OGXbox.com

OGXBox 2021 XBlastOS 8MB MC TSOP Flasher

sweetdarkdestiny

40 minutes ago, space-hopper said:

Hi how do I run xblast 2021 from disk like Hexen after I downloaded the files there all rar files no iso bootable files any help out there thx.

You don't use these files to launch a installer.

You copy these files to your memorycard (MC) or usb stick using FatXplorer 3.0 and from there you copy them to your XBox. After that you launch one of the supportet games like Splinter Cell and launch the save game and the flasher will start. But thats all already written in the included pdf files.  And there is a demo video in the first post and another one on YT.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For everyone's information, the mirror links posted by dark on page 1 are still active, albeit for the older version.  I've just started doing research on modding my V1.0 Xbox and found my way to this thread.  I was excited about the possibility of accomplishing the TSOP flash without softmodding (as my DVD drive is no good), only to find that the developer has removed all of their uploads for personal reasons.  I understand why (and do not judge them for their decision) but I hope they will reconsider, if only for the sake of us newbies.  Once I am confident in the procedure, I hope to flash the TSOP using the files from the older (NTSC) link, with the latest Cerbios version.  These forums are very informative, and I respect all of the developers for their work in keeping these old consoles alive.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Krebs830 said:

For everyone's information, the mirror links posted by dark on page 1 are still active, albeit for the older version.  I've just started doing research on modding my V1.0 Xbox and found my way to this thread.  I was excited about the possibility of accomplishing the TSOP flash without softmodding (as my DVD drive is no good), only to find that the developer has removed all of their uploads for personal reasons.  I understand why (and do not judge them for their decision) but I hope they will reconsider, if only for the sake of us newbies.  Once I am confident in the procedure, I hope to flash the TSOP using the files from the older (NTSC) link, with the latest Cerbios version.  These forums are very informative, and I respect all of the developers for their work in keeping these old consoles alive.  Thank you!

Not for me. It's possible that they were just removed in the last few minutes. :/

15 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Not for me. It's possible that they were just removed in the last few minutes. :/

Hm, I just now checked, and all three links are good.  Dark's post is #3 on page 1, BTW.  I unzipped the package and looked at the readme, and it'll take a bit to understand the procedure.  I also bought a couple of donors from eBay; I'm hoping to cobble together at least one working unit.  One of my hobbies is computers and electronics tinkering, and in the 00's I did some experimenting with rooting, reprogramming and unbricking Android cell phones.  The Xbox mods I've been seeing look similar to that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Krebs830 said:

Hm, I just now checked, and all three links are good.  Dark's post is #3 on page 1, BTW.  I unzipped the package and looked at the readme, and it'll take a bit to understand the procedure.  I also bought a couple of donors from eBay; I'm hoping to cobble together at least one working unit.  One of my hobbies is computers and electronics tinkering, and in the 00's I did some experimenting with rooting, reprogramming and unbricking Android cell phones.  The Xbox mods I've been seeing look similar to that.

The TSOP tool is awesome and makes TSOP flashing a breeze. @sweetdarkdestiny nailed it on that one, man.

I also did a lot of rooting on androids when they first came out. .. back when it was easier. lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

Can I flash 2.3.1 Cerbios onto my 1.4 Winbond with this?

XBlast should be able to flash the winbond fine, yes. I put the newest version of cerbios on the flash drive, then use the boot menu file browser to copy it to C/bios/ and then launch pure xblast from the menu. Then I load the bios file off the bios directory and flash it. Just make sure your solder points are good!

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

XBlast should be able to flash the winbond fine, yes. I put the newest version of cerbios on the flash drive, then use the boot menu file browser to copy it to C/bios/ and then launch pure xblast from the menu. Then I load the bios file off the bios directory and flash it. Just make sure your solder points are good!

And if my solder points are bad?... As it is I renamed the 'Cerbios Hybrid V2.3.1 BETA.bin' to Bios.bin and replaced the 1.02 Cerbios file that was orignially in the the Cerbios folder of Dark's TSOP flasher with it so it would flash the latest version, but once I got the message it was about to load xblast, I got a black screen and then an error 21. If solder points are bad surely the chip can't be written to and the flash will just fail? - or maybe that's what I'm describing above...ugh

Not sure if my points are bad or if it's the case of me replacing the bios file in the flasher messed with something else as the flasher I was using was written for the 1.02 Cerbios that wasn't for 1.4s like I was trying. Has anyone got a copy of the latest flasher with the latest Cerbios in it? I tried the BFM disc as well but for some reason the xbox isn't reading it now no matter what DVD drive I put in it - and it's strange as I can't get any of the drives to read any of the discs I'd burned and were loading perfectly OK on other systems using the same DVD drives.

Edited by extra-ordinary_

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

The TSOP tool is awesome and makes TSOP flashing a breeze. @sweetdarkdestiny nailed it on that one, man.

I also did a lot of rooting on androids when they first came out. .. back when it was easier. lol.

It appears that I still need to obtain the components for a rocky5-style softmod (game, USB memory stick and adapter cable), as well as a working Xbox DVD drive.  If I use a PC to softmod the HDD, will I be able to copy over the required files and run it from there?  Or is that defeating the purpose of this utility?

1 hour ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

And if my solder points are bad?... As it is I renamed the 'Cerbios Hybrid V2.3.1 BETA.bin' to Bios.bin and replaced the 1.02 Cerbios file that was orignially in the the Cerbios folder of Dark's TSOP flasher with it so it would flash the latest version, but once I got the message it was about to load xblast, I got a black screen and then an error 21. If solder points are bad surely the chip can't be written to and the flash will just fail? - or maybe that's what I'm describing above...ugh

Not sure if my points are bad or if it's the case of me replacing the bios file in the flasher messed with something else as the flasher I was using was written for the 1.02 Cerbios that wasn't for 1.4s like I was trying. Has anyone got a copy of the latest flasher with the latest Cerbios in it? I tried the BFM disc as well but for some reason the xbox isn't reading it now no matter what DVD drive I put in it - and it's strange as I can't get any of the drives to read any of the discs I'd burned and were loading perfectly OK on other systems using the same DVD drives.

Like I said, just put the newest bios on the flash drive root directory and then copy it over with the file browser that comes with the TSOP tool to C/bios/ so that xblast can see it. The just "load pure XBlast" from the TSOP menu (it's a bit buried) and go to the flash menu, HDD flash, load the file you put in /bios/ and then press the button combination. to flash. You're using a flash drive, correct?

The points being bad wont cause a black screen to occur. But XBlast and anything that looks at the flash will either say "unsupported" or "protected".

1 hour ago, Krebs830 said:

It appears that I still need to obtain the components for a rocky5-style softmod (game, USB memory stick and adapter cable), as well as a working Xbox DVD drive.  If I use a PC to softmod the HDD, will I be able to copy over the required files and run it from there?  Or is that defeating the purpose of this utility?

If you are attempting to softmod, PLEASE don't. This basically IS the softmod savegame exploit, but uses it to achieve a different end. You have no need to softmod at all. Drag these onto the flash drive with the adapter to hook it up. Then go into the MS dash and copy over the save for the game you are using for the exploit. Then copy over the softmod tool in the same manner. It'll be in there :) Should take about 20 seconds to copy over to the HDD. then restart the console and run the game. I use splinter cell. I have the full instructions on another HDD, but the full package has been removed by @sweetdarkdestiny, unfortunately. There are instructions for each game, but using splinter cell you just continue game, select linux, and then the exploit starts. I think in any game you just load the save in-game and the exploit starts.

No softmod. :)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If you are attempting to softmod, PLEASE don't. This basically IS the softmod savegame exploit, but uses it to achieve a different end. You have no need to softmod at all. Drag these onto the flash drive with the adapter to hook it up. Then go into the MS dash and copy over the save for the game you are using for the exploit. Then copy over the softmod tool in the same manner. It'll be in there :) Should take about 20 seconds to copy over to the HDD. then restart the console and run the game. I use splinter cell. I have the full instructions on another HDD, but the full package has been removed by @sweetdarkdestiny, unfortunately. There are instructions for each game, but using splinter cell you just continue game, select linux, and then the exploit starts. I think in any game you just load the save in-game and the exploit starts.

A quick note on the flash drive and adapter…I’ve found best practice is to hook these up to a controller port of your choosing before you power on the Xbox. It basically eliminates the issue that happens with some usbs where the Xbox will corrupt usb data when it’s plugged in while already on. It doesn’t happen all the time but is annoying when it does. Anyway, just thought I’d mention it. :D 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Like I said, just put the newest bios on the flash drive root directory and then copy it over with the file browser that comes with the TSOP tool to C/bios/ so that xblast can see it. The just "load pure XBlast" from the TSOP menu (it's a bit buried) and go to the flash menu, HDD flash, load the file you put in /bios/ and then press the button combination. to flash. You're using a flash drive, correct?

The points being bad wont cause a black screen to occur. But XBlast and anything that looks at the flash will either say "unsupported" or "protected".

Gotcha.  I definitely want to do the TSOP flash, not a softmod.  I guess I misunderstood the OP, thinking it didn't require a game.  BTW, their YouTube videos are still up, and they're very helpful.  There's a neat little retro-gaming shop near me that should have one of the games in stock, and one of the donor sellers claimed that the DVD drive works. 🤞

5 minutes ago, Krebs830 said:

Gotcha.  I definitely want to do the TSOP flash, not a softmod.  I guess I misunderstood the OP, thinking it didn't require a game.  BTW, their YouTube videos are still up, and they're very helpful.  There's a neat little retro-gaming shop near me that should have one of the games in stock, and one of the donor sellers claimed that the DVD drive works. 🤞

There ya go! :) If not, you can always get splinter cell on ebay for like, 8 bucks shipped.

Sweetdarkdestiny was a valuable asset to the community and his videos are indeed helpful.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:26 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Thanks for the help.

Yeh that's a real pity about sweetdarkdestiny...hope he rethinks, seems he was in a real pissy mood...it's possible some of what was said got lost in translation and he took offence when none was meant.

I'm getting the error 21 as soon as I try and launch xblast either from the bios menus of the TSOP flasher or launching it manually from file explorer.

I've revisited the Cerbios BFM disc and have found that the 1.4 system won't recognise the disc no matter what DVD drive I try, and yet if I put it in my softmodded 1.6 in the same DVD drive, I can launch the disc no problem from the softmod menu - which has me thinking now of softmodding the 1.4 and see if I can get the BFM to work then. What's the downside of softmodding first?

• 1 month later...

Hi, just checking in to report that I've successfully flashed a V1.2 XBox using @sweetdarkdestiny's toolkit.  I bridged the solder points using a silver trace pen, and it worked perfectly.  A note on prepping the USB stick: You need to use the provided file manager to format the stick and mount it so that your OS can read/write to it.  Also, when you're ready to copy the game save data don't copy the top folder; click through to the UDATA folder and copy the numbered folder inside to the stick.  Otherwise, the XBox will call it a corrupted save file and refuse to copy it to the HDD.  Took some trial-and-error to figure that out.  Another note: When the flasher tells you to confirm by holding RT, LT, Start and White, it means to press them simultaneously, not in sequence. 😅