OGXbox.com

PSX multi cd games

Lexieye

Hello fellow Xbox enthusiasts 😄

with PSX games I can’t add them to my favourites list if they are multi CD?

the game always errors with CHECK CUE FILE
I have learnt many things in my journey in XBoX emulation but I think I’ve stumbled across a bug

SO 

PCSX4Xbox can only play multi cd games if you make the CUE file read game-track (1).bin                           game-track (2).bin 

witch is cool

i go to PSX in my XBMC-EMUSTATION menu and select the multi game and it plays fine. WHEN I add the game to my favourites list  again  when I select it I get ERROR CHECK CUE FILE. 
this is a Rocky5 modded XBoX, so I’m guessing that’s the fault.

I have EmulationStation on my Raspberry_Pi but that can read ISO’s and EBOOTs. is there something similar I can do on XBoX to make it read one single file like an ISO or EBOOT?

Which version of the emulator PCSXbox is being used?

I see that emuxtras.net has 3 available in their downloads section by Madmab:

• Pcsxbox Redux v21b3
  • PCSXbox v22b25
  • PCSXbox v23

and one more, PCSX-Reloaded, by another developer - tabajara:

Check the first post of the forum thread, PCSX-ReloadedX Progress - new PSX emulator for Xbox, for more info about this emulator.

7 hours ago, Lexieye said:

i go to PSX in my XBMC-EMUSTATION menu and select the multi game and it plays fine. WHEN I add the game to my favourites list  again  when I select it I get ERROR CHECK CUE FILE. 
this is a Rocky5 modded XBoX, so I’m guessing that’s the fault.

Since you can play the game from the PCSXbox emulator without a problem. it sounds like a bug.  It could be in XBMC-Emustation's Favorites or the emulator itself.

Edit: What is the name of one of the games that demonstrates this problem?

On 2/19/2022 at 5:05 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Since you can play the game from the PCSXbox emulator without a problem. it sounds like a bug.  It could be in XBMC-Emustation's Favorites or the emulator itself.

Edit: What is the name of one of the games that demonstrates this problem?

OddWorld Abe’s Exodus

cd1.bin

cd2.bin

You may need to create a cue file that contains information about both the cd1.bin and cd2.bin files.

The emulator itself may notice that there are two dot bin files in the subfolder and understands that the game has two discs; however, with XBMC-Emustation's favorites (shortcuts), only the single disc image used to create the favorite is seen.

I'll do some more testing after I find the disc images to download.