OGXbox.com

Xbox shows black screen or no signal when powered on.

Pezical

So I found my old Original Xbox from a while ago and decided to turn it on to see what games I had and what was on the system. When I turned on the console using the power button the screen was black (no signal). But, when I pressed the disk eject button it started up with the boot screen playing but sent me to the error screen with the code 05.

The console has a Duo x2 Fujitsu mod chip and from what I remember the console used EvolutionX as the dashboard. The mod chip also flashes red when I turn on the console (not sure if this is bad or not)?

I didn't make any changes to the console so I'm confused as to what happened to it?

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Error 05 is the HDD is not locked and by powering on the Xbox with the eject it's booting to the original bios and not the mod chip.

Try changing the small switch that's on the mod chip or at least move the switch back and forward a couple of times. 

I suspect the HDD may have failed or it could be the mod chip solder joints are not so good.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Error 05 is the HDD is not locked and by powering on the Xbox with the eject it's booting to the original bios and not the mod chip.

Try changing the small switch that's on the mod chip or at least move the switch back and forward a couple of times. 

I suspect the HDD may have failed or it could be the mod chip solder joints are not so good.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I think you may be right about the poor solder joints. I bumped the D0 wire while removing the Hard Drive and Disk Drive and the wire came right off the board with ease.

Should I re-solder the D0 wire back onto the board with new wire? Any other mods I should do to the console?

Also, does the HDD have to be locked when using a mod chip? 

Thanks, Pez.

I would highly suggest the mod chip be wired to always active as the only reason for using the original bios was for Xbox Live so you didn't get banned.

Buy removing the wire from the front pannel and connecting the BT point on the mod chip like this it makes the chip always on

1027481575_DuoX2BTlink.jpg.ea2f816b6771cf508fcc80c00ddb6e23.jpg

As for the D0 point I always suggest you ground the D0 point using the alternative D0 point on the bottom of the main board.

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I would highly suggest the mod chip be wired to always active as the only reason for using the original bios was for Xbox Live so you didn't get banned.

Buy removing the wire from the front pannel and connecting the BT point on the mod chip like this it makes the chip always on

1027481575_DuoX2BTlink.jpg.ea2f816b6771cf508fcc80c00ddb6e23.jpg

As for the D0 point I always suggest you ground the D0 point using the alternative D0 point on the bottom of the main board.

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks! I'll have a crack at this when I get the time and see how it goes.

Cheers for the help by the way! 

Thanks, Pez.