OGXbox.com

XBMC Origins fanart slideslow screensaver

hchien

I believe you need to go into XBMC's Settings > Appearance > Screensaver menu then into the Settings line on the right-hand side of the page.  The current path should be displayed there.

Edit: I don't have a copy of the 2TB XBMC Origins image downloaded to know if these instructions are correct.  

Edit2: It looks like there is no Settings submenu for the Fanart screensaver.  There must be other modes (e.g., Images, fanart) than Dim as seen below that activate the currently deactivated/disabled Slideshow folder path to display images stored there. 

Here's a screenshot I captured from Retro Pro Frank's YouTube video Original XBox 2TB XBMC Origins PREVIEW For The Modded OG Xbox [28m23s / 1703s into the video] showing the Settings > Appearance > Screensaver settings page: image.png.a7c966a0d24fdd086fa04e45e7bb9f77.png

9 hours ago, hchien said:

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, when you select fanart slideshow, it greys out the "slideshow folder" setting.

I looked under Q:\screensavers but it doesn't appear to be there.  This is what it looks like:

<image removed see post above -- KE>

Where do you do this operation, "select fanart slideshow"?

If in System Settings > Appearance > Screensaver, does a new -Settings option not appear in the right-hand side of the Screensavers configuration page?

Please post a directory listing of the folder Q:\scripts too.

Edit: Oops, Settings not System for the start of the menu options to traverse above.  Reworded content.

I'm going to:

Settings->Appearance->Screensaver and on the right side "Screensaver mode" let's you pick between different screensavers and I select "Fanart slideshow".

In:

Settings->System, I don't have an Appearance option.  Down the left side, choices are "General", "Video output", "Audio output", "LCD", "Debugging", "Autorun media", "Harddisk", "DVDPlayer cache", "MPlayer cache", "Master lock"

My Q:\scripts:

qscripts.png.4150b660f468565931264b9c4a9616f8.png

I think I found it by brute force (I downloaded the entire Q partition and searched).

It's under:

/Q/UserData/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart

not the most intuitive place and I have no idea how to change it.  To complicate things, the 4 files that are there are .tbn files which is apparently a thumbnail/picture format that Kodi uses.

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Where do you do this operation, "select fanart slideshow"?

If in System > Appearance > Screensaver, does a new -Settings option not appear in the right-hand side of the Screensavers settings page?

Please post a directory listing of the folder Q:\scripts too.

oops, that's a mistake.  It should be Settings > Appearance > Screensaver

2 hours ago, hchien said:

I think I found it by brute force (I downloaded the entire Q partition and searched).

It's under:

/Q/UserData/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart

not the most intuitive place and I have no idea how to change it.  To complicate things, the 4 files that are there are .tbn files which is apparently a thumbnail/picture format that Kodi uses.

dot tbn files are actually jpg or png files renamed with the filename extension tbn.

• Like 1