OGXbox.com

[WIP] Stream Movies & TV Shows on your Original Xbox!

antonic901

• 5 months later...

After the first initial configuration the homepage appears in the movie section as described in the guide, but after a few seconds the loading icon appears on the screen and continues to do so indefinitely blocking the xbox, and at this point the only thing I can do is restart. How do I solve the problem? Because it does not work?

Nothing in particular happens; as soon as I get to the home without pressing any key below on the right the infinitely loading icon appears freezing the xbox. Apparently there is a strange bug where if the plugin is installed in the video folder this happens. Instead installing it in the scripts folder everything works correctly. I advise you to take a look at it if you can solve it, or at least write it in the guide or at the beginning of the post, it's just a small annoying bug that risks wasting a lot of time if you don't know this solution

• 3 weeks later...

Quick couple questions, I have this working fine with my 128mb xbox currently but I just got another 64mb xbox I want to set up in another room. How does the backend handle request from multiple xbox's, would it sort it out correctly? Also how is the 64mb support now, as long as you don't open multiple tabs it shouldn't freeze?

When we talk about 64MB RAM Xboxes you have to open script, go straight to search, open movie and click watch. If you do anything else Xbox will crash when you start playing video. Reason for this is because it's not possible (or I don't know how) to close script and then start playback. Because of that, script is running and at the same time video is playing and we are on low memory because of that. Solution for Xboxes with 64MB RAM is to create plugin (some clone of TMDB Helper) and we won't have this issues, because plugin initialize python, list some content and then close python. I will create this in some future, but I don't know when.

To be honest I didn't try to use PC API with more then on Xbox but it should work. In theory it should work without a problem. Maybe the only problem could be when two Xboxes want to play same torrent file. Try it and give me some feedback :)

P.S. You also need powerful PC that can decode more then one video at the same time.

Ah I didn't think about the decoding I was already right on the line with an overclocked raspberry pi 4 for a single stream. I'll hold off on using both at the same time for now, hopefully you'll find a way to reduce ram usage or I'll just wait for the simple plugin. Is there no virtual memory management in xbmc?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey had to re-install this and instructions on your github are out of date for the newest alpha. where it says:

PC

• Open backend-for-pc/xbox-classic-streamer in terminal/console and type:
    npm install
    node ./server/bin.js

should be node ./backend/bin.js?

And when running that when I request a torrent all I get is a 500 and then 404 errors on the backend terminal

I can't remember how I got this working the first time around any idea?

Error: Torrent is missing required field: info
    at ensure (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\parse-torrent-file\index.js:144:20)
    at decodeTorrentFile (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\parse-torrent-file\index.js:20:3)
    at parseTorrent (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\parse-torrent\index.js:22:12)
    at onData (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\read-torrent\index.js:25:26)
    at Request.onResponse [as _callback] (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\read-torrent\index.js:47:9)
    at self.callback (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22)
    at Request.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at Request.<anonymous> (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\request\request.js:1154:10)
    at Request.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\backend-for-pc\xbox-classic-streamer\node_modules\request\request.js:1076:12)
    at Object.onceWrapper (node:events:627:28)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)
    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1359:12)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21)
POST /torrents 500 1713.213 ms - 2
GET /torrents/None 404 0.546 ms - 9
GET /torrents/None 404 0.485 ms - 9
GET /torrents/None 404 0.940 ms - 9

I figured it out. For some reason the node.js backend was using my vmware virtual ethernet adapter so it was on a different subnet from the xbox.... weird, I had to close my distcc virtual machine, disable the virtual adapters in windows settings, run npm install, npm run console, and then reenable the vmware adapters, and reopen virtual machine. Now it's working but getting stuck on MOOV ATOM. 

GET /torrents/f5e058892444a1464367afb1876de80d68a085de/files/Avatar%20The%20Way%20of%20Water%202022%20HDTS%201080p%20x264%20AAC%202GB%20-%20HushRips.mkv?ffmpeg=probe 500 104.117 ms - 44
GET /torrents/f5e058892444a1464367afb1876de80d68a085de/moov-atom 200 0.385 ms - 2
Avatar The Way of Water 2022 HDTS 1080p x264 AAC 2GB - HushRips.mkv
Error: spawn ./ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe.exe ENOENT
    at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:283:19)
    at onErrorNT (node:internal/child_process:476:16)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21) {
  errno: -4058,
  code: 'ENOENT',
  syscall: 'spawn ./ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe.exe',
  path: './ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe.exe',
  spawnargs: [
    '-show_streams',
    '-show_format',
    'C:\\Users\\dust0\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\torrent-stream\\f5e058892444a1464367afb1876de80d68a085de\\Avatar The Way of Water 2022 HDTS 1080p x264 AAC 2GB - HushRips.mkv'

Do I need to change the PATH in windows for ffmpeg from the local install to the one included from your git clone or something?

here is my current ffmpeg:

PS C:\Users\dust0> ffmpeg -version
ffmpeg version N-109606-g01f46f18db-20230116 Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 12.2.0 (crosstool-NG 1.25.0.90_cf9beb1)
configuration: --prefix=/ffbuild/prefix --pkg-config-flags=--static --pkg-config=pkg-config --cross-prefix=x86_64-w64-mingw32- --arch=x86_64 --target-os=mingw32 --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-debug --disable-w32threads --enable-pthreads --enable-iconv --enable-libxml2 --enable-zlib --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-gmp --enable-lzma --enable-fontconfig --enable-libvorbis --enable-opencl --disable-libpulse --enable-libvmaf --disable-libxcb --disable-xlib --enable-amf --enable-libaom --enable-libaribb24 --enable-avisynth --enable-chromaprint --enable-libdav1d --enable-libdavs2 --disable-libfdk-aac --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-frei0r --enable-libgme --enable-libkvazaar --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libjxl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-librist --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-lv2 --disable-libmfx --enable-libvpl --enable-openal --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenh264 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-librav1e --enable-librubberband --enable-schannel --enable-sdl2 --enable-libsoxr --enable-libsrt --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libtwolame --enable-libuavs3d --disable-libdrm --disable-vaapi --enable-libvidstab --enable-vulkan --enable-libshaderc --enable-libplacebo --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-libzvbi --extra-cflags=-DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC --extra-cxxflags= --extra-ldflags=-pthread --extra-ldexeflags= --extra-libs=-lgomp --extra-version=20230116
libavutil      57. 44.100 / 57. 44.100
libavcodec     59. 56.100 / 59. 56.100
libavformat    59. 35.100 / 59. 35.100
libavdevice    59.  8.101 / 59.  8.101
libavfilter     8. 54.100 /  8. 54.100
libswscale      6.  8.112 /  6.  8.112
libswresample   4.  9.100 /  4.  9.100
libpostproc    56.  7.100 / 56.  7.100

Edited by dust08

Ah I see! Thank you. My old pc died and I got a new one built and decided to try out windows 11 for ease of use instead of linux, I might switch back lol

Edit: And it works! So the windows version all I needed to do was run the .exe, I feel silly now.

Edited by dust08

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2023 at 3:38 PM, dust08 said:

Well started getting letters from my ISP lol. So just FYI be careful everyone. Weird because I've never got letters for using regular torrent clients, even downloading movies/games. Any way to anonymize this @antonic901 ? Maybe use something like tribler Tribler - Wikipedia as the backend with the onion routing mode?

I dont have plans to support that, sorry :) You could use some VPN if you want to hide your identity when using torrents.

• 2 months later...

It seems that my streaming app is still working. It's crazy that I'm able to stream new season of witcher on device from 2001.. Hovever it seems that only 1337x is left of working providers, all other are broken or unavailable.. I will definitly need to take a look and try to integrate coco scrapers and real debrid inside this API..

Screenshot 2023-06-30 16-03-14.png

Screenshot 2023-06-30 16-03-04.png

On 3/24/2023 at 7:38 AM, dust08 said:

Well started getting letters from my ISP lol. So just FYI be careful everyone. Weird because I've never got letters for using regular torrent clients, even downloading movies/games. Any way to anonymize this @antonic901 ? Maybe use something like tribler Tribler - Wikipedia as the backend with the onion routing mode?

Are you fucking KIDDING me? What is this, 1999? Are they the RIAA? Since when did ISPs become responsible for policing traffic and content, anyway? Retarded. Sorry you have to deal with that. :( 

VPN?