OGXbox.com

Just trying to help my son..

Nipring

So about 12 years ago i bought a modded (x3) xbox from a guy on the neogeo forums. Worked fine for me for a couple years. Then one day it didn't. I bought it, used it, but did not build it. I had no idea what to do, was raising kids, etc So into the attic it went. A month ago my 20yo son pulled it out and asked if he could have it. Of course, but i didn't know why it wouldn't go into a dashboard anymore. And after a couple weeks, its found its wayback in front of me to provide some dad help.

I've paid the upgrade fee here so i can spare myself the hours of searching the web for downloads for me to experiment with, but...i still don't see a download section anywhere. Logged out, logged back in, nothing. Is there even a dedicated section?

Thanks

If it has a separate mod chip, it could just need a more recent flash. That said I have had similar with mine when the HD has died. 

Also worth a look at if it still has the clock capacitor attached. A few years in the attic and thats enough to accelerate the Cap killing itself and damaging the board. Good news is all but the most serious damage is fixable. Since the OG came out and caps started to be an issue 10+ years ago I have only come across two boards that were game over.  Outside of the XBox arena is a different matter, seen plenty of boards that are trash due to crappy caps leaking.