OGXbox.com

Can I install multiple softmod?

JohnnyHUN

I have an OG xbox, I opened up but I didn't see any chip or soldered wire, so I assume my xbox is softmoded. Also I played Splinter Cell and I saw an already existing profile called "Linux", and I saw on videos this is how people softmod their console. So I dont know which one do I have currently, but I would like to install Rocky5's softmod, looks way cooler to me. What if I install Rockys softmod while I already have one installed? 

Which replacement dashboard is running on the Xbox?

Is there a menu entry for an application called NKPatcher Settings?

If so, run it and connect to the console with an FTP client.  Browse the C drive's content.

Do you see a folder named, Do not touch anything in here?

If so, the Xbox is softmodded with Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool.

If not, it's some other softmod.

Hmm, I think there may be an easier way.  Find the softmod installer save.  Is it named Xbox Softmodding Tool, Softmod Installer Deluxe or SID?

There are two saves used to install some softmods.  One for the exploitable game with the name Linux and the second save that contains the installer for the softmod named for the softmod it is installing.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which replacement dashboard is running on the Xbox?

Is there a menu entry for an application called NKPatcher Settings?

If so, run it and connect to the console with an FTP client.  Browse the C drive's content.

Do you see a folder named, Do not touch anything in here?

If so, the Xbox is softmodded with Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool.

If not, it's some other softmod.

No there is no folder like that, also there is no NKpatcher folder anywhere, I also see no "softmod" labeled folders anywhere. Maybe I have a TSOP bridge cable hidden somewhere inside the xbox that I didn't see? 

On 2/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Which Xbox version do you have?

Which replacement dashboard are you using?

What is the kernel version of the BIOS that it boots? 

If you are using UnleashX, press the Y button to display the System Info pop-up window.  

5c69a7f896880_UnleashXSystemInfoPage-KernelVersion.png.dff9ead1883fd43f52d8eb5541817417.png

Press (B) to close this window.

https://ibb.co/z42XwfQ

https://ibb.co/TKXx37T

This is all I know. But I heard that if you boot up your xbox, and you see nothing, I mean only the official stuff, its softmodded, and if you see any plus stuff its hardmodded. Is it true? When I boot my xbox its says "xecuter rox my xbox"

The path to the dash shown (E:\UDATA\........) seems to indicate that the UnleashX dash you are/were running is actually a softmod installer dash.

The "Xecuter Rox My Box" on boot means your Xbox is hardmodded and as you say you can't see a chip it is most likely a TSOP. A TSOP where somebody has left parts of the original softmod behind - that, I think, probably explains all the problems.

Can you post pics of the C:\ and E:\ drive content? The installer dash you're using has a file manager so it should be possible. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

https://ibb.co/z42XwfQ

https://ibb.co/TKXx37T

This is all I know. But I heard that if you boot up your xbox, and you see nothing, I mean only the official stuff, its softmodded, and if you see any plus stuff its hardmodded. Is it true? When I boot my xbox its says "xecuter rox my xbox"

Since the text under the big X logo at the end of the startup animation says, "Xecuter Rox My Box", your console is hard modded.

Edit:

However, your console has no replacement dashboard installed at a location the hard mod BIOS looks to run one thus boots the stock MS dashboard which has a softmod installed.  And, this old installed softmod plays nice with a hard mod, unlike some newer softmods (e.g., Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool) that don't. They only display a black/blank screen when you expect to see the replacement dashboard.

From UnleashX's Path line - E:\UDATA\21585554\000000000000\, your hard modded console is running the softmod's copy of the UnleashX replacement dashboard.