OGXbox.com

How can I restore Evox / Unleashx dashboard from xmbc?

JohnnyHUN

• 5 months later...

In most cases this work:

Upload the dashboard you want to the E or F drive. C doesn't have much space available to install apps. Neither does E but it has a lot more than C.

Use the XBE Shortcut Maker 2.0 Windows app to create a shortcut file to the dashboard you want default.xbe file. Rename the current evoxdash.xbe on the E drive to something else and upload the new shortcut that's named evoxdash.xbe to replace it.

The other option is try one of the autoinstallers because a lot of them have default dashboard change.

But you said you dont know what kind of mod is. 

If you look at the corners of your console you can see if there is one light when console is turned on. If so it can have aladdin or another modchip.

What happens when you turn on your xbox pressing eject button? And pressing power button? Something change? One of the buttons take you to original xbox dashboard?

The answers may help us to help you better.

It is an old thread but that ^ is not really safe practice, particularly if you don't know whether you're dealing with a softmod or hardmod.

I've used it for similar reasons and others ie. revert a particular UnleashX version back to the one I prefer. But there comes a point when if anything goes wrong, a mistake with the shortcut, the renaming or accidental reboot or shutdown that you will get yourself into trouble, especially with a softmod.

The ideal solution is always to work with a backup HDD. But failing that you need to make sure you have an eeprom backup on your PC in case things go wrong but also test the shortcut actually works before installing it for real.

For general informational purposes: with XBMC to keep it neat and tidy as it has multiples files and folders, it is/was common practice when swapping a main dashboard to XBMC to leave it in E:\Apps, if it was already there, and use a shortcut: indeed E:\evoxdash.xbe to launch it. Because that was the typical purpose for using The Xbox Shortcut Maker tool it actually comes with that as a legacy default path (e:\apps\Xbox Media Center\default.xbe) although as you can see it uses "Xbox Media Center" rather than the now preferred "XBMC"

AID/SID (Auto Installer Deluxe/Softmod Installer Deluxe) install XBMC as a main dash in similar fashion using a shortcut E:\evoxdash.xbe too but in their case they install the XBMC folder directly on E:\ in a folder ie. E:\XBMC.

However I have read about XBMC installations where the user has spewed everything in the XBMC folder onto the E:\ drive and then renames the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe. I'm sure it works but it is just not a very tidy way of doing it.