OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

On 2/12/2023 at 2:30 PM, Jebiveter said:

How to change bootanimation with cerbios 

upload the boot animation you want to use and edit the cerbios.ini file to play it.

; Boot Animation path (always falls back to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\BootAnims\Xbox\bootanim.xbe)
BootAnimPath = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\BootAnims\Xbox\BootAnim.xbe

There are many different animation files available on xbins FTP server.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, playgames said:

I had already fleshed my Aladdin chip twice, I decided to change the bios and downloaded the cerbios bios version 2.0.3 package, after fleshing I received error 05 does anyone know what went wrong?
My xbox is version 1.6

Only the version 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 are suitable for a 1.6 Xbox

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Apenas a versão 2.2.0 e 2.2.1 são adequadas para um Xbox 1.6

Saúde

SS Dave

Soft modding é como se masturbar, faz o trabalho, mas não é nada como a coisa real.

Thanks for answering... in this case will the chip die with this error 05 or is it possible to recover and install version 2.2.1?
After I did the recording of the bios, the chip turns on the red led but does not enter the dashboard

2 hours ago, playgames said:

Thanks for answering... in this case will the chip die with this error 05 or is it possible to recover and install version 2.2.1?
After I did the recording of the bios, the chip turns on the red led but does not enter the dashboard

Error Code 05
Problem: Hard disk drive (HDD) not locked.

It's sounding like it's trying to boot stock bios, have you double checked the mod-chip connections

Do you have a copy of the eeprom file? or the original HDD that's still locked to the mother board.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Error Code 05
Problem: Hard disk drive (HDD) not locked.

It's sounding like it's trying to boot stock bios, have you double checked the mod-chip connections

Do you have a copy of the eeprom file? or the original HDD that's still locked to the mother board.

Cheers

SS Dave

unfortunately I don't have the original hd or the copy of the eeprom, I already checked the points of the chip and they are ok the led also lights up normally, this problem of error 05 happened after flashing the chip and the console restarting....I also noticed that before the problem to activate the chip I had to press Power for 2 seconds, after the error when I press the console off...

On 2/16/2023 at 3:34 AM, playgames said:

I also noticed that before the problem to activate the chip I had to press Power for 2 seconds, after the error when I press the console off...

Holding the power for 2 seconds is normal on some modchips

The easiest way would be a hot swap of the mod-chip.

On the 1.6 you will need to link the D0 wire from the main board to ground (one of the MB screws) I would also link the BT on the mod chips to ground ( pin 2 on the LPC connector).

Plug the new chip on the main board and boot the Xbox then load the bios flash program now while the Xbox is running unplug the new chip and refit the old chip, Now you can re-flash the bios with a 1.6 version

The other method is to use an external eeprom reader/writer and remove eeprom from the mod chip to re-flash it.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Holding the power for 2 seconds is normal on some modchips

The easiest way would be a hot swap of the mod-chip.

On the 1.6 you will need to link the D0 wire from the main board to ground (one of the MB screws) I would also link the BT on the mod chips to ground ( pin 2 on the LPC connector).

Plug the new chip on the main board and boot the Xbox then load the bios flash program now while the Xbox is running unplug the new chip and refit the old chip, Now you can re-flash the bios with a 1.6 version

The other method is to use an external eeprom reader/writer and remove eeprom from the mod chip to re-flash it.

Cheers

SS Dave

SS_Dave, Thanks a lot for the tip, I didn't know that it was possible to carry out this procedure of changing the chip with the console still on... I'm going to buy a new chip and do the test, as soon as possible I'll let you know if it worked... Thanks again...sorry for the bad english, I'm using google translator..

23 minutes ago, playgames said:

SS_Dave, Thanks a lot for the tip, I didn't know that it was possible to carry out this procedure of changing the chip with the console still on... I'm going to buy a new chip and do the test, as soon as possible I'll let you know if it worked... Thanks again...sorry for the bad english, I'm using google translator..

The google translate is working fine and after been on forums for ages you learn to read broken English just fine.

Just be careful when you are connecting the chip while the Xbox is running as you don't want to connect it to the wrong pins. Best to sit the Xbox on an angle so you can see the LPC pins and maybe practice a couple of times with the Xbox unplugged from the mains.

You don't have to worry doing this just yet but maybe later it might be a good idea.

With the Xbox 1.6 I recommend you cut the LFrame trace and then you don't need the D0 wire.

833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

The reasoning for this is the cheap modchip's or grounding the D0 point will hold the D0 to ground and it could passably damage the Xbox. The better chips like the OpenXeniun, Xenium ICE, Xenium, X3, Xblast only ground the D0 as needed and at all other times it's as if it's not connected to anything.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The google translate is working fine and after been on forums for ages you learn to read broken English just fine.

Just be careful when you are connecting the chip while the Xbox is running as you don't want to connect it to the wrong pins. Best to sit the Xbox on an angle so you can see the LPC pins and maybe practice a couple of times with the Xbox unplugged from the mains.

You don't have to worry doing this just yet but maybe later it might be a good idea.

With the Xbox 1.6 I recommend you cut the LFrame trace and then you don't need the D0 wire.

The reasoning for this is the cheap modchip's or grounding the D0 point will hold the D0 to ground and it could passably damage the Xbox. The better chips like the OpenXeniun, Xenium ICE, Xenium, X3, Xblast only ground the D0 as needed and at all other times it's as if it's not connected to anything.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yes, I've been practicing English but there are still many words I don't understand, in this case I end up using the translator

Again, thank you very much for the golden tips, I'm going to put them into practice and hope to revive the xbox because of the consoles I have, it's the one I like the most....

Obrigado SS_Dave Deus o abençoe,pela ajuda que da a todos

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 7:54 PM, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

That is a procedure I would like to avoid, if possible. Lol

On 2/22/2023 at 7:32 AM, Onaga said:

what to do? :(

I was referring to the “HDD Ready” converted game files that are the most commonly used backups. You can use full redump files on Cerbios or convert those into .CCI format using a program called Repackinator. Cerbios was made to improve upon every game running without flaw and the redump files are the best way to achieve that goal. The redump files are very large files and will consume space very quickly.
That is where the benefit of .CCI comes in. These are compressed and scrubbed conversions, making them nearly 1/3 the normal size while retaining 100% compatibility. 

On 2/22/2023 at 7:32 AM, Onaga said:

what is DD?

My best guess would DVD Decrypter. I know that’s a program that can extract .iso files into separate audio and video folders. 

Edited by MadMartigan
Reworded
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

I was referring to the “HDD Ready” converted game files that are the most commonly used backups. You can use full redump files on Cerbios or convert those into .CCI format using a program called Repackinator. Cerbios was made to improve upon every game running without flaw and the redump files are the best way to achieve that goal. The redump files are very large files and will consume space very quickly.
That is where the benefit of .CCI comes in. These are compressed and scrubbed conversions, making them nearly 1/3 the normal size while retaining 100% compatibility. 

My best guess would DVD Decrypter. I know that’s a program that can extract .iso files into separate audio and video folders. 

I hope I can handle that. Def Jam is one of my favourite games ;(

On 2/24/2023 at 7:54 PM, MadMartigan said:
On 2/22/2023 at 6:32 AM, Onaga said:

what is DD?

dd is a Unix data dump / disk dump command

(edit: not really the name of the app.  See below for the actual naming of this app.)

dd - convert and copy a file

convert and copy command (cc); however cc was already taken for the C compiler's program name, so dd was used for this program's name.

How to use the dd command in Linux? - LinuxForDevices

(dd is infamously known as the disk destroyer.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was able to flash the updated bios with the 256kb UDMA 5 and I am using the Chinese IDE to Sata adapter. That went fine. I ran bios checker to verify the bios. While I did not see the bios because it is unknown, I did see the bios chip which is the Hynix Hy29f080. I think this is a 1mb bios chip. I went with the 256kb bios to be on the safe side because I was not sure. Does it matter that I did not use the 1mb version?

43 minutes ago, Maverick923 said:

I was able to flash the updated bios with the 256kb UDMA 5 and I am using the Chinese IDE to Sata adapter. That went fine. I ran bios checker to verify the bios. While I did not see the bios because it is unknown, I did see the bios chip which is the Hynix Hy29f080. I think this is a 1mb bios chip. I went with the 256kb bios to be on the safe side because I was not sure. Does it matter that I did not use the 1mb version?

The issue with using the UDMA5 with a cheap Sata2ide is stability with some hard drives. You are better off using the UDMA4 until you get a Startech brand adaptor

I tested using UDMA5 on a cheap adaptor and some drives work and others have random booting and loading of games problems.

Cheers

SS Dave