OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

8 hours ago, Lisko said:

What I hadn't like of this bios is that when I upgraded my hard drive to a 2tb seagate barracuda and startech ide2sat2 if the hdd is completely blank from factory, cerbios didn't boot from the dvd drive. I had to temporarily use the old drive, flash m8+, boot true hexen, format, reflash cerbios and rewrite the partition table. Now I'm happily using the udma5 version without problems. But a respectable custom bios should be able to install a new drive without pc or another bios. Another little bug it's when soft resetting with igr cerbios seems to reboot two times prior to going back to the dash. A part from these little things it's a great bios, I only miss an option to force 480p.

What is your drive check setting in your ini file? I have put swapped quite a few drives at this point (SATA, IDE, and virtual Xemu) around in Cerbios environments  and have not had issues.

What was your partition table set to before the change?

Also, use US games. Almost all of them are native 480p which negates the need for bios level force 480p. That is why Repackinator is based on the US game set.

Edited by zatchbot

21 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Are you sure your master/slave jumper settings are correct?

Yes they are correct and worked fine with m8+ and after initializing the drive with truhexen it worked fine in cerbios 2.0.3R UDMA5 too.

17 hours ago, zatchbot said:

What is your drive check setting in your ini file? I have put swapped quite a few drives at this point (SATA, IDE, and virtual Xemu) around in Cerbios environments  and have not had issues.

What was your partition table set to before the change?

Also, use US games. Almost all of them are native 480p which negates the need for bios level force 480p. That is why Repackinator is based on the US game set.

My drive check in the ini file is mode 1 legacy nodvd but with a completely blank drive I don't know what's defaulting to. In the old drive (ide maxtor 120GB) I had a classical CEF partition table. I just bought the new drive from amazon, (with startech ide2sat2 and an 80 wire cable) put that in the Xbox and cerbios was unable to boot even from the optical drive. M8+ instead booted the disc without problems.

I know that the us release are the best but they lack other languages and it's why it's a shame that repackinator doesn't support pal releases. Most pal games on an ntsc Xbox output in 480p but some needs patches.

Edited by Lisko

4 hours ago, Lisko said:

My drive check in the ini file is mode 1 legacy nodvd but with a completely blank drive I don't know what's defaulting to. 

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? You were still using your old bios, placed a new (unformated) HDD in your xbox, and then tried to boot to a flash disk?

4 hours ago, Lisko said:

In the old drive (ide maxtor 120GB) I had a classical CEF partition table. I just bought the new drive from amazon, (with startech ide2sat2 and an 80 wire cable) put that in the Xbox and cerbios was unable to boot even from the optical drive. M8+ instead booted the disc without problems.

When you say m8 booted the disk, was m8 your existing bios before Cerbios?

What error did you receive when the boot failed?

Did you ever get the Cerbios dogs logo to show at boot?

4 hours ago, Lisko said:

I know that the us release are the best but they lack other languages and it's why it's a shame that repackinator doesn't support pal releases. Most pal games on an ntsc Xbox output in 480p but some needs patches.

While not automated, you should be able to find solutions to most of your patching needs. Details are helpful if you run into issues patching anything in particular. Then we may be able to assist with specific fixes.

Edited by zatchbot

No you're not understanding. I had a 120GB ide hdd and cerbios udma4 as bios. I swapped the drive with a 2TB seagate barracuda, startech adapter and 80 wire ide cable. After that i put the ogxbox installer 2021 1.5.4 in the dvd drive and it just hanged at the cerbios dogs logo and shortly after E07. I putted in the previous hdd and the xbox and the disc booted fine then I just flashed the m8+ bios, prepared the drive with truhexen 2021 (ogxbox installer gone in a loading loop with the blank hdd but at least m8+ tried to boot it) and then flashed cerbios udma5 that is still working properly.

6 hours ago, Lisko said:

No you're not understanding. I had a 120GB ide hdd and cerbios udma4 as bios. 

There has never been a UDMA 4 version of Cerbios released. In release 2.0.2 you could choose from Debug UDMA 5, Debug, Retail UDMA 5, and Retail. The non-UDMA patched binaries of Cerbios default to the system default UDMA 2. Do you know what revision of Cerbios you started on?

6 hours ago, Lisko said:

I swapped the drive with a 2TB seagate barracuda, startech adapter and 80 wire ide cable. After that i put the ogxbox installer 2021 1.5.4 in the dvd drive and it just hanged at the cerbios dogs logo and shortly after E07.

Interesting that you received an error 07. That is a "Harddrive never left busy state" error that is normally caused bad a bad connection to the drive (or low quality IDE to SATA, but StarTech is good). Did you happen to try any investigation of the connection before changing to your old HDD?

6 hours ago, Lisko said:

I putted in the previous hdd and the xbox and the disc booted fine then I just flashed the m8+ bios, prepared the drive with truhexen 2021 (ogxbox installer gone in a loading loop with the blank hdd but at least m8+ tried to boot it) and then flashed cerbios udma5 that is still working properly.

What version of Cerbios are you on now, 2.0.2 Retail UDMA 5 or 2.0.3R UDMA 5?

Edited by zatchbot

6 hours ago, zatchbot said:

There has never been a UDMA 4 version of Cerbios released. In release 2.0.2 you could choose from Debug UDMA 5, Debug, Retail UDMA 5, and Retail. The non-UDMA patched binaries of Cerbios default to the system default UDMA 2. Do you know what revision of Cerbios you started on?

Interesting that you received an error 07. That is a "Harddrive never left busy state" error that is normally caused bad a bad connection to the drive (or low quality IDE to SATA, but StarTech is good). Did you happen to try any investigation of the connection before changing to your old HDD?

What version of Cerbios are you on now, 2.0.2 Retail UDMA 5 or 2.0.3R UDMA 5?

Sorry for udma4 I intended retail 2.0.3R. No further investigation: just removed the ide connector from the new drive, attached to the old one, flashed m8+, reattached the new drive, formatted with truhexen 2021, flashed cerbios udma5 and just for safety I reapplied the partition table under cerbios 2.0.3R. Working and Rocking! I also hope for a new xbpartitioner capable of preparing a disk with a >1TB F partition directly from the box.

2 hours ago, Lisko said:

Working and Rocking! I also hope for a new xbpartitioner capable of preparing a disk with a >1TB F partition directly from the box.

Have a look at the FATXplorer as that can format the drives on your PC that are suitable for the cerbios.

https://api.eaton-works.com/appreleasehistory/fatxplorer?mode=web&channel=beta

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Have a look at the FATXplorer as that can format the drives on your PC that are suitable for the cerbios.

https://api.eaton-works.com/appreleasehistory/fatxplorer?mode=web&channel=beta

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks I already knew that but because I hadn't access to a sata to usb converter or a desktop PC I had to do it entirely from the box. Two 1TB partitions aren't that bad but I would still prefer a single big one.

4 hours ago, zatchbot said:

Nice!!! I haven't played with it yet because my Cerbios build is on a TSOP flash. I just bought an x3 for that  box. Once it gets here I'm going to play with overclocking for sure!

It's easy. Just run that same bios through xboverclock, reflash your tsop with it, and you're good. :)

oh, you got an x3... Then use that. LoL. Where'd you pick up the x3 at?

And update. 

Cerbios Xbox Bios V2.1.0 BETA Released (1.0 - 1.6)

Download : https://1fichier.com/?nic9bxkxf1d9qdydaocv

NFO: 

(          (        )   (     
            (         )\ )   (   )\ )  ( /(   )\ )  
            )\   (   (()/( ( )\ (()/(  )\()) (()/(  
          (((_)  )\   /(_)))((_) /(_))((_)\   /(_)) 
          )\___ ((_) (_)) ((_)_ (_))    ((_) (_))   
         ((/ __|| __|| _ \ | _ )|_ _|  / _ \ / __|  
          | (__ | _| |   / | _ \ | |  | (_) |\__ \  
           \___||___||_|_\ |___/|___|  \___/ |___/

*           .:Release V2.1.0 Beta Hybrid  (Xbox V1.0 - 1.6) Only:.           *

*   Version :.........V2.1.0 Beta       * Size :................... .256 KB  *
*   Date :....................20/11/22 * Type :...............Xbox Bios      *
*   Group :........Team CerBios        * Platform :.........Microsoft Xbox   *
*                          https://discord.gg/VcdSfajQGK                     *

*....:Changes/Additions:.....................................................*
*           --A new custom Bios for the Original Xbox.--                     *
*    Release: V2.1.0 Beta                                                    *
*    Added Support for Xbox Console Revision V1.6                            *
*    Fixed Issues With Insignia Account Creation (MACS)                      *
*       Will No Longer Report As Live Blocking Bios.                         *
*    System Stability Improvements                                           *
*    People Doubted That It Would Be Possible However We Are Proud To        *
*    Introduce Cerbios Hybrid V2.1.0, Compatible With All Xbox Revisions     *
*    V1.0 - V1.6 Including all 128MB Ram Upgraded Systems                    *
*    For the Best Compatibility With Larger HDDS, We Recommend You Format    *
*    Your HDD Using FATXPLORER 3.X Beta & The Cerbios Option. We Have Seen   *
*    Issues When Drives Are Formatted for Titan Use.                         *
*    A Big Shout-Out To All The Talented People Whom Contributed To This     *
*    Release, Endless Hours Were Spent Writing Custom Tools, Disassembly &   *
*    Analysing Hundreds of Lines of ASM, To Recreate The Code We Use Today   *
*    You Know Who You Are. To All Our Beta Testers, Thank You For All The    *
*    Testing And Support, Much Love & Respect <3.                            *
*    We Are Already Hard At Work Towards Our Next Major Release.             *
*    #PLEASE REPORT YOUR TEST RESULTS OR ANY BUGS REPORTS IN OUR ROOM ON     *
*    DISCORD THANKS                                                          *

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, zatchbot said:

There was a guy on Twitter selling a few. He had one with a bank switch loose so I grabbed it. 

I think he still has a x3 pro switch box for $300.

A pro switch for 300. Good God,man. Does he have any more x3s?

Also, cerbios 2.1. NICE. Fixed a lot of stuff and 1.6 support. Now I can use it in my 1.6 halo edition. I'm waiting for that dual hdd support!

15 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

A pro switch for 300. Good God,man. Does he have any more x3s?

Lol it is a complete modded system with pro switch for $300. That seems to be the going rate. $450 seems to be the going rate for x3cp modded systems. Afaik he only had the one pro switch unit left.

18 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Also, cerbios 2.1. NICE. Fixed a lot of stuff and 1.6 support. Now I can use it in my 1.6 halo edition. I'm waiting for that dual hdd support!

I am eagerly awaiting the dual HDD info. I threw together a Startech adapter splitter and test fit everything in my build I have prepped. Last step is buy the dual 4tb SSD once my xmas bonus comes 😁

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 6:23 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

"Update". Same as beore but as a pack with 256kb + 512kb + 1024kb for both, the UDMA2 and UDMA5 bios (So 6 in total). For those of you who want or need it. ;)

what is the reason for different sizes? is it just dependent on what a modchip expects or any reason to install 1024kb over 256kb if the mod chip can take either?