OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

On 7/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, nikeymikey said:

I believe this is all one line.....

*    Added New Safemode, Press Eject To Bypass UDMA Setting Will Not Work    *
*    With Xenium Chip.                                                       *

I think you are right. Thanks for explain.

Hi guys, I have been out of the xbox-scene for many years now... ever since the 29 wire mods back in the day. I recently softmodded an xbox with a 2TB drive and works great for the most part. I just bought a MakeMHZ Hdmi kit that uses OpenXenium modchip... does Cerbios support this or is it not yet implemented?

17 hours ago, drewjbx1 said:

Hi guys, I have been out of the xbox-scene for many years now... ever since the 29 wire mods back in the day. I recently softmodded an xbox with a 2TB drive and works great for the most part. I just bought a MakeMHZ Hdmi kit that uses OpenXenium modchip... does Cerbios support this or is it not yet implemented?

No and most likely never will.  The only BIOS that MakeMHZ supports for their latest XboxHD+ HDMI adapter is EvolutionX's M8plus.  And, for the older XboxHDMI adapter, both Evox M8plus and ind-bios 5003 are supported.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So on OGXBox.com? :D;)

I want a BFM version of is so badly. Anyone could ask the coder if that will be possible and if they plan to release one?

Is it just me or is the rar file broken?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 3:32 AM, Poll300 said:

Hello, I wanted to ask which bios is currently the best for xbox with 128mb ram, 2tb disk and udma5, I have an adapter from startech.
i have 2 xbox 1.1 and 1.4

Well not sure if its the best or not but I can say for sure that my 1.0 Xbox 1GHz/128MB RAM and StarTech Adapter to a 2TB SSD runs great on TSOP using Retail UDMA5 (Cerbios V2.0.2R)
So if your just looking to make sure it works before doing it to a TSOP, that's a yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lain32 said:

Well not sure if its the best or not but I can say for sure that my 1.0 Xbox 1GHz/128MB RAM and StarTech Adapter to a 2TB SSD runs great on TSOP using Retail UDMA5 (Cerbios V2.0.2R)
So if your just looking to make sure it works before doing it to a TSOP, that's a yes.

Thanks for the information, I am currently using iND-BiOS.5003.67, but I will check Cerbios V2.0.2R, one console is devoted to tests. And I can ask you write that you have 1ghz / 128MB ram, do you have tsop or chip? and how did you upload the bios for the grade !! because on the console with tsop I can not upload the OC bios from the information that I have to have a chip to upload such a bios oc, and with tsop how to upload bios?

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, zechs said:
hello everyone, any news about a new version superior to Cerbios V2.0.2R?

No newer release yet.

on June 28,2022, CerBIOS on the XBOX-SCENE Discord Server's #cerbios-general channel said:

we have been working on some issues, and wanted to give a small highlight of 
what is coming in the next release 

*    The Dogs Are Back From Their Vacation (Now Show On Boot)
*    Fixed Random Screen Corruption On Cerbios Boot Logo
*    Fixed Error 12 When DriveSetup = 0 In Config and using UDMA5
*    Fixed Issue With Red Ninja End Of Honor Not Booting
*    Added New Safemode, Press Eject To Bypass UDMA Setting Will Not Work
     with Xenium Chip

On July 28, 2022, CerBIOS posted the link to a WiP video for a v1.6 release:

Cerbios 1.6 XCAL WIP POC - Emalm

However, they mention much work is left to do.

Their last post on August 7, 2022 reads, "no additional update yet, still in progress"

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 11:49 AM, Mu. said:

Guess I'll just have to build up one of the Jafar PCBs I bought if it ends up being >256kb lol

Hello the Jafar modchip is this the one in question? And if so, do you have any documentation on its limits & instructions? on my 128MB 1.3 XBox

could I use the Cerbios  on my 128MB 1.3 XBox

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325338401125?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WfZ8pVTXQgq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=pkpdgvjyta-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

3 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Hello the Jafar modchip is this the one in question? And if so, do you have any documentation on its limits & instructions? on my 128MB 1.3 XBox

could I use the Cerbios  on my 128MB 1.3 XBox

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325338401125?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WfZ8pVTXQgq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=pkpdgvjyta-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Yes.  The Jafar modchip usually is configured to have 2 user programmable BIOS banks.  One 256KBs in size and one 512KBs.   It also has one OS bank that holds the XBlastOS.

CerBIOS is 256KBs in size just like most modified Xbox BIOSes.  It supports 128MBs of RAM on the Xbox motherboard.

Edit: Reworded content. 

I see that the CPLD chip on the Jafar can be programmed to support several different configurations.  Which configuration it uses depends how the maker / seller of this modchip programmed it.

The configurations available are described at the Jafar github repository - https://github.com/ChimericSystems/Jafar/tree/main/firmware.  Check with the seller which configuration they have programmed the modchips  they are selling.

1MB_LPCmod_OSSupport is the configuration I suspect they used. 

12 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes.  The Jafar modchip usually is configured to have 2 user programmable BIOS banks.  One 256KBs in size and one 512KBs.   It also has one OS bank that holds the XBlastOS.

CerBIOS is 256KBs in size just like most modified Xbox BIOSes.  It supports 128MBs of RAM on the Xbox motherboard.

Edit: Reworded content. 

I see that the CPLD chip on the Jafar can be programmed to support several different configurations.  Which configuration it uses depends how the maker / seller of this modchip programmed it.

The configurations available are described at the Jafar github repository - https://github.com/ChimericSystems/Jafar/tree/main/firmware.  Check with the seller which configuration they have programmed the modchips  they are selling.

1MB_LPCmod_OSSupport is the configuration I suspect they used. 

i have flashed the Cerbios Retail V2.02.bin to the 256kb bank. when i boot from that bank i get a 3 second blue screen and then it goes into my dash.

i can confirm a big boost in Atari-Jaguar games so im guessing the bios is working and using all the 128mb.

in the "Readme.nfo" it states put the cerbios.ini in Root of C:/ and also in "cerbios.ini" it states 

Boot Animation path (always falls back to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\BootAnims\Xbox\BootAnim.xbe)
BootAnimPath = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\BootAnims\Xbox\BootAnim.xbe

so thats 

Partition 1 =E

/E/BootAnims/Xbox/BootAnim.xbe

in the Cerbios V2.0.2R.zip there is a "BootAnims" folder with different .XBE boot animations

what am i doing wrong? pls help!BootAnims

also i changed 

Boot Animation path (always falls back to Partition1

as Partition2 was full

11 minutes ago, Lexieye said:

i have flashed the Cerbios Retail V2.02.bin to the 256kb bank. when i boot from that bank i get a 3 second blue screen and then it goes into my dash.

i can confirm a big boost in Atari-Jaguar games so im guessing the bios is working and using all the 128mb.

in the "Readme.nfo" it states put the cerbios.ini in Root of C:/ and also in "cerbios.ini" it states 

Boot Animation path (always falls back to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\BootAnims\Xbox\BootAnim.xbe)
BootAnimPath = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\BootAnims\Xbox\BootAnim.xbe

so thats 

Partition 1 =E

/E/BootAnims/Xbox/BootAnim.xbe

in the Cerbios V2.0.2R.zip there is a "BootAnims" folder with different .XBE boot animations

what am i doing wrong? pls help!BootAnims

also i changed 

Boot Animation path (always falls back to Partition1

as Partition2 was full

SORRY

you have to use Cerbios Debug V2.02 UDMA 5.bin to changeg boot animation

🥰

• 2 weeks later...