OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Well said, Broseph. I believe Iˋve expressed similar views regarding the selling point of this bios. Currently, itˋs just the HDD features, like youˋve mentioned. Hell, Not only do I agree with you about UDMA5 and HD+ additions, but Iˋd like to see an X3 Config Live-like config live menu. But, Maybe that isnˋt realistic.

I think an X3 style menu is a bit of a long shot, space is very limited i expect. They could release a config app xbe that could be set to launch via Dashloader if a certain button was held. 

On the UDMA5 side, it seems from what people who have been testing it have said on Discord that it might not be all that great a feature either. They seem to be getting little to no difference in speed mostly. A few peeps have said they have noticed a bigger change in loading times etc but I suppose we will find out as more people test it.  

The HDMI+ compatibility seems like its unlikely too as the guy who makes it has stated he wont support any other bios than M8. Which is a bit short sighted of him if you ask me. 

5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

I think an X3 style menu is a bit of a long shot, space is very limited i expect. They could release a config app xbe that could be set to launch via Dashloader if a certain button was held. 

On the UDMA5 side, it seems from what people who have been testing it have said on Discord that it might not be all that great a feature either. They seem to be getting little to no difference in speed mostly. A few peeps have said they have noticed a bigger change in loading times etc but I suppose we will find out as more people test it.  

The HDMI+ compatibility seems like its unlikely too as the guy who makes it has stated he wont support any other bios than M8. Which is a bit short sighted of him if you ask me. 

On Titan UDMA5 you can notice a difference.  First time loading in is slow like normal.  Once all cached up you can get into emustation or xbmc4gamer significantly faster.  Gonna check if Cerbios i the same.

5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

1 hour ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

There's been another update to fix the xmv player xbe. v2.02 repack in the usual places

So on OGXBox.com? :D;)

I want a BFM version of is so badly. Anyone could ask the coder if that will be possible and if they plan to release one?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I want a BFM version of is so badly. Anyone could ask the coder if that will be possible and if they plan to release one?

You should ask on cerbios requests on xbox-scene's discord

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 10:01 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

is this the most recent version of cerbios? I plan on modding my xbox very soon

3 hours ago, zechs said:

folder and dvd disc,

the game starts but it stays on the first screen and from there it doesn't start

Tested from folder, Game gets to initial loading screen with Vivendi text across the bottom then freezes. Same files play perfectly on X3 bios. 

12 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Tested from folder, Game gets to initial loading screen with Vivendi text across the bottom then freezes. Same files play perfectly on X3 bios. 

ok, so the problem is with the cerbios bios with this game.
 I have the aladdin xt chip from aliexpress.
 I will wait for a new version of the cerbios bios to see if this is fixed, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, ShinGoutetsu said:

You should ask on cerbios requests on xbox-scene's discord

Hello. I am testing it too with a lot of games. How can i post it in xbox-scene´s discord? Is there any invite? Thanks in advance. Testing in 1.0 with 128mb classic xbox with cerbios.

CerBios yesterday posted this on discord:

we have been working on some issues, and wanted to give a small highlight of what is coming in the next release 
*    The Dogs Are Back From Their Vacation (Now Show On Boot)                *
*    Fixed Random Screen Corruption On Cerbios Boot Logo                     *
*    Fixed Error 12 When DriveSetup = 0 In Config and using UDMA5            *
*    Fixed Issue With Red Ninja End Of Honor Not Booting                     *
*    Added New Safemode, Press Eject To Bypass UDMA Setting Will Not Work    *
*    With Xenium Chip.                                                       *

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vitor said:

"*    Fixed Issue With Red Ninja End Of Honor Not Booting  "

Glad to know that and other fixes too.

*    With Xenium Chip. "

I did not understand what fix was that. It was not working with Xenium?

I believe this is all one line.....

*    Added New Safemode, Press Eject To Bypass UDMA Setting Will Not Work    *
*    With Xenium Chip.                                                       *

• Like 2