OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

On 5/8/2022 at 3:26 AM, Donnie-Burger said:

Does anyone know if Cerbios will be getting UDMA5?  Seems like that would make it the best bios for sure.  I can test if anyone needs.

It's a 1-line patch in the kernel. Very simple. There's been some issues with it reported in the Titan repo though, so maybe the Cerbios team is hesitant to add it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Eaton said:

It's a 1-line patch in the kernel. Very simple. There's been some issues with it reported in the Titan repo though, so maybe the Cerbios team is hesitant to add it.

Been testsing Titan UDMA 5 with all revisions tsop and no issues thus far (1.0-1.5).  1.6 modchip Titan UDMA 5 working smooth as well.  I asked in Cerbios discord and they said they were testing it.

Side note:  ETA on XBOX2HDMI stock?

Edited by Donnie-Burger

How hard would it be to implement a some kind of TSOP Recovery feature in Cerbios?

Years ago Xblast developer wrote 

"Technically, it is possible to create a special BIOS that would enable TSOP recovery for M8+ and others but such BIOS has not been created yet."

Edited by bahamutzero

On 5/18/2022 at 1:50 AM, Donnie-Burger said:

I was referring to this one:

https://electron-shepherd.com/xbox2hdmi/

These are crap! Not worth bothering with and i doubt very much that the Cerbios team will ever add any kind of support for it.  

Fingers crossed that Cerbios will be the bios to beat them all, all the latest and greatest features in one place. I hope they will add the MakeMhz patches and all the goodies from the Titan patches too!

EDIT: Little sidenote for those of you that didnt already know it. Xboxs have been able to play iso files for ages already, those handful of games that wont play when extracted have played fine as an iso. Cerbios just makes it easier as you dont need to use an attach.xbe anymore. 

I will probably convert my full xbox set back to iso once i have a box setup with Cerbios and a huuuuuuuge HDD. Iso files are better for the cluster sizes. Extracted games on a 512k cluster (which i believe is needed for 8tb support) will be a huge waste of space as all those 100's of tiny few kb files will all take 512k each!!!

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

These are crap! Not worth bothering with and i doubt very much that the Cerbios team will ever add any kind of support for it.  

Fingers crossed that Cerbios will be the bios to beat them all, all the latest and greatest features in one place. I hope they will add the MakeMhz patches and all the goodies from the Titan patches too!

EDIT: Little sidenote for those of you that didnt already know it. Xboxs have been able to play iso files for ages already, those handful of games that wont play when extracted have played fine as an iso. Cerbios just makes it easier as you dont need to use an attach.xbe anymore. 

I will probably convert my full xbox set back to iso once i have a box setup with Cerbios and a huuuuuuuge HDD. Iso files are better for the cluster sizes. Extracted games on a 512k cluster (which i believe is needed for 8tb support) will be a huge waste of space as all those 100's of tiny few kb files will all take 512k each!!!

I have XBOX2HDMi and they are very nice and work with any bios I have tried, cerbios, titan and M8, IND, TX.  Only issue on 1.0 Xboxes and there is a fix.  I need more thats why I ask.  They are the next best thing to the Make MHZ hdmi hd+. 

I'm converting all my collection to ISO and I am 25% done.

2 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

I have XBOX2HDMi and they are very nice and work with any bios I have tried, cerbios, titan and M8, IND, TX.  Only issue on 1.0 Xboxes and there is a fix.  I need more thats why I ask.  They are the next best thing to the Make MHZ hdmi hd+. 

I'm converting all my collection to ISO and I am 25% done.

XBOX2HDMI doesnt care about the bios or anything else inside the Xbox. It only cares that it gets a signal of some sort that it can put through to hdmi.

When I said they are crap, if your happy with the picture quality then that's great but there are many more (Better) options to get your Xbox connected to a modern tv. 

https://electron-shepherd.com/xbox2hdmi/

Not sure what you were talking about then.  They look clean on 1.4s and up and for $30 and can use on multiple systems, cant beat that.  I ordered a cheap ebay to compare and have 2 x make Mhz on order of each flavor.

Been loving Cerbios lately and if someone can ad UDMA5 its over.

Edited by Donnie-Burger
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Have you looked into Titan bios for this? 

Yeah but no 128MB support.  Gotta pick one or the other and UDMA5 is real nice honestly.

Waiting for Cerbios to get UDMA5 or

Titan to get 128MB support

Really liking xiso and I dont think they run on Titan.  Tested 1 game and rebooted back into XBMC4GAMERS.

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

From what I've seen, it looked like you still have the attach.xbe (default.xbe) file in the folder with the XISO (dot iso) file to play them.

XBMX4GAMERS has a script that sets up xisos for you, put folder in games folder when its done.  Just like a regular game an they show up in list with art etc.

2 hours ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

For those interested in udma5 support

Screenshot_20220524-174045_Discord.jpg

Oh Shit!

Edited by Donnie-Burger

23 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

From what I've seen, it looked like you still have the attach.xbe (default.xbe) file in the folder with the XISO (dot iso) file to play them.

If that's the case then its not really a huge selling point for the bios. The attach.xbe method has been around for ages, nothing new.

I guess the real "Big" selling point for Cerbios  is the LBA48 improvements for the 3tb+ support. Also maybe the "Dual HDD" mode I suppose.

If they can add UDMA5 to those and also Xbox HDMI+ patches then I can see this becoming the default bios for a lot of peeps including myself. 

I certainly wont be replacing my X3's bios with Cerbios then and I'll be doing a fresh build sometime in the future on a fresh Xbox once Cerbios leaves Beta status.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, nikeymikey said:

If that's the case then its not really a huge selling point for the bios. The attach.xbe method has been around for ages, nothing new.

I guess the real "Big" selling point for Cerbios  is the LBA48 improvements for the 3tb+ support. Also maybe the "Dual HDD" mode I suppose.

If they can add UDMA5 to those and also Xbox HDMI+ patches then I can see this becoming the default bios for a lot of peeps including myself. 

I certainly wont be replacing my X3's bios with Cerbios then and I'll be doing a fresh build sometime in the future on a fresh Xbox once Cerbios leaves Beta status.

Well said, Broseph. I believe Iˋve expressed similar views regarding the selling point of this bios. Currently, itˋs just the HDD features, like youˋve mentioned. Hell, Not only do I agree with you about UDMA5 and HD+ additions, but Iˋd like to see an X3 Config Live-like config live menu. But, Maybe that isnˋt realistic.

• Like 1