OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

On 2/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Than you should now that the xbox bios also hasn't anything to do with the n64 emulator. The n64 emaulator and the PSX emulators make use of the original PSX/n64 bios. Simple has that. The n64 has some special chips and the n64 dosn't only struggle on the XBox. MvG has made a great video on that topic.

And since we just talked about about PSX and not PS2 my point still stands. The cheapes solution is a PSX for 10 euros (Found one for 5 euros as well). But if you like, I can get a PS3 for 25 which can run PS1, PS2 and PS3 and that beats your PS2. #PreSchoolStyle.

Stadalone emulators perform better than CoinOps.

Rayman and WipEout.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:55 AM, KaosEngineer said:

You can flash it to one of the free BIOS banks that the X3 modchip has then set the bank select switches to boot it by default or keep booting the X3 BIOS to start X3CL then run the cerbios from X3CL's BIOS menu.

On 3/14/2022 at 5:09 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Although, if you're using this bios for the only thing that sets it apart from all the others (especially an X3 bios), which is 8TB HDD support, you're gonna have issues swapping between this bios and the X3 bios, so you'd have to commit to Cerbios if you want to use a HDD that fuckin' big.

Unless there are other advantages to this bios that I'm not aware of.

For bigger hdd and insignia support i will gladly drop the x3 bios for this.... I just hope the manage to include support for the x3 lcd screen so it wont be wasted.

Its a shame no one ever managed to decrypt the x3 bios and add these things to it.

7 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

For bigger hdd and insignia support i will gladly drop the x3 bios for this.... I just hope the manage to include support for the x3 lcd screen so it wont be wasted.

Its a shame no one ever managed to decrypt the x3 bios and add these things to it.

I agree with the entirety of this post... but why wouldn't the X3 support insignia? Won't insignia use the same IPs/Addresses that XBL 1.0 did for turnkey compatibility?

I really do wish the X3bios were reverse engineered/hacked. SO much potential...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 12:01 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

I agree with the entirety of this post... but why wouldn't the X3 support insignia? Won't insignia use the same IPs/Addresses that XBL 1.0 did for turnkey compatibility?

I really do wish the X3bios were reverse engineered/hacked. SO much potential...

By default, the X3 BIOS prevents logging into XBL.  From the X3Config Live menu, it can be disabled.  

From x3.bustedchaing.com's archived web page - X3 Config Live Screen - Xecuter X3 Modchip: BIOS User's Manual (archive.org):

Customize X3 BIOS: This option brings up a new screen the following options:

customizex3bios.gif.04823e22666eeed25628826dbba281f0.gif

XBL Login Disable: (XBOX Live Login Disable) Enable this option to let your X3 BIOS keep you from accidentally trying to log into XBOX Live games. If you login to XBOX Live with your modchip enabled, it is quite likely and possible that you will be banned. Check out XLink Kai for online gaming using tunneling software to join LAN games across the internet.

Other Modified BIOSes

Most also blocked the transmission of all data packets sent to communicate with the Xbox Live Service. 

To work with Insignia, all such login or data packet blocks will need to be removed.

From the old xbox-scene.com All Retail Bios Information feature table (the link is to the copy available on this website):

disable Xlive: It's long been a worrying issue for Xbox gamers who use Live! and also have a hacked Xbox with modified bios, that it's sometimes possible to accidentally connect to XBL while the mod is enabled - which in turn bans their account from the Xbox Live Service. This is a method that will patch the game on the fly forcing an error at the login screen which fakes that the network cable is disconnected.

• Thanks 1

Wow. This project is accumulating some impressive momentum. This is really awesome. I never thought Iˋd see another bios again. I wonder if a config menu like X3CL could be implemented in some way, even if the settings\values have to be stored on the HDD instead of flash. I would donate hundreds of dollars for that, at LEAST.

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Wow. This project is accumulating some impressive momentum. This is really awesome. I never thought Iˋd see another bios again. I wonder if a config menu like X3CL could be implemented in some way, even if the settings\values have to be stored on the HDD instead of flash. I would donate hundreds of dollars for that, at LEAST.

https://discord.gg/4VR8K8mN

Xbox Scene has a room dedicated to them. You can post requests for them to see in the cerbios-requests channel.  

They seem to be pretty active, and it's nice to have a little insight on their plan of action.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dust08 said:

Holy dang! Dual HDD support!? So I can dedicate a drive to linux now, or do easy backing up with chimp. Trying to think what else you could do besides obviously more storage but wow! Never thought that i would see that happen! Impressive!

I don't think Linux will support two hard drives. But maybe so; however, IIRC, Linux limits the hard drive size to 137GBs making the maximum size of F drive ~123GBs.

I have not yet installed the Cerbios Beta v2.00 release to verify.

Separating the boot animation into a separate .xbe file was a great idea, both for providing extra space for cerbios code and also for customisation. Hopefully we'll begin to see more custom anims in the future.

Also thankfully, not including a bootanim at all skips it entirely. I was hoping that would be the case, and it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Seems this new bios is virtually perfect. I would only askk for one more thing and thats X3 LCD support!!!

I always thought the LCD was underused by the X3 bios, there's an opportunity here to make lcd screens worthwhile for anything other than XBMC.

Don't forget UDMA 5 - Only thing missing.  Once you try Titan UDMA 5 its hard to go back to UDMA 2.

I use Titan UDMA 5 for all my 64MB ram builds and Cerbios for 128MB ram builds.  Maybe one day we can get - Big drives + 128MB + UDMA 5 all in one.