OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

5 hours ago, shakemadman said:

Do this custom bios support insignia project or plans to support insignia Online

Supporting Insignia simply involves not blocking Xbox Live access. It was necessary for custom BIOS users back before it was shut down but not anymore, so I'm certain it'll work. And besides, supporting Insignia requires absolutely zero work on Cerbios' part.

24 minutes ago, Mu. said:

Supporting Insignia simply involves not blocking Xbox Live access. It was necessary for custom BIOS users back before it was shut down but not anymore, so I'm certain it'll work. And besides, supporting Insignia requires absolutely zero work on Cerbios' part.

And able to lock the hard drive with the eprom

20 minutes ago, Mu. said:

Locking/unlocking the drive has absolutely nothing to do with the BIOS you're using, but Cerbios (like any other respectable custom BIOS) will ignore whether the HDD is locked or not.

Ok.... Just checking.... All I know to use insignia project Online. Is 2x things. One. HDD locked with a valid key. No Zeroed keys. Two. Access to the factory dash to set up Xbox live 1.0.... this is as far as I know what is needed to play on insignia project

2 hours ago, shakemadman said:

All I know to use insignia project Online. Is 2x things. One. HDD locked with a valid key. No Zeroed keys.

As far as I am aware insignia will be fine with a unlocked HDD and the only limitation is the HDD is not all zeros that's why the new nulling software now makes the HDD key all one's.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

45 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

As far as I am aware insignia will be fine with a unlocked HDD and the only limitation is the HDD is not all zeros that's why the new nulling software now makes the HDD key all one's.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Ok.... Sweets.... Someone Auto fixed the HDD key issues. Anything else I need to know about insignia project, enter working I should know about.... Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Anyone know if this will support x3 chips? 

Just found out about this bios and it looks good :)

You can flash it to one of the free BIOS banks that the X3 modchip has then set the bank select switches to boot it by default or keep booting the X3 BIOS to start X3CL then run the cerbios from X3CL's BIOS menu.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You can flash it to one of the free BIOS banks that the X3 modchip has then set the bank select switches to boot it by default or keep booting the X3 BIOS to start X3CL then run the cerbios from X3CL's BIOS menu.

Although, if you're using this bios for the only thing that sets it apart from all the others (especially an X3 bios), which is 8TB HDD support, you're gonna have issues swapping between this bios and the X3 bios, so you'd have to commit to Cerbios if you want to use a HDD that fuckin' big.

Unless there are other advantages to this bios that I'm not aware of.

Edited by Bowlsnapper

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

How popular or in-demand is iso use, as opposed to game directories, though? I know iso support makes it easier to download a game and copy it over and, thus, cutting out mulleter/qwix, but is that the only real benefit?

Well the main advantage for some ppl is as stated before and that is “FLAWLESS”gameplay, including the handful of previous games that had file sizes too large to play from the HDD. So there’s a handful of benefits for you right there lol. 

It also has the feature to customize your boot animation. 

It’s a new and steadily updated project aimed at cutting through all the red tape that was obstructing so many things before now. (Behind the curtains)

And of course it may possibly support up to 16TB soon as we all know by now. 

I’m Im sure there’s more that someone else can provide. 

23 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Well the main advantage for some ppl is as stated before and that is “FLAWLESS”gameplay, including the handful of previous games that had file sizes too large to play from the HDD. So there’s a handful of benefits for you right there lol. 

It also has the feature to customize your boot animation. 

It’s a new and steadily updated project aimed at cutting through all the red tape that was obstructing so many things before now. (Behind the curtains)

And of course it may possibly support up to 16TB soon as we all know by now. 

I’m Im sure there’s more that someone else can provide. 

"Flawless" as in, it avoids the potential issues a game might have operating out of some directory on the HDD, which it wasn't designed/intended/coded to do, and instead runs from a virtual optical drive for compatibility reasons?

If the game didn’t play off HDD drive before, now they do without issue. By definition, flawless is without flaw. 

I’m just the messenger man. You asked and I delivered an answer. I am in no way arguing semantics. 

Edit: There is a strong argument that this is even better than what it was designed/intended/coded to do. No more scratches, dirty disc errors, misalignments, degradation,  and even shorter load times in some cases. 

Edited by MadMartigan

8 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

If the game didn’t play off HDD drive before, now they do without issue. By definition, flawless is without flaw. 

I’m just the messenger man. You asked and I delivered an answer. I am in no way arguing semantics. 

Edit: There is a strong argument that this is even better than what it was designed/intended/coded to do. No more scratches, dirty disc errors, misalignments, degradation,  and even shorter load times in some cases. 

LMAO, buddy. :) Just trying to understand why the feature is desirable/useful. That's all. I'm sure it must be for a reason or they wouldn't have implemented it. I don't want to be an ignorant tool so i'm trying to determine the reason instead of running with the assumption that it's pointless. You explained it well enough, marty. :)