OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

3 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Definitely not in my plans at all. Just saying those sorts of things add up quickly. Just the Xbox collection alone is approaching 3TB or more depending on the type. I personally have no need for more than 2TB and that's pure luxury. 

I would be impressed if somebody could fill that thing up... maybe I'll do just that and tell you guys how I did it. Lol.

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I guess i would put a LOT of hi-res music on it, a bunch of psx games... Anything else I can come up with. Although, my main machine has an x3, so i would probably want to use this for a secondary machine.

I don't understaod the appeal of the .iso mounting. I like having full access to my filesystem, especially for modified .xbes. The .isos are fucking huge compared to the actual files, assumedly because of a lot of dummy data. Also, isn't there the extra step of mounting the .iso? Can somebody explain the advantages of this?

does it play psx well? Or do you need to 128mb and cpu mod to get decent performance? I have also a modded PS3 which I could use for the same purpose, but disk space is full and it has a hard limit of 1TB. 

Only added benefit of iso is not having to deal with the dvdmueller thing. I don’t enough disk space to process everything in one go, so had download to my nas, copy files to my pc to extract the iso and ftp everything over to the xbox. I have to redo this another time again because some games are corrupted, probably caused by the ftp-ing. And yeah I realized too late I could just take out the disk and copy directly via usb-sata connector.

Told ya AUS is damn expansiv. Found 4 on the first 4 pages on ebay 2 of which with 2 memorycards.

100 AUD = 62 Euros. Shipping a 10KG box (120x60x60) is 61 Euros with DHL. So round about 200 AUD. Let's say we could fit 20 (?) PSX in the package that would scream ~ 1800 AUD ( - ebay & co).  I guess I should become exporter for console stuff. :D;) 

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

A PSX for 10 bucks can play PSX games well (Who has seen this coming?). You also would not need to update the PSX CPU or the PSX RAM for that. #JustSaying.

The main factor for playing PSX games on the XBox is the emulator, not the XBox bios.

I’m not here to get advice on the cheapest way to run psx games 😁. I was merely interested whether the XBOX could emulate them well and if you’d need to make some modifications. I have no intention to do this anyway, but I know that the xbox struggles with N64 emulation. And since this is the same gen as PSX I was wondering if it would be the same for PSX games as well.

Cheapest solution is to buy a PS2 phat anyway, they are roughly the same price and it can play both PSX and PS2 games without emulation 😉

5 minutes ago, coldasijs said:

I’m not here to get advice ...

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Than you should now that the xbox bios also hasn't anything to do with the n64 emulator. The n64 emaulator and the PSX emulators make use of the original PSX/n64 bios. Simple has that. The n64 has some special chips and the n64 dosn't only struggle on the XBox. MvG has made a great video on that topic.

And since we just talked about about PSX and not PS2 my point still stands. The cheapes solution is a PSX for 10 euros (Found one for 5 euros as well). But if you like, I can get a PS3 for 25 which can run PS1, PS2 and PS3 and that beats your PS2. #PreSchoolStyle.

3 hours ago, coldasijs said:

I’m not here to get advice on the cheapest way to run psx games 😁. I was merely interested whether the XBOX could emulate them well and if you’d need to make some modifications. I have no intention to do this anyway, but I know that the xbox struggles with N64 emulation. And since this is the same gen as PSX I was wondering if it would be the same for PSX games as well.

Cheapest solution is to buy a PS2 phat anyway, they are roughly the same price and it can play both PSX and PS2 games without emulation 😉

The xbox can play most 2d psx games at full speed, but a lot of 3d games struggle. There are some emulator tricks to get things to playable levels, though. I think a cpu upgrade helps a lot. I think using a jailbroken ps3 for backwards compatability isn't a bad idea.

Sweet, he IS here for advice... Just not advice on the cheapest way to run PSX games. :) Running PSX games on an xbox is kinda cool. One of those things to do just for the sake of doing it. If I have a friend over, and I load up Tomb Raider on my xbox, and he goes, "how the fuck are you playing Tomb Raider on an xbox?", an interesting conversation will ensue. I get a kick out of that.

Using a modded xbox in 2022 isn't done for practicality, it's done for fun and nostalgia. :)

Edited by Bowlsnapper

31 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

"how the fuck are you playing Tomb Raider on an xbox?"

My answer " I play Tomb Raider 1,2 & 3 using the OpenLara version for XBox". Damn, sometimes a little b1tch right? :D

Edit :

Tomb Raider 1 (OpenLara).rar 227.65 MB https://1fichier.com/?qefvj4znruframna8xuy  
Tomb Raider 2 (OpenLara).rar 170.20 MB https://1fichier.com/?cpfbc3xzfvf75920rch4  
Tomb Raider 3 (OpenLara).rar 304.81 MB https://1fichier.com/?5nsisf0sau7qa4887i41
Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

My answer " I play Tomb Raider 1,2 & 3 using the OpenLara version for XBox". Damn, sometimes a little b1tch right? :D

Edit :

Tomb Raider 1 (OpenLara).rar 227.65 MB https://1fichier.com/?qefvj4znruframna8xuy  
Tomb Raider 2 (OpenLara).rar 170.20 MB https://1fichier.com/?cpfbc3xzfvf75920rch4  
Tomb Raider 3 (OpenLara).rar 304.81 MB https://1fichier.com/?5nsisf0sau7qa4887i41

Well, that's pretty tight. And i'm probably about to download the fuck out of that. But you totally missed the point, damn it. Lol..

Edited by Bowlsnapper

14 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

And a new update. Cerbios Alpha V1.02

https://1fichier.com/?gxrkyrill10ps9jxuflc

Changes/Additions - Release: Alpha V1.02 :

Enabled 3 different IGR Modes
   # Dash = LT+RT+Back+Start
   # Game = LT+RT+Black+Start
   # Full = LT+RT+Black+Back

Bug Fixes Related To ISO Image Dismount

Now I can use it as a main bios, I was waiting for IGR

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RMM said:

Could the 4GB USB limit be removed with the right bios?  That may be a good feature request for a future update.

I think so, but it's like, usb 1.1, so it would be kinda slow. I still would like expanded usb support, since it would be a lot more convenient for certain situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Try out to add this to your Cerbios.ini

; speed of xbox fan, value 10 equals 20%, value 50 equals 100%
fanSpeed = 10

And brute force? Do you wanna hack Putins Grindr acc? :D

You can unpack the bios with " XBtool_1.0.23a ". It will show up as x2 4981 and you can repack the bios as well. You would need to HEX the "xboxkrnl.img" and repack the bios. How ever, you would need to find the place for the fan value first if the config line above didn't work which I grabbed from the x2 config because both looks pretty similar. But the iND has the same line in it so, give it a try. ;)

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

On 2/5/2022 at 5:11 AM, ShinGoutetsu said:

Has anyone seen this? After talking to a well known scene member he says its legit. up to 8tb hdd and .iso supported.

From xbox scene forums:

"This is a new custom bios with all existing and new features implemented by the team.

While we may share some similarities that can be found in bioses such as config loading, custom colors etc, our solution will be different compared to all existing solutions.

In addition new tools will also be released to take advantage of some of the features we have implemented.

With our custom LBA support we now support hdds up to 8TB in storage size.

No more 2.2tb limitations and file corruption.
***8TB size limit may be expanded upon again in the future

More info will be made available in due time

Everyone loves a little ISO in their life. So why not add it natively into our bios.

No more patching Bioses with hacky ASM, Diskutilities, Dashloader or Nkpatcher.

With Cerbios just boot your console select your favorite game and enjoy endless hours of fun.
Existing attach.xbe compatible.

Check out the videos below of two problematic games working flawlessly as ISO and on 128mb hardware using Cerbios.
https://emalm.com/?v=WU9GV
https://emalm.com/?v=RNwC3

But why should I use ISOs over HDD dumps?

Well with our custom LBA support for HDD up to 8TB there is no excuse about not having enough space.
ISOs do not have file length limitation like some HDD rip games do, so no patching or truncating of file names is required.
All DRM checks pass as ISO (Harry Potter).

More info TBA"

Cerbios Alpha V1.zip 239.4 kB · 18 downloads

Thank you!!