OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

Has anyone seen this? After talking to a well known scene member he says its legit. up to 8tb hdd and .iso supported.

From xbox scene forums:

"This is a new custom bios with all existing and new features implemented by the team.

While we may share some similarities that can be found in bioses such as config loading, custom colors etc, our solution will be different compared to all existing solutions.

In addition new tools will also be released to take advantage of some of the features we have implemented.

With our custom LBA support we now support hdds up to 8TB in storage size.

No more 2.2tb limitations and file corruption.
***8TB size limit may be expanded upon again in the future

More info will be made available in due time

Everyone loves a little ISO in their life. So why not add it natively into our bios.

No more patching Bioses with hacky ASM, Diskutilities, Dashloader or Nkpatcher.

With Cerbios just boot your console select your favorite game and enjoy endless hours of fun.
Existing attach.xbe compatible.

Check out the videos below of two problematic games working flawlessly as ISO and on 128mb hardware using Cerbios.
https://emalm.com/?v=WU9GV
https://emalm.com/?v=RNwC3

But why should I use ISOs over HDD dumps?

Well with our custom LBA support for HDD up to 8TB there is no excuse about not having enough space.
ISOs do not have file length limitation like some HDD rip games do, so no patching or truncating of file names is required.
All DRM checks pass as ISO (Harry Potter).

More info TBA"

Cerbios Alpha V1.zip

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

OOOOOH SHIT!

Then better do not step in it. 🤣

Now we need an app to format the extra partitions. And I wonder if Eaton will support the extra partitons with his FatXplorer. I also wonder if Rocky is able (and willing) to add support to UnleashX for the extra partitions if that is possible at all.

14 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Then better do not step in it. 🤣

Now we need an app to format the extra partitions. And I wonder if Eaton will support the extra partitons with his FatXplorer. I also wonder if Rocky is able (and willing) to add support to UnleashX for the extra partitions if that is possible at all.

Eaton mentioned on Reddit that support was coming in the new week or so, check r/originalxbox.

Edited by Mu.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That is truly awesome. Hmmm, how much is an 8tb drive these days? I'm off to check.

What would you actually want to put on there 🤣? I don’t even own 8tb of data I think. Maybe if I add all my games for XBOX, PS3,4 and 5 I might come close… anyway nice that you can put 8TB in an XBOX.

Is there anything known already about the ISO support? Is it the standard iso or is it xiso? Would be great to just download the games directly from a well known location which stores a lot of internet data directly to the XBOX.

58 minutes ago, coldasijs said:

What would you actually want to put on there 🤣? I don’t even own 8tb of data I think. Maybe if I add all my games for XBOX, PS3,4 and 5 I might come close… anyway nice that you can put 8TB in an XBOX.

Is there anything known already about the ISO support? Is it the standard iso or is it xiso? Would be great to just download the games directly from a well known location which stores a lot of internet data directly to the XBOX.

I guess i would put a LOT of hi-res music on it, a bunch of psx games... Anything else I can come up with. Although, my main machine has an x3, so i would probably want to use this for a secondary machine.

I don't understaod the appeal of the .iso mounting. I like having full access to my filesystem, especially for modified .xbes. The .isos are fucking huge compared to the actual files, assumedly because of a lot of dummy data. Also, isn't there the extra step of mounting the .iso? Can somebody explain the advantages of this?

44 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I guess i would put a LOT of hi-res music on it, a bunch of psx games... Anything else I can come up with. Although, my main machine has an x3, so i would probably want to use this for a secondary machine.

I don't understaod the appeal of the .iso mounting. I like having full access to my filesystem, especially for modified .xbes. The .isos are fucking huge compared to the actual files, assumedly because of a lot of dummy data. Also, isn't there the extra step of mounting the .iso? Can somebody explain the advantages of this?

It's not mounting Redump Dual-layer archival ISOs.  But, their extracted XDVDFS file system portion made into an XISO disc image.

4 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Lol yes sir I did mean TB. I recently picked up a 4TB on sale and it was full not long after I opened it up. I have several full drives of tv shows, music, movies, etc. I'm sure you know about it. 

I do not know about it. But i approve!

Thing is, a 1.4ghz xbox can barely play 720p with an ideal codec without dropping frames. So if you use it for playing videos, you probably will have a hard time filling it up with files it can actually play. 8tb is plenty.

8 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It's not mounting Redump Dual-layer archival ISOs.  But, their extracted XDVDFS file system portion made into an XISO disc image.

I thought that might be the case... But why do it at all? That's a lot of work (extracting with mulleter and building with qwix) with no perceivable benefit.

Edited by Bowlsnapper