OGXbox.com

Can you help me solving why some of my game gives me black screen?

JohnnyHUN

Hello, sorry for nagging you, but I am really don't know much about the og xbox modding stuff... My problem is, I have 3 og xbox, two of them working great, and 1 can't play two important games, everything else working great.

Forza motorsport, and Counter-strike. When I launch them it gives me a black screen on my main xbox, in CS I can hear the background music as well. On my other 2 xboxes they can run these games without a problem.

The only differences I can see with my newbie eyes are the "faulty" xbox has XMBC dashboard, while the others have that regular one, unleashx or evox (I can't really tell the differences), but would be the problem only this? I know the 2 working one is hardware modded, at least this is what I requested when I sent it to the service, the other, well, I don't remember seeing a chip inside, maybe tsoped, or softmodded.

Oh and the xbox that doesnt run the games is a 1.0 xbox I guess, I mean it has a fan on the gpu, only the 1.0 had it, right? And among the working ones one is 1.6, the other I dont know.

So that is all the hints I can give to you, but I am all ears what should I look for to post here, to be able to solve the mysteri.

Oh, and I would like to mention a couple things I read about this black screen, one is a problem solve for others, but not for me: 
"Load up MSdash and switch language to any other. Then switch off and on again and go back to ms dash and select original language. Then restart with Forza.
Worked for me first time with HDD and DVD backups" --> I could not step into the original MSdash, tried it switching inside XMBC, didn't work.

An other post that I can't find now was about EEPROM and that I should disable something called "xbox persistent softmod", but I can't find any option like that to set...

Thanks!

Are the games in question XBOX games or emulator games?  

IF IT WORKS ON THE OTHER XBOX ITS PROBABLY NOT THE GAME

I downloaded an Xbox game and someone added multiple extra files for the different languages. so I had to take the files for my language and put them in there required folders. 
This was quite funny as I originally forgot some of the frame files and the characters didn’t bend lol

EMULATORS

its normally the emulator or the actual extension type of that ROM that is the problem. (I.E) PlayStation likes the old frame skip and filter Not The One that is default and can’t play ISO or EBOOT format like other emulators can.

personally I would NOTE down the setup of the other Xboxes and copy it like for like double checking the region video type. Trying different filters and frame-skip options with Emulators

21 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Are the games in question XBOX games or emulator games?  

IF IT WORKS ON THE OTHER XBOX ITS PROBABLY NOT THE GAME

I downloaded an Xbox game and someone added multiple extra files for the different languages. so I had to take the files for my language and put them in there required folders. 
This was quite funny as I originally forgot some of the frame files and the characters didn’t bend lol

EMULATORS

its normally the emulator or the actual extension type of that ROM that is the problem. (I.E) PlayStation likes the old frame skip and filter Not The One that is default and can’t play ISO or EBOOT format like other emulators can.

personally I would NOTE down the setup of the other Xboxes and copy it like for like double checking the region video type. Trying different filters and frame-skip options with Emulators

these are xbox games. I know the games are good, one thing I can say difference between the working ones and the one that doesnt run these 2 games is the one that gives me black screen is probably softmodded, while the others are hardmoded. Tried with different dashboards, same black screen (also launching UnleashX also gave me a black screen, I could try it with avalaunch,xbmc,xbmc4gamers,evox.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:25 AM, JohnnyHUN said:

An other post that I can't find now was about EEPROM and that I should disable something called "xbox persistent softmod", but I can't find any option like that to set...

This setting is only for an Xbox softmodded with Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, not a hard mod.

If so softmodded, run NKPatcher Settings then select the menu options:

• 2. EEPROM

• 2.1 Advanced Features

• 2.1.2 Persistent Softmod

• Disable

I was trying to play the games from HDD.

I contacted with Rocky5, he recommended the language swap method

"Load up MSdash and switch language to any other. Then switch off and on again and go back to ms dash and select original language. Then restart with Forza (or counter strike)." (saw this previously on a forum by 'mnstar'). 

The problem was when I loaded up the MSdash in the options there was no option to change the language, turned out I had some modded msdash, so Rocky sent me a proper version of the msdash, and I could change the language and as mentioned above it solved my problem.

Thanks for everybody who tried to help, and also for Rocky5.

Edited by JohnnyHUN
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2022 at 6:57 PM, JohnnyHUN said:

I was trying to play the games from HDD.

I contacted with Rocky5, he recommended the language swap method

"Load up MSdash and switch language to any other. Then switch off and on again and go back to ms dash and select original language. Then restart with Forza (or counter strike)." (saw this previously on a forum by 'mnstar'). 

The problem was when I loaded up the MSdash in the options there was no option to change the language, turned out I had some modded msdash, so Rocky sent me a proper version of the msdash, and I could change the language and as mentioned above it solved my problem.

Thanks for everybody who tried to help, and also for Rocky5.

Hi can anybody help me with this exact issue?

I tried the persistent softmod thing but that would even run the game at all.

When I load MSdash from the XBMC apps I also have no language options in settings so I cant get Counterstrike to work either.

Im running HDD versions that arent bad copies straight off a sata drive.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...