OGXbox.com

Bought chipped 2nd hand OG Xbox. Dashboard uninstalled

Scarecrow

Hey all, new to the scene here. Last time I owned an Xbox was over 10 years back and I’d softmodded that console myself at the time. I bought a second hand Xbox last week though, opened it up and checked and it has an Aladdin Advanced modchip installed. On boot, it will load up blue Xbox logo before loading the standard dash. Holding the power button still loads to the standard dashboard as well so my guess is that something was reset to standard settings or the original owner just messed up and didn’t know what to do from here on.

I’m looking to install a new dashboard (not sure which one yet, doing research on them) but is there anything I should be wary of if the original owner has done something to the internal files?

beyond this I’m looking to them upgrade the hard drive once that is done.

Is there any advice or warnings that I should know about before taking this on?

Thanks!

3BCABC18-868D-474D-867C-9E3C0FB62392.jpeg

FACA6284-BD4F-4B41-9DC1-EEFCCDCD1FD5.jpeg

Remove the wire that's coming from BT to the front of the main board and link it to ground one of the screw holes. (So the BT on the mod chip is grounded)

Remove the wire from L1 completely.

Download and burn a copy of OGXbox 2021 installer v1.5.4 from here. https://1fichier.com/?cmclnzvvd4gufvt90j4d

Put this disk in the DVD drive and power cycle the Xbox (Power off for 10 seconds then power on)

Using the live apps re-flash the modchip with either EvoxM8plus or Ind 5003.67 patched

Now power off and fit a new HDD then power on with the install disk still in the DVD and the software will prompt you to format the HDD and you can then install a new dashboard (I recommend the xbmc4gamers)

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.