OGXbox.com

This ain't good.....

Craiguk

19 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Holly squirrel.  (2 billion emoticons but no squirrel?)

It's maybe a good idea to remove these caps (and the clock cap if not already) and order some new one.

Yes holy squirrel is correct lol, I did the clock one a few years back, any idea where I can get replacements and what the correct values are. 

I was thinking of RS components or Farnell as I'm in the UK. 

11 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

3300 uF 6.3v

mouser, digikey or if you like to gamble amazon. Everthing is should be better than this. Not to sure whats shipping costs (Germany - UK) but if not to expansiv I could send you some.

Are there the correct ones for the v1.2 motherboard. 

https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/3300uF-6.3V-Low-Impedance-Low-ESR-Radial-Electrolytic-Capacitor105-deg-C.html

Really appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, Craiguk said:

And my 1990's soldering iron is up to the job yeah, it has a fine tip. 

Screenshot_20220126-160817~2.png

Those Weller stations  are great, they were and still are quite pricey.

Mine is one of the MOD ones that were made for the MOD and certain Defence contractors.  It came with a ceramic PCB Yup your eye did not miss read that. Ceramic.  Think baked thin pcb thick bone china with a coating and carbon pcb tracks and bonded on components.  Great no RF signature and really efficient, until it dies.

I now only have one setting no matter where you put the dial, red glowing hot.

Weller dont make the boards anymore and several of the parts have no markings so I cant even replace the board with a cloned standard printed at PCBway etc. Shame as the PCB is not too hard to trace out.

Seen the replacement boards go on line for silly money, my whole rework station cost less. So sadly it just sits there until one day I find another or have time to try and reverse engineer it.