OGXbox.com

Xbox flashed wrong BIOS - need help

meandu

Hello,

I need some help with my Xbox Classic 1.4. It`s modded with an Aladdin Advanced Chip. I decided to revieve my System as it only had 110GB IDE drive. I changed it to 2TB SATA drive and all worked fine. Except for one problem: I changed partitions with Hexen 2018 and began to copy files via FTP. The F partition was 1,7TB. As the time reaching 1TB of copied files I got write-errors. I figured out it`s because F is too big. So I partitioned F and G to 956 each (or something similar) with Hexen 2018s Xbpartioner 1.3. All worked fine but after reboot I saw that F was only 127GB wit Xbpartitioner 1.3 from HDD with error message that the BIOS does not support custom partitions. So I flashed the BIOS and this was the beginning of the end... After flashing the Xbox did not boot, just shows logo (used IND 5004) and after that the screen stays black. Since then the xbox does not boot from DVD. I flashed the flash chip with a Nano USB programmer with Evox.m8plus,fc.137MySpezialBlue.bin. After boot I see the blue xbox logo but I am still not able to boot from Hexen 2018 to reconfigure the HDD. Short time after the LED starts blinking red/green with error 07 on Screen.

How can I make the Xbox boot from DVD again??

Thx for help in advance. Regards.

Edited by meandu
additional information added

I had the same issue with a 1.4 xbox. I was sure that it was dead and would never be saved until I found and used "OGXBOX Installer 2021". I have no idea why it worked or how my 1.4 Xbox was able to boot to this disc and no other but, it did. I re-flashed my bios and everything works fine. best of luck

• Like 1

Thank You @sweetdarkdestiny you made my day. I tried so hard but could not figure out which BIOS to use and didn`t know about the awesome FatXplorer - this made the work as easy as it could be.
I flashed your provided BIOS to the flash Chip, put it in the Mod Chip and followed the steps for using FatXplorer. Everything went smooth and works fine. It´s not my favorite dash but this will only take some time. Awesome dude. I own 3 xbox classics that need to be redone and this was the first. made me happy 🤟

• Like 1

There are some dashbaords like XBOx4Gamers, XBMC4XBox (aka XBMC), Avalaunch, UIX Lite, EvolutionX and XBMC-Emustation. 

To boot to another dash just create a shortcut with " xbe shortcut maker 2.0 " and name the shortcut " evoxdash.xbe " . Now copy the new shortcut to C:\ and maybe E:\ and overwrite the old shortcut and your new dashboard will boot. ;) 

Shortcut path list

• E:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe 
  • E:\XBMC\default.xbe 
  • E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe 
  • E:\Dash\Avalaunch\avalaunch.xbe
  • E:\Dash\EvolutionX\evoxdash.xbe
  • E:\Dash\UIX Lite\uixlite.xbe

DL xbe shortcut maker 2.0 : https://1fichier.com/?5hlvnhs07z6bjb5hvr76

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
There was one but, I can't remember...

Re FATXplorer Beta 3: there's been a new update recently and you must have MS Windows .NET 6 Desktop Runtime 6.0.1 64bit or 32bit installed or it won't launch.

I had not used FATXplorer recently and I had trouble getting the update to work on a Win7 64bit PC despite having .NET 5 Desktop Runtime installed which is supposedly supported until May 2022. I could not launch either that or my existing FATXplorer (the beta had expired) version to update it so I downloaded what I thought was the correct .NET 6 version and it still did not work.

Eventually I messaged Eaton-Works (kudos for their very quick response) and I found I had been installing the wrong Runtime download. Doh!

It must be that exact one above - the download link provided goes to a MS page with multiple downloads. It is the  Windows .NET 6 [b]Desktop{/b] Runtime 6.0.1 that is needed:-

24.01.22: 58.4MB File version 6.0.1.30718

MD5: b3b8e251456c6e712940ae507252facb

SHA1:1dc44c31438725846f59071c868736112398329b.

17 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

I could not launch either that or my existing FATXplorer (the beta had expired) version to update it so I downloaded what I thought was the correct .NET 6 version and it still did not work.

My beta is still working and will be till the end of time : https://imgur.com/a/oquicFD

Eaton should switch to a timeserver (or his DL server) to check the date on install and every now and then when launching to prevent that "RunAsDate" "workaround".

He shold take a look at DirOpus which is still almost impossible to trick and if you block any site from them you get an instand warez logo running across your screen.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
The usual
  • Like 1

Can you run me through how you did that? It is annoying that at some point any existing working version can be suddenly disabled and for no good reason I can think.

At some point Win7 support will probably removed so I'd like to understand how you can continue to use a particular working FATXplorer/.NET combo on a Win7 PC, which is pretty much dedicated to all my Xbox stuff, despite the expiry date.

@HDShadow I followed the description provided with the FatXplorer beta and use Windows 11. It just worked fine. Btw you need to install the windows desktop framework, the net framework version will not work. After that I have to start the FatXplorer as Admin (otherwise it won`t start) and it just works fine.

• Like 1