OGXbox.com

New member here and still love my old XBox!

Retrokid7

Hey folks! New member here! Bought a custom OG Xbox modded and loaded a while back and recently moved. Hooked it up and turned it on and got a #12 error with red ring. I’d love to to find someone reputable that I could send off for service. Thank you 

Edited by Retrokid7

• Retrokid7 changed the title to New member here and still love my old XBox!

Error code 12:

So this looks like a DVD error, could be DVD died, or loose cable to the DVD's. If this is modded with a IDE to SATA adapter it could be that adapter. If it was me i would open it up unplug and re plug in the yellow power cable and IDE cable to the Xbox. If that doesn't work search Facebook marketplace for someone to buy a cheap used one (i just picked one up with controllers and games for 40$ near me) then steal the DVD drive. 

If you are looking for someone reputable to fix it, may i suggest just looking on eBay for one thats already hooked up, working, and modded? shipping your Xbox anywhere and back is going to be like 50-60$ I've seen some decent modded Xbox's going for not too much more then that. If you post your location, maybe there is someone close to you who can help you out if you drop it off. Good luck

12 - kernel - DVD parameters (PIO/DMA)[/bold]

Same as #10, only not very common.

10 - kernel - DVD timeout[/bold]

Actually its almost the same as error 6/7/8. But also make sure the yellow cables are properly connected to the motherboard and the dvd drive.

1. Make sure ide cables are connected good.
2. Make sure the yellow cables are good and properly connected.
3. Still no succes? Try another dvd drive of which you are sure it is working.

Edited by 1.21jiggawatts