OGXbox.com

What is a dashboard ?

JohnnyHUN

I mean i know what are the official dashboards, but these modded dashboards are kinda weird for me. I’ve got some og xbox, some of them has a dashboard that is compact just as the official one, but other dashboards are like wtf, when I go to their settings they throw me to the original ms dashboard settings, so I am very limited to set anything lol, while the other custom dash settings let me set many other things.

Also, is the dashboard responsible for playing games? I mean do they find on the hdd and initialise them, or its just a skin? And why is it so complicated to change a dashboard skin? 

I have no idea what type of dashboards I am using, but lets say I have an unleashedx, can I change it to evox, or I could only choose from the unleashx skins (if there is more) ?

And if I accidentaly format my current hard drive when I want to upgrade to a bigger hard drive, will the bootup stuff be wiped too, but its stored in somewhere else that doesnt affect hdd? 

Sorry for the noobie questions :/

"What is a dashboard ?"

In simple terms it's a GUI ( Graphical User Interface )

It searches the HDD in known locations like E, F, G games folder or apps folder for the names of the games and apps to save you having to search though the HDD files to find the game/app you want to open.

I would suggest you have a look at the xbmc4gamers dash board.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

And if I accidentaly format my current hard drive when I want to upgrade to a bigger hard drive,

DON'T DO IT!  Format the hard drive on accident that is, not not upgrading to a bigger hard drive.

will the bootup stuff be wiped too,

Yes. The dashboard / bootup stuff will be wiped if you format the hard drive by accident. It is installed on the hard drive - stock MS dashboard and any replacement dashboard(s). 

Multiple dashboards can be installed but only one of the is them is the default dashboard that will start when you boot a modded console.

but its stored in somewhere else that doesnt affect hdd? 

No, only on the hard drive.  Don't format it by accident!