OGXbox.com

I have to hold power button to activate softmod, how to disable it?

JohnnyHUN

Hello, so I sent my xbox to a guy to mod it to be able to run backup copies, he did it, i dont know how, maybe he softmoded maybe he tsoped or chipped, but when I press the power button it boots to the original xbox ms dashboard, if I hold it down for 1-2 sec when its off, it boots into the xmbc or I dont know how its called, the modded dashboard where I can see the games.

Can I disable somehow this feature, and boot right into the modded dashboard without holding the power button? 

Thanks

Since holding the power button different lengths of time boots either the stock BIOS from the motherboard (short power button tap) or a custom BIOS (long power button press >1 second), they have installed a modchip - most likely an Aladdin XT plus 2 clone.

You can make the modchip always be on by making a few changes to the connections to the modchip.

1. Remove any wire soldered to the BT pad of the modchip as well as the other end of the wire to not leave it dangling free inside the case.
  2. Solder a short wire from BT to Ground as shown below.  Soldering to the larger square pad slightly up and to the left of the quicksolder pin 2 ground location works too.

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

• Like 1