OGXbox.com

Fable 720p hack, dirty disc error

Bowlsnapper

11 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Gotcha. Then yeah someone else will have to chime in with a fix for the patch files. I don’t get into that stuff. If it was from the archive then it could’ve possibly just been a bad FTP transfer. 

The regular 480p .xbe works, so i'm assuming it needs a patch to run from the HD. I've been trying to research how to patch an xbe for that, but i can't find any clear info on it. I think dvd2xbox does it on the way in but i'm not sure how that works.

Some versions of DVD2Xbox come with several ACL (Action Control List) files used to patch the game's default.xbe file and remove extraneous content when the application installs a game from the original game disc.  These ACL file's patches can also be applied to content already stored on the hard drive.

The ACL file will be named using Fable's TitleID value, 4D53000D, followed by a dot then acl --> 4d53000d.acl. (Xbox filenames are not case-sensitive).

Does DVD2Xbox have this ACL file included on your Xbox in its acl subfolder?

I just checked mine and it does not have such an ACL file. :(