OGXbox.com

Help black screen

Lexieye

Hello

i need help navigating the standard XBMC4GAMERS skin because it is totally black (but I can hear the navigation TICK)

i have a 2003-09-02 XBox I soft modded with Rocky5.

I am having trouble with the upgraded 500g HD. 
I have selected a skin that is just a black screen. I did this because the 480p 720p option was greyed out in the options menu. 
I’m hoping I can just select the original skin and everything will go back to normal.

but if this is a fatal error I have the ability to FTP on my laptop to fix the deleted .xbe or any other file required 

Edited by Lexieye

5 minutes ago, Lexieye said:

Hello

i need help navigating the standard XBMC4GAMERS skin because it is totally black (but I can hear the navigation TICK)

i have a 2003-09-02 XBox I soft modded with Rocky5.

I am having trouble with the upgraded 500g HD. 
I have selected a skin that is just a black screen. I did this because the 480p 720p option was greyed out in the options menu. 
I’m hoping I can just select the original skin and everything will go back to normal.

but if this is a fatal error I have the ability to FTP on my laptop to fix the deleted .xbe or any other file required 

I am a total newb so please bear with me.

I got the skin back by just pressing start, but the whole UI is messed up

Now it’s fine unless I select a EMULATOR option then that emulators  game list is black screen. I can hear the TICK of my controller and when I select a game that game plays fine and will let me exit back to EMULATIONSTATION 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Lexieye said:

The Video output options are greyed out, can anyone help?

image.jpg

I suspect the Xbox is set to pal.

If you use nkpatcher.xbe you can change the video output to NTSC and enable 480p and 720p.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

I suspect the Xbox is set to pal.

If you use nkpatcher.xbe you can change the video output to NTSC and enable 480p and 720p.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you for the response. I used NKPatcher to set the EPROM to NTSC but the problem is still there.

I originally cloned and modded the hard drive in 2020. This problem only happed yesterday after one of the games crashed and I had to hard restart the XBox.

it was a bad clone originally and I could only use 130g if my 500g hard drive.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:52 AM, MadMartigan said:

Seems you may be better off just backing everything up on your PC and reformatting everything correctly. This not only may fix whatever problem you’re having now but undoubtedly would prevent some future issues as well as gaining the unallocated space.

Hello

i purchased a 1TB SATA and used the original 8gig to start over.

it was all going sweet till I moved the settings pointer for ROM’s & Emulators to F:// then the same thing happens? 

so basically if I copy the 8gig to the 1TB and keep everything in C:// it works no problem. I’m hitting a mind-block!

if I try boot into the XBox.dash I get the green ERROR 21: because of the INDI_BIOs

i have repeated step one and have a working 1TB again but is there full step by step instructions online on moving everything to F://

On 1/19/2022 at 3:45 AM, Lexieye said:

Hello

i purchased a 1TB SATA and used the original 8gig to start over.

it was all going sweet till I moved the settings pointer for ROM’s & Emulators to F:// then the same thing happens? 

so basically if I copy the 8gig to the 1TB and keep everything in C:// it works no problem. I’m hitting a mind-block!

if I try boot into the XBox.dash I get the green ERROR 21: because of the INDI_BIOs

i have repeated step one and have a working 1TB again but is there full step by step instructions online on moving everything to F://

Why are you coping the old drive if the Xbox is hard modded?

I suspect there is soft mod files that on the old drive that are giving you problems.

Fit the new HDD and boot the Xbox with the ogxbox installer 2021 disk and setup the new drive from scratch.

Cheers

SS Dave