OGXbox.com

1.6 retail conversion to debug kit help

TheXboxMessiah

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, TheXboxMessiah said:

How in the hell can you convert a 1.6 Xbox into a debug kit? Is there any news on this?

Step 1 would be 128MB ram upgrade I suppose.  I assume the rest of the steps are the same as 1.0-1.5.

I'm looking into perhaps doing a cpu upgrade on a 1.6 - Confirming cpu core voltage before proceeding.

14 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Step 1 would be 128MB ram upgrade I suppose.  I assume the rest of the steps are the same as 1.0-1.5.

I'm looking into perhaps doing a cpu upgrade on a 1.6 - Confirming cpu core voltage before proceeding.

I wonder if the 1.6 hardware will actually benefit the Devbox/Debug set up.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, big F said:

I wonder if the 1.6 hardware will actually benefit the Devbox/Debug set up.

I noticed on 1.6s the video is cleaner / cripser with hdmi compared to any other version motherboard, you can notice it on boot up flubber animation.  Perhaps the Xcalibur video encoder.  This + 128MB makes them the best versions now I would say.  Maybe 1.6s can be CPU upgraded?

That would make sense since it’s the last revision. MS have shown in the 360 and One that they learn in each revision, making the last the best, until the jump ship for the next generation.

My 1.6’s seem to run slightly cooler and HDMI modding one one I did seemed clearer. Deffo going to 128 one of mine. Hope someone can shed light on the cpu mod area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

I noticed on 1.6s the video is cleaner / cripser with hdmi compared to any other version motherboard, you can notice it on boot up flubber animation.  Perhaps the Xcalibur video encoder.  This + 128MB makes them the best versions now I would say.  Maybe 1.6s can be CPU upgraded?

What kind of HDMI? My 1.6 is quite a bit fuzzier over composite than my 1.3 but it may be nothing to do with the encoder.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Prehistoricman said:

What kind of HDMI? My 1.6 is quite a bit fuzzier over composite than my 1.3 but it may be nothing to do with the encoder.

I just used several of the Wii2HDMI dongles bought one from eBay the rest from several sellers in china. Its all about the wiring short good quality wire and soldering works best.