OGXbox.com

Major FileZilla issue

MadMartigan

I’ve been filling up a 160GB HDD for a buddy with the normal .7z files(extracted of course) from the archive and after about 38 games, FileZilla is just refusing to fully transfer anything else. HDD has around 20GB left so I’m pretty sure space isn’t an issue. Any ideas/suggestions? FYI same result using flashfxp.

It will start a queue and sometimes transfer half of the files and then just quit and the rest fail. Upon noticing this ftp problem, now I can’t delete the last two transfers from the Xbox. I’ve done it within the consoles file system and from FileZilla. They won’t budge. I’ve rescanned manually, cleared the cache, and rebooted several times. Hoping one of you has had this happen before. It’s a first for me.

Run XBPartitioner v1.3 to check how the extended partition(s) are sized. Post a screenshot of the application's main screen.

How is the console modded: soft or hard?

If softmodded, which softmod package was installed?

If hardmodded, which BIOS is booting from the modchip?

Some older BIOSes don't support hard drives larger than 137GBs in size.  THus the F drive is ~120GBs the extra space on the drive available above the stock 8GBs used for the standard Xbox partitions.

However, the dashboard itself may say that there's space left, it cannot be accessed.  If a BIOS upgrade is sneeded, all of the data to the extended partition(s) will have to be re-uploaded.

Soft modded 1.6. Cloned it with Chimp. First picture was how it was originally formatted. Second picture is how I reformatted last night. 

Since redoing the partitions and adding G, I tried one of the games that was continuously failing and it transferred successfully. All in all there was a total of 104GB of files when it started to fail while on the single 145GB partition. 
I’ll attempt to add the rest of the files after work and see how it goes. 

0A954BA9-37C8-4DDA-A36F-29853A4D0D2B.jpeg

50AEAB4F-945E-42D0-903E-98F67F2CC590.jpeg

Before I go any further, should I just split the 160GB evenly onto F and G? 

Edited by MadMartigan
Additional inquiry

It’s Rocky5 soft mod. I went ahead and formatted as shown in the second pic. In the process of reinstalling all the games and will see if this has fixed the issue. Also switched to FTP through crossover cable to cut out the WiFi factor and hopefully less chance of transfer failures. 

Edited by MadMartigan

On 1/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Which option was/is selected in the NKPatcher Settings application for the hard drive configurtion?

Was it already softmodded before you installed the 160GB hard drive?

Not sure what you want to know about the NKPatcher. I haven’t gone into that at all, but can provide a screenshot of what you want. It’s a 1.6 and I soft modded it with Rocky5 before installing the 160GB with Chimp. I changed the partitions to what is shown in picture #2. As stated earlier, I started reinstalling the games with the roms that were failing; first. Nothing wrong with the roms, they installed fine. However, once again I got to around 100GB of installed files, same problem. After there is about 20GB left on F: it won’t let me add anything else. I haven’t attempted to add anything to the extra 25 gigs on G: yet. 

On 1/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Which option was/is selected in the NKPatcher Settings application for the hard drive configurtion?

Sorry I had to read your question again. Currently it is on default. Guessing it needs to be on F and G?

I forgot how spoiled I am from tsop and chips. I don’t honestly recall the last time I upgraded the HDD on a softmod

21 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Sorry I had to read your question again. Currently it is on default. Guessing it needs to be on F and G?

I forgot how spoiled I am from tsop and chips. I don’t honestly recall the last time I upgraded the HDD on a softmod

Dude, i would rather cut my fuckin' foot off with an olive fork than try to softmod an xbox. It just seems so janky, tricking/manipulating the stock bios like that. Why do it in 2022?... Or ANY year that a modchip has existed? It would be so much better feeling to just put in a chip and immediately be able to run what i want from wherever i want.

... But that's just me.

Edited by Bowlsnapper
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Dude, i would rather cut my fuckin' foot off with an olive fork than try to softmod an xbox. It just seems so janky, tricking/manipulating the stock bios like that. Why do it in 2022?... Or ANY year that a modchip has existed? It would be so much better feeling to just put in a chip and immediately be able to run what i want from wherever i want.

... But that's just me.

To answer that simply, it's not my Xbox. 

Edited by MadMartigan
Fat fingers

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

To answer that simply, it's not my Xbox. 

Oh.

I would get a 5$ aladdin, flash an lba48-patched (to fix your 137gb limitation problem) or .67 bios and just get it done. Then hand it back to him saying, "There. I fixed it."

... But that's just me. 😛

Edited by Bowlsnapper

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

... But that's just me.

We think alike, It's hard modded or stock.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Come on guys it’s not my Xbox and I’m not putting a chip in this for him. I just want a bit of help trying to get this issue sorted.   Can we move on from the flaming portion of tonight’s  show and get back to helping? 

Heh, sorry, buddy. Just having some fun. I'm sure we'll get you all straightened out. :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

nkpatcher should have a setting for lba48, doesn't it? Try swapping out the bfm bios with an lba48 patched bios, maybe? If you can't get either to work, you may have to resort to using g... Or getting an openxenium. ;) jk.

22 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

If the extended partitions were created with Chimp 261812 or XBPartitioner v1.3, a special LBA48 patch partition table should be present on the hard drive.  With such a partition, any NKPatcher Settings hard drive option should work.  edit: The LBA48 patch looks for this partition table and when found it overrides the default BIOS settings.

I would install Evoxdash then run its System Utils > Backup menu option.  In the folder where evoxdash is installed, the dashboard will create a Backup folder with several files in it.  With a HexEditor, open the disk.bin file there and make sure that a partition table is present in the first 512 bytes of the file.  The content should like something like the following:

219550559_XBPPartitionTableonHDD.JPG.964cd98dfdb5ce5ba05a5fb8fbc5dd73.JPG

On 1/12/2022 at 7:44 PM, MadMartigan said:

Not sure what you want to know about the NKPatcher. I haven’t gone into that at all, but can provide a screenshot of what you want. It’s a 1.6 and I soft modded it with Rocky5 before installing the 160GB with Chimp. I changed the partitions to what is shown in picture #2. As stated earlier, I started reinstalling the games with the roms that were failing; first. Nothing wrong with the roms, they installed fine. However, once again I got to around 100GB of installed files, same problem. After there is about 20GB left on F: it won’t let me add anything else. I haven’t attempted to add anything to the extra 25 gigs on G: yet. 

With the split F and G configuration, there should be no problem uploading the full 120.55GBs worth of data.  I'm not quite sure why you are having a problem.

The files you are uploading are for original Xbox games, not arcade emulator ROMS?

What are the names of some of the failing files? 

Are the filenames longer than 42 characters in length?

Or, do they have characters not valid for the FATX filesystem?

The FATX filesystem allows only the following characters in a filename:

• ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 0123456789!#$%&'()-.@[]^_`{}~

including the space character.

NOTE: Commas are not allowed.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

With the split F and G configuration, there should be no problem uploading the full 120.55GBs worth of data.  I'm not quite sure why you are having a problem.

The files you are uploading are for original Xbox games, not arcade emulator ROMS?

What are the names of some of the failing files? 

Are the filenames longer than 42 characters in length?

Or, do they have characters not valid for the FATX filesystem?

The FATX filesystem allows only the following characters in a filename:

• ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 0123456789!#$%&'()-.@[]^_`{}~

including the space character.

NOTE: Commas are not allowed.

He's working with a 160GB hard drive. He's trying to fill the last 20 gigs when only F: is used, but can't. He hasn't even tried to fill up G:. He's hitting a 137GB limit that's being caused by something. I suspect that it's the BFM bios that's being loaded with his softmod... 

Found this somewhere:

"Softmods will work[for 2tb HD installs], but the font exploit they use happens late in the boot process when the Dashboard loads, so you will be required to lock your new drive and will be limited in the partition layouts you can choose. Softmod users need to use NKPatcher then to enable LBA48 support for large drives, or the space beyond 137GB will be unusable. "

I would find the option that says "F: gets the rest" and enable it, if you can't find a clear LBA48 option on NKPatcher. If you choose an an option that uses g: at all, you're limiting your F: partition to 137GB. There doesn't seem to be a true LBA48 .67 option with Rocky5, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm at a loss...
Edited by Bowlsnapper

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

He's working with a 160GB hard drive. He's trying to fill the last 20 gigs when only F: is used, but can't. He hasn't even tried to fill up G:. He's hitting a 137GB limit that's being caused by something. I suspect that it's the BFM bios that's being loaded with his softmod... 

The Xbox Softmodding Tool patches the stock BIOS to include ozpaulb's LBA48 patch.  The patch looks for ozpaulb's custom LBA48 partition table on the hard drive. If found, its settings override the default BIOS partition size limits (the old LBA28 maximum hard drive size of 137GBs which means partition 6 / F drive had a maximum size of 120.55GBs.)  if not present, the old LBA28 limits exists.

His drive should have the LBA48 partition table present; therefore, F can use all the extra space above the 8GBs of the standard partitions - 145.93GBs in partition 6 - without needing to split the free space into two partitions 6 (F) and 7 (G).

I don't understand why the problem exists on the OP's system without seeing the partition table's content.

56 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The Xbox Softmodding Tool patches the stock BIOS to include ozpaulb's LBA48 patch.  The patch looks for ozpaulb's custom LBA48 partition table on the hard drive. If found, its settings override the default BIOS partition size limits (the old LBA28 maximum hard drive size of 137GBs which means partition 6 / F drive had a maximum size of 120.55GBs.)  if not present, the old LBA28 limits exists.

His drive should have the LBA48 partition table present; therefore, F can use all the extra space above the 8GBs of the standard partitions - 145.93GBs in partition 6 - without needing to split the free space into two partitions 6 (F) and 7 (G).

I don't understand why the problem exists on the OP's system without seeing the partition table's content.

I figured an all-in-one package like that would include lba48 support through some means, and i'm perplexed at his situation with that rudimentary assumption alone... Meanwhile you have an actual, technical reason. That's what i get for being out of the game for 15 years.

... I don't even know why i posted. All i did was inject nonsense into the thread. Damn. Lol.

Edited by Bowlsnapper
  • Haha 1

I just started from scratch and made sure to not skip any steps. I think I figured out what was wrong this time. So far everything is working fine. Now however, I’m running into a fatal error after installing and attempting to load Artwork installer from the downloader. I tried a reinstall and nothing has changed. I’m so done with this damn soft mod. 

EAFD80E2-7E70-4DE4-AD9D-6E3150A967F5.jpeg

I just started from scratch and made sure to not skip any steps. I think I figured out what was wrong this time. So far everything is working fine. Now however, I’m running into a fatal error after installing and attempting to load Artwork installer from the downloader. I tried a reinstall and nothing has changed. I’m so done with this damn soft mod. 

EAFD80E2-7E70-4DE4-AD9D-6E3150A967F5.jpeg

Well that looks familiar! i ran into that last week! Happened when i tried to change something with my leftover softmod shortcut.

CoughOPENXENIUM!coughcough...

ahem... Exfuckin'scuse me.

2 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

I love my xenium. Unfortunately this is the soft mod that I’m about to throw in the river. It was working fine until I redid everything after a full format. No clue why it’s being a bitch now. 

How old is the copy of XBMC4Gamers you installed?

Compare what you installed to the latest release extracted from this download - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1je41mKY0Qm7L3P1zbZkcgt7VphEhYFz2

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

How old is the copy of XBMC4Gamers you installed?

Compare what you installed to the latest release extracted from this download - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1je41mKY0Qm7L3P1zbZkcgt7VphEhYFz2

I'm actually using Emustation with the XBMC4Gamers skin downloaded directly from the downloader on the xbox