OGXbox.com

Xbox, electrical faults and corrosion.

alfredo2

This should be my last post on electricity, I know I have posted a lot over the last few days and gotten some great answers, but great answers can also push you towards something new to learn about. 

Anyways here goes. 

1. Lots of homes where I live have an RCD/ safety switch which can detect imbalances between the neutral and live connections. If there is an imbalance (such as when current is going to ground) it will trip the power. 

In regards to the xbox, it does not have a ground prong on its power cable, so how can an RCD trip the power in the event of a electrical fault (such as water, corrosion and other damage)?

And

If the TV the xbox is connected too and other devices connected to the TV don't have have ground prongs either and are all connected to the same powerstrip, how does and RCD protect them?

2. I opened up two of my consoles that were water damaged a few years ago. I checked for corrosion. Didn't see much. A little on the underside of the psu (which I don't think I can clean off) and possibly small amounts on the main board. 

Although there is a risk that I may miss some of it as there is a lot to examine and it may be hidden under things. 

My main question with this is how bad is corrosion? I know it creates shorts and I do not particular care if these particular two xboxs fail but I do care about how it may effect other consoles connected to the same powerstrip and tv. My tv does not have a ground prong and neither do the consoles. 

If somone could fill me in on the outcomes of corrosion and if my other consoles are protected by something? like a RCD? 

Thanks guys once again, and I apologise for going on about things, It is just in my nature to want to be really sure about things.

Regarding your corrosion issue I did see your pics on another thread, could not see anything that would cause a problem. Particularly the fact that you have stated that these units have dried out and have powered up well apart from a fan issue.  If that is your only issue that’s awesome mate which is an indicator that all is well particularly after you mentioned this damage occurred some years ago and are in working order.  If anything that proves itself that they are all good to keep going. Re your point 1, if they were plugged in wet they may have tripped the RCD but well in advance which would have protected anything plugged into the same power strip. No damaged would occur to other consoles plugged into that same strip due to that protection. That fact that the Xbox is a double insulated item is your protection. You mentioned the damaged consoles where plugged in dry. You have nothing to be concerned about here at all. You are protected both wet and dry.  As SS Dave mentioned when answering your previous question.  The chance of the Xbox causing damage to any other device on the same power strip is basically zero.  Again double insulation rule applies here and the fact the strips do not work that way. Go with that and enjoy.  I have followed some of your threads, enjoy your Xbox for its sentimentality it represents as you have alot to be thankful for as they are in working order and you definitely have nothing to worry about regarding your concerns regarding electricity and as mentioned above I do not see any issue regarding corrosion.  I can see you have concerns and want to be reassured. Please be reassured. It’s been a few years as you mentioned and nothing you have done would have caused a problem.

30 minutes ago, BlastandFast said:

Regarding your corrosion issue I did see your pics on another thread, could not see anything that would cause a problem. Particularly the fact that you have stated that these units have dried out and have powered up well apart from a fan issue.  If that is your only issue that’s awesome mate which is an indicator that all is well particularly after you mentioned this damage occurred some years ago and are in working order.  If anything that proves itself that they are all good to keep going. Re your point 1, if they were plugged in wet they may have tripped the RCD but well in advance which would have protected anything plugged into the same power strip. No damaged would occur to other consoles plugged into that same strip due to that protection. That fact that the Xbox is a double insulated item is your protection. You mentioned the damaged consoles where plugged in dry. You have nothing to be concerned about here at all. You are protected both wet and dry.  As SS Dave mentioned when answering your previous question.  The chance of the Xbox causing damage to any other device on the same power strip is basically zero.  Again double insulation rule applies here and the fact the strips do not work that way. Go with that and enjoy.  I have followed some of your threads, enjoy your Xbox for its sentimentality it represents as you have alot to be thankful for as they are in working order and you definitely have nothing to worry about regarding your concerns regarding electricity and as mentioned above I do not see any issue regarding corrosion.  I can see you have concerns and want to be reassured. Please be reassured. It’s been a few years as you mentioned and nothing you have done would have caused a problem.

Many thanks for you help, I really appreciate it. I have learnt a lot these past few days, it seems that with each answer it leads towards something else to learn about.

I get quite curious and want to be sure, as well as reassured against mistakes I may have made in the past when I wasn't as careful or didn't think as much.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

No worries mate nothing wrong with curiosity as long as it doesn’t lead you down rabbit holes, it’s all a learning curve and electricity can be confusing to understand but it is based on very simple principles. Answers to questions here for you and those on your your other posts also. Wanted to reply the other day but I’m new to this forum and didn’t know about only allowed to make 5 posts a day.

RCD switches are designed to stop extreme electrical strikes and problems from damaging homes. it is extremely sensitive. The RCD continuously monitors the Live (Active) and Return (Neutral) wires to see they are in balance, that is, inflow = outflow. Since the Earth is not part of this sensing, technically the RCD will protect without an Earth as this is what it is designed to do.

You say most homes in your area have RCD’s not sure where you are from but in Australia they have been compulsory since 1991. As you probably know they work by quickly cutting-off the issue as they constantly monitor the current electrical flow in both the active and neutral wires.  If an item Is wet, if there is moisture or a fault in an electrical appliance the RCD will absolutely trip. An RCD will trip if there is an in-balance of current because it is constantly monitoring.  

If you plugged in your Xbox when it was wet there would be an increase or change in current and it would have tripped the switch in a millisecond, eventhough it’s 2 pronged.  All it cares about is current if a current change is enough to trip it, trip It, it will.  One major eg is an iron, they trip constantly and once dried out are fine to go another good example is if there is an extension cord left outside and plugged in and it was left in the rain and water got into the cord, it would within a millisecond cause a trip to prevent a dangerous hazard because water changed current flow.  But if the cord got wet when it was not plugged in to anything and left to dry out and then was plugged in and worked it would be fine and not cause any damage to what ever appliance it was then plugged into as there is no extra current. You see in a 2 pronged double insulted appliance if there is a change in current from water or other  cause and causes the appliance to cease working, or if the hot line gets shorted to the return line, then a huge current will flow and in less than a millisecond it will trip the RCD as it is designed to do. It’s The same for both 2 and 3 pronged. Non earthed tripped just like an earthed.

Next:   The chance of one appliance affecting another on a power strip is pretty much a zero. The RCD protects your TV and Xbox or others appliances connected on the same power strip because again it’s all about current flow and it recognises the flow, power strips have fuses and or circuits for protection as well as do consoles and TV’s having their own fuses. The power strips are protective of each individual appliance. 

You asked about where extra current goes if it’s there.

Power boards have a feature that is called overload protection. This feature will automatically stop any electricity that leads to the power board should there be a potential for overloading/overheating so electricity is stopped by the fuse But even before this the RCD will trip so electricity is stopped. Also fuses in strip are designed to blow that’s what fuses in strip are for. But RCD beats that anyway.  A fuse is an electrical safety device that operates to provide overcurrent protection of an electrical circuit. Its essential component is a metal wire or strip that melts when too much current flows through it, thereby stopping or interrupting the current. It is a sacrificial device;. Also as mentioned the RCD picks up on the extra current if it’s there and trips anyway. It’s the same principal as point 1.  It trips..

A fuse is an automatic means of removing power from a faulty system; often abbreviated to ADS. 

Your units are still powering up and working therefore no extra current has flowed through them. as I said the RCD is very sensitive and will pick up any damage to any appliance so if a water damaged appliance or the extension cord example were damaged after they dried out and were turned on the RCD would trip it. 

Re the corrosion and other consoles connected to the same power strips it’s the same answer, the RCD and strip will protect if there is a problem caused by corrosion. But corrosion doesn’t necessarily cause damage or issue.  Also any issue with it would trip so fast you wouldn’t believe it. All  our electrical appliances RCD’s, power strips are designed for protection of our appliances and our own personal protection it’s all about Health and Safety and Protection and also Legal Regulation, imagine the lawsuits from faulty appliances. We have strict codes here. All the answers to your questions come back to the the point that you are protected by the RCD for everything which work the same for either 2 or 3 pronged plugs.  Don’t get caught up thinking that there is less protection because it’s 2 pronged because that is not correct. RCD’s are extremely sensitive it’s your safety sheild.  Another extra back up protection is in the power strips and fuses in them and the fact that the Xbox power supply has a fuse in it so does your tv. That’s how it is in Australia anyway, I know there are slight differences in other countries so check where you get your information from. It seems to me that once you have clarity and understanding of the physics of electricity  which I hope I have helped you with you will see that you don’t have issues or concern as everything is working and all the protections are in place. I thought I would expand on my previous answer, I know it’s long winded but want to put your mind at rest  as I was not in a position to fully reply earlier.

Happy to help if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlastandFast said:

No worries mate nothing wrong with curiosity as long as it doesn’t lead you down rabbit holes, it’s all a learning curve and electricity can be confusing to understand but it is based on very simple principles. Answers to questions here for you and those on your your other posts also. Wanted to reply the other day but I’m new to this forum and didn’t know about only allowed to make 5 posts a day.

RCD switches are designed to stop extreme electrical strikes and problems from damaging homes. it is extremely sensitive. The RCD continuously monitors the Live (Active) and Return (Neutral) wires to see they are in balance, that is, inflow = outflow. Since the Earth is not part of this sensing, technically the RCD will protect without an Earth as this is what it is designed to do.

You say most homes in your area have RCD’s not sure where you are from but in Australia they have been compulsory since 1991. As you probably know they work by quickly cutting-off the issue as they constantly monitor the current electrical flow in both the active and neutral wires.  If an item Is wet, if there is moisture or a fault in an electrical appliance the RCD will absolutely trip. An RCD will trip if there is an in-balance of current because it is constantly monitoring.  

If you plugged in your Xbox when it was wet there would be an increase or change in current and it would have tripped the switch in a millisecond, eventhough it’s 2 pronged.  All it cares about is current if a current change is enough to trip it, trip It, it will.  One major eg is an iron, they trip constantly and once dried out are fine to go another good example is if there is an extension cord left outside and plugged in and it was left in the rain and water got into the cord, it would within a millisecond cause a trip to prevent a dangerous hazard because water changed current flow.  But if the cord got wet when it was not plugged in to anything and left to dry out and then was plugged in and worked it would be fine and not cause any damage to what ever appliance it was then plugged into as there is no extra current. You see in a 2 pronged double insulted appliance if there is a change in current from water or other  cause and causes the appliance to cease working, or if the hot line gets shorted to the return line, then a huge current will flow and in less than a millisecond it will trip the RCD as it is designed to do. It’s The same for both 2 and 3 pronged. Non earthed tripped just like an earthed.

Next:   The chance of one appliance affecting another on a power strip is pretty much a zero. The RCD protects your TV and Xbox or others appliances connected on the same power strip because again it’s all about current flow and it recognises the flow, power strips have fuses and or circuits for protection as well as do consoles and TV’s having their own fuses. The power strips are protective of each individual appliance. 

Power boards have a feature that is called overload protection. This feature will automatically stop any electricity that leads to the power board should there be a potential for overloading/overheating so electricity is stopped by the fuse But even before this the RCD will trip so electricity is stopped. Also fuses in strip are designed to blow that’s what fuses in strip are for. But RCD beats that anyway.  A fuse is an electrical safety device that operates to provide overcurrent protection of an electrical circuit. Its essential component is a metal wire or strip that melts when too much current flows through it, thereby stopping or interrupting the current. It is a sacrificial device;. Also as mentioned the RCD picks up on the extra current if it’s there and trips anyway. It’s the same principal as point 1.  It trips..

A fuse is an automatic means of removing power from a faulty system; often abbreviated to ADS. 

Your units are still powering up and working therefore no extra current has flowed through them. as I said the RCD is very sensitive and will pick up any damage to any appliance so if a water damaged appliance or the extension cord example were damaged after they dried out and were turned on the RCD would trip it. 

Re the corrosion and other consoles connected to the same power strips it’s the same answer, the RCD and strip will protect if there is a problem caused by corrosion. But corrosion doesn’t necessarily cause damage or issue.  Also any issue with it would trip so fast you wouldn’t believe it. All  our electrical appliances RCD’s, power strips are designed for protection of our appliances and our own personal protection it’s all about Health and Safety and Protection and also Legal Regulation, imagine the lawsuits from faulty appliances. We have strict codes here. All the answers to your questions come back to the the point that you are protected by the RCD for everything which work the same for either 2 or 3 pronged plugs.  Don’t get caught up thinking that there is less protection because it’s 2 pronged because that is not correct. RCD’s are extremely sensitive it’s your safety sheild.  Another extra back up protection is in the power strips and fuses in them and the fact that the Xbox power supply has a fuse in it so does your tv. That’s how it is in Australia anyway, I know there are slight differences in other countries so check where you get your information from. It seems to me that once you have clarity and understanding of the physics of electricity  which I hope I have helped you with you will see that you don’t have issues or concern as everything is working and all the protections are in place. I thought I would expand on my previous answer, I know it’s long winded but want to put your mind at rest  as I was not in a position to fully reply earlier.

Happy to help if needed.

That is some damn fine information there, friend... And some damn gigantic font. Very thoroughly explained. Thank you.

• Haha 1

Just now, BlastandFast said:

I had an ogxbox and tv on a undercover patio that got caught in a storm 10 years ago. Had to leave in hurry and forgot they were out there.  All soaked through with other consoles but after they dried out all worked fine. No issue with running either and no game saves lost.  But coming from an electrical background I understand if you don’t it would be difficult to grasp certain concepts.

16 minutes ago, BlastandFast said:

I had an ogxbox and tv on a undercover patio that got caught in a storm 10 years ago. Had to leave in hurry and forgot they were out there.  All soaked through with other consoles but after they dried out all worked fine. No issue with running either and no game saves lost.  But coming from an electrical background I understand if you don’t it would be difficult to grasp certain concepts.

I've seen lots of electronics get soaked and work fine after drying. A lot of problems seem to happen when they stay wet long enough and metals corrode, oxidize and basically degrade... Or when power is applied while the device is still wet and liquid shorts fry components. That'll do it!

18 hours ago, BlastandFast said:

Happy to help if needed.

Thank you for that fantastic write up, I really appreciate it. You have really filled in a lot of gaps.

You are right about rabbit holes, it is very easy to fall down when it comes to subjects like this when you have no background in it and you are trying to piece together little bits of info from different parts of the web. Before last week I had no idea at all about electricity apart from grounding and my knowledge on that was mostly wrong.

I am from Melbourne, Australia so I believe most homes are fitted with an RCD, before this week I had no idea how our safety switches worked and always wondered how they protected us from electrical faults. Brings me back to when I was about 9 back in the 90s and my friend was making toast and it started to burn, he says he thought the house would burn down so he put his knife in the toaster to get the toast out and he tripped the safety switch. 

There just seems to be a lot of inaccurate info out there and it can be hard to know what is right and what is wrong. It makes me want to make sure I understand everything correctly.

I have a few more queries if don't mind clearing them up for me.

1. In regards to the RCD I was told on another forum that if the water or corrosion did not make connection away from the device (to ground) then the RCD would not trip. But the water or corrosion would of course change the current and since our RCD's monitor between neutral and live there would be a change and it would then trip. I think this guy was from a different country so maybe RCDs work a little different where he is from, maybe they monitor ground over there? 

2. I was also told that (I'm not sure what parts of the xbox are low or high voltage) if the xbox was a low voltage device the RCD wouldn't trip if it ran into trouble with water/corrosion, but the xbox's fuse itself would blow instead?

3. If the RCD does trip because the xbox is wet or has corrosion damage, where does that bad current go and what stops it from entering other devices (through av lead to a console connected to same tv or through a powerstrip if it has no surge protection), no more power is flowing of course but the bad current must have gone somewhere?

Sorry still not 100 percent clear on the last point lol.

Thanks once again mate, I really appreciate your time and knowledge, stay safe in the awesome summer we are having and lets hope for no more lockdowns!

No problem.

I responded to your post on the  photos on corrosion, they are all good.

I’m based between two states Northern NSW and Qld.  I have been lucky with lockdowns and I feel for you guys.  Also you said most homes are fitted with RCD’s  it is actually ALL homes. You can’t buy, sell or rent out a house without one.

Point 1. Water would definitely trip the RCD, yes water  does change the current that’s why it trips no ifs or buts. That’s if it gets right into the unit and the real operating systems. But if it’s just on the case or plastic where there are no major components or power that is commonsense that it is ok.  Just like talking on your phone on the rain that doesn’t get in.  Due to the constant monitoring, as I said in my last post, the time it takes to trip is so fast it’s too hard to time-milliseconds. You are correct the current load would change which would cause the trip.

The RCD continuously monitors the live (active)and return (neutral) wires to see if they are in balance that is, inflow-= outflow. Since earth is not part of this seasoning.
technically the RCD “WILL” protect without an earth. This was one of your main concerns In an earlier post. RCD will shut off power it will trip.

Regarding corrosion..

there are too many appliances that use water or liquid, eg irons, household blenders for smoothies or shakes even tools such as tile cutting saws etc, the amount of corrosion in these appliances we see in our firm for repair which isint because of corrosion damage it’s unrelated damage but you open something up To fix and you can see corrosion and this corrosion hasn’t caused the problem people need it fixed for, we fix  the problem it came in for and off it goes. corrosion happens after all it’s an appliance it will continue to work.  
But then you have something that has so badly rusted that it’s covered in red powdered rust dust now that is intense corrosion all the wires are coated in rust the full internals are rusted and beyond cleaning and some of these still work fine and some may trip and die because they have been wet so many times over.  

Point 2. You are correct the Xbox’s fuse would blow.  They are there to absorb the extra current they are a safety feature within the unit/power supply therefore it cannot affect anything else.  The fuse is the first port of call.  If a fuse blows in the power supply then all power is stopped and there is no current to travel anywhere beyond the power supply to where it is plugged into,  no current means no electricity.  Say this happened on a power strip as an eg. As you mentioned power strips earlier I will use this example.  In this instance the fuse blows before anything gets to the power strip. So nothing is affected.  But in the same token nothing would get affected any way because the other appliances on the strip are protected if anything was detected in the power strip, as the RCD will pick that up in its constant monitoring and trips.  Previously you were concerned anything plugged into a strip would be damaged, I answered that in my previous post, no they wont.   Understand that once a fuse has blown the power/current has stopped. There is no more. power/current/electricity. A fuse is an automatic way of removing power/current. I will describe it as a sponge it absorbs the power sucks it up so to speak, power/current is no more.  That also answers your question about what you call extra electricity.

Point 3  I covered this a few times. The RCD picks up change in current and trips, there is no more electricity because it has been stopped in its tracks, remember we are talking 0.3 of a millisecond.  We have talked about fuses blowing first.  If there is extra current and things are plugged into a power strip the RCD trip happens and you can test each one of the appliances one at a time to find out which one is tripping. Say you have five things oluggged in, take them all out reset the switch and plug the first one in if it doesn’t trip it’s not that plug take it out plug the next one in if it doesn’t trip do the process again until you get the one that trips then you will know which  is the problem. This Excercise will prove that the problem appliance did not damage the others as they did not cause a trip and as the RCD tripped for the problem one. this is standard practice and how it all works.  As I mentioned in previous answer you cannot damage anything plugged into the same strip by an appliance that has been damaged, the RCD will trip and will not allow that to happen, they are designed for our protection..  It trips so fast that nothing can be damaged on the strip.

you said if you don’t surge protection, you do have it in you RCD and in your main switch board, strips also have fuses, as do most appliances and also in some plugs that you plug into power points. A trip will happen. And that would happen before anything went up an AV cable into a TV.  Plus you haven’t plugged in a wet Xbox. If you did it would trip immediately as I explained in your question 1.  I really hope this helps as I feel you are a little confused and the questions are quite similar but asked in different ways.  
more than happy to help if need further clarification. Please be assured that from everything you have asked there are no issues and you are protected by RCD’s fuses, switchboards, safety switches etc. and I feel from my experience you do not have an issue with the Xbox’s of concern.  They do not pose a threat to any of your other consoles or tv by using them on power strips with other  devices.  Just be careful what you read as that is what I think is confusing you the most.  People claiming to know things they don’t really know based on what they  have read. Be assured you don’t have issues and find peace with that.

I hope I have helped in some way to alleviate your concerns for you to accept that all is ok.  Plus the fact that the water damage happened so long ago even though I understand based on your questions that you feel this water damage may have caused problems to other consoles after the damage dried and you used the consoles I really want to assure you that this has not happened because you would actually have damaged consoles with issues, constant tripping every time you plugged them in. You would have experienced blown fuses and all sorts of things happen.   Find your peace mate and take care.

19 hours ago, BlastandFast said:

No problem.

I responded to your post on the  photos on corrosion, they are all good.

I’m based between two states Northern NSW and Qld.  I have been lucky with lockdowns and I feel for you guys.  Also you said most homes are fitted with RCD’s  it is actually ALL homes. You can’t buy, sell or rent out a house without one.

Point 1. Water would definitely trip the RCD, yes water  does change the current that’s why it trips no ifs or buts. That’s if it gets right into the unit and the real operating systems. But if it’s just on the case or plastic where there are no major components or power that is commonsense that it is ok.  Just like talking on your phone on the rain that doesn’t get in.  Due to the constant monitoring, as I said in my last post, the time it takes to trip is so fast it’s too hard to time-milliseconds. You are correct the current load would change which would cause the trip.

The RCD continuously monitors the live (active)and return (neutral) wires to see if they are in balance that is, inflow-= outflow. Since earth is not part of this seasoning.
technically the RCD “WILL” protect without an earth. This was one of your main concerns In an earlier post. RCD will shut off power it will trip.

Regarding corrosion..

there are too many appliances that use water or liquid, eg irons, household blenders for smoothies or shakes even tools such as tile cutting saws etc, the amount of corrosion in these appliances we see in our firm for repair which isint because of corrosion damage it’s unrelated damage but you open something up To fix and you can see corrosion and this corrosion hasn’t caused the problem people need it fixed for, we fix  the problem it came in for and off it goes. corrosion happens after all it’s an appliance it will continue to work.  
But then you have something that has so badly rusted that it’s covered in red powdered rust dust now that is intense corrosion all the wires are coated in rust the full internals are rusted and beyond cleaning and some of these still work fine and some may trip and die because they have been wet so many times over.  

Point 2. You are correct the Xbox’s fuse would blow.  They are there to absorb the extra current they are a safety feature within the unit/power supply therefore it cannot affect anything else.  The fuse is the first port of call.  If a fuse blows in the power supply then all power is stopped and there is no current to travel anywhere beyond the power supply to where it is plugged into,  no current means no electricity.  Say this happened on a power strip as an eg. As you mentioned power strips earlier I will use this example.  In this instance the fuse blows before anything gets to the power strip. So nothing is affected.  But in the same token nothing would get affected any way because the other appliances on the strip are protected if anything was detected in the power strip, as the RCD will pick that up in its constant monitoring and trips.  Previously you were concerned anything plugged into a strip would be damaged, I answered that in my previous post, no they wont.   Understand that once a fuse has blown the power/current has stopped. There is no more. power/current/electricity. A fuse is an automatic way of removing power/current. I will describe it as a sponge it absorbs the power sucks it up so to speak, power/current is no more.  That also answers your question about what you call extra electricity.

Point 3  I covered this a few times. The RCD picks up change in current and trips, there is no more electricity because it has been stopped in its tracks, remember we are talking 0.3 of a millisecond.  We have talked about fuses blowing first.  If there is extra current and things are plugged into a power strip the RCD trip happens and you can test each one of the appliances one at a time to find out which one is tripping. Say you have five things oluggged in, take them all out reset the switch and plug the first one in if it doesn’t trip it’s not that plug take it out plug the next one in if it doesn’t trip do the process again until you get the one that trips then you will know which  is the problem. This Excercise will prove that the problem appliance did not damage the others as they did not cause a trip and as the RCD tripped for the problem one. this is standard practice and how it all works.  As I mentioned in previous answer you cannot damage anything plugged into the same strip by an appliance that has been damaged, the RCD will trip and will not allow that to happen, they are designed for our protection..  It trips so fast that nothing can be damaged on the strip.

you said if you don’t surge protection, you do have it in you RCD and in your main switch board, strips also have fuses, as do most appliances and also in some plugs that you plug into power points. A trip will happen. And that would happen before anything went up an AV cable into a TV.  Plus you haven’t plugged in a wet Xbox. If you did it would trip immediately as I explained in your question 1.  I really hope this helps as I feel you are a little confused and the questions are quite similar but asked in different ways.  
more than happy to help if need further clarification. Please be assured that from everything you have asked there are no issues and you are protected by RCD’s fuses, switchboards, safety switches etc. and I feel from my experience you do not have an issue with the Xbox’s of concern.  They do not pose a threat to any of your other consoles or tv by using them on power strips with other  devices.  Just be careful what you read as that is what I think is confusing you the most.  People claiming to know things they don’t really know based on what they  have read. Be assured you don’t have issues and find peace with that.

I hope I have helped in some way to alleviate your concerns for you to accept that all is ok.  Plus the fact that the water damage happened so long ago even though I understand based on your questions that you feel this water damage may have caused problems to other consoles after the damage dried and you used the consoles I really want to assure you that this has not happened because you would actually have damaged consoles with issues, constant tripping every time you plugged them in. You would have experienced blown fuses and all sorts of things happen.   Find your peace mate and take care.

Thanks again mate, you have blown me away with another excellent write up, I think I am starting to get the hang of things now. Sometimes it takes time to really sink in, especially when you know next to nothing about the subject like I do.

If I have anymore questions I will shoot you a message or reply to this post again, if you don't mind of course.

Many thanks and take care!

11 hours ago, alfredo2 said:

Thanks again mate, you have blown me away with another excellent write up, I think I am starting to get the hang of things now. Sometimes it takes time to really sink in, especially when you know next to nothing about the subject like I do.

If I have anymore questions I will shoot you a message or reply to this post again, if you don't mind of course.

Many thanks and take care!

No worries mate glad to help, back to work soon so I hope I Don’t miss anything as I just joined this forum out of curiosity.  I think you should be good to go from here.  Understanding the basics  of electricity can be confusing to those not trained.  My advise would be to not overthink it as you will get too caught up and confused and not understand which will have you going around in circles of more confusion trying to make sense of something that does make sense but you can’t see it. Because you don’t have the back ground.  From our posts conversations I see everything is ok for you and you don’t have any issues of concern, just grasp the fact that consoles are protected and nothing has occurred that you should be concerned about. If it had you would definitely know about it and  I think you have read something somewhere that has worried you and flown a red flag.  Take care.

• Thanks 1