OGXbox.com

Install new HDD on hardmodded xbox 1

tonix90

hello,

I have an old xbox wie duox2 chip and xecuter2,

I am not able to install a new IDE with 500GB .

I' have tried with hexen 16 and and a Slayer 2.7 boot dvd bot every time I get Error 13 dashboard not found.

The new HDD working with my PC, the box stars well with the old HDD and the Boot DVD ist startable from Dashboard, so I have no idea where the problem is.

I format my new hdd with fatxplorer and copy the data from C and E from the old one with my xbox and FTPI don't get the error anymore but my xbox just boot to the blue logo with xectuer2 and then nothing happen.

I there any other way I can try?

Sounds as if it could just be that a cold boot of the installer disc is necessary. Any properly working chip with any BIOS, old or not, must be able to do that.  

Either disc mentioned should boot and offer you formatting and then dash install options. If they're booting with the old HDD in place; that means there is nothing wrong with the DVD drive, disc or burn.

If cold booting does not work then check the jumper on the new HDD: if it is on Cable Select swap it to Master or visa versa. In the far, far distant past that was an oft made suggestion for otherwise inexplicable boot issues whether involving discs or the HDD itself.

Other possible causes would be the IDE cable but I assume you're using the same one with both old and new HDD so that's an unlikely culprit which leaves the 'new' 500GB HDD itself as the primary suspect.

You do have the option of using Chimp 261812 as well; it is a less usual thing to do with a chip fitted Xbox but try cloning the old HDD to the new one (just C and E) and see if that works. If it doesn't then the new HDD becomes even more suspect.

BTW make sure that if you get it working you format the extended partitions (F and G if used) correctly afterwards using XBPartitioner v1.3. 

6 hours ago, tonix90 said:

can I try it with the  xecuter 2.3/2.6 bios from the hexen 2021?

I would use the x2 5035.67 just to be safe. I think your bios is configured to boot from the disc drive if media is present. If your 500gb is IDE, set the jumper to slave. If it's sata, set the adapter to slave. If you're using sata, make sure you have an 80 pin IDE cable. If you still can't boot your installer at that point, then either your installer disc is fucked or your dvd drive has smoked it's last cigar.

I guess you could install your shit over ftp... Manually. But, personally, I'd rather disembowel myself with a wooden fucking cooking spoon.

Edited by Bowlsnapper

9 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

That bios is a dual bios. It combines 2 bios files to fit the 1 MB which the Xecuter has.

HeXEn should also provide a x2 5035.67 512kb single bios which you should use if you like to have an Xecuter bios.

ok, I flashed the Bios with x2 5035.67 512k from Hexen 21, get a new booting screen and logo, but has still the problem that my xbox with new hdd don't load into the dash without an error.
I'am also unable to come into the boot config with x or white botton 

Edited by tonix90

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

As far as I know HeXEn didn't replace or add a x2 config, it just flashes the bios which maybe didn't point to your Dash.

Hook up the HDD to your PC and edit the x2 config by hand or add one if there is non. The dash should be in " E:\Dash\UnleashX\unleash.xbe "

And one question, what type and brand of HDD do you use?

I got still this problem, the old HDD works fine with the new Bios.

I try it with the Jumper on MA,SL,CS and without

x2config.ini on E: contains: 

dash1Name = c:evoxdash.xbe
dash2Name = e:evoxdash.xbe
dash3Name = e:Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
dash4Name = c:rescuedash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
dash5Name = c:xboxdash.xbe

I found the dashboard data under your given path

my HDD is a WD5000AAJB

I think my next step will be trying again to copy the hdd with chimp and hot swap

Ok the x2 config ist still the one from me which makes it much more strange (but like I wrote, HeXEn didn't add a config at all). dash is in place, config is fine and  you have a WD blue which also works without tweaks (# head parking).

The XBox workds with the old HDD, with the old and new bios and also with the same IDE cable.

So the last thing I can think of is that you maybe use a 40 wire cable and the WD "need" an 80 wire cable in the xbox to work (Yea I know how that sounds). And in case you already use a 80 wire cable, I'm out of ideas.

Maybe @SS_Dave or @KaosEngineer have an idea what you could to try next.

EDIT: One more thing. Even it isn't a WD Green, it could be possible (If you bought the HDD second hand) that the previous owner has head parking enabled or the power management set to "low power".

So download CrystalDiskInfo (if you don't have it) and check the settings like shown in this screen. The value should be set to 0 (Yeah, I'm aware of the typo in the titel :D:  https://imgur.com/a/hEsgaLC

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

On 1/10/2022 at 9:09 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ok the x2 config ist still the one from me which makes it much more strange (but like I wrote, HeXEn didn't add a config at all). dash is in place, config is fine and  you have a WD blue which also works without tweaks (# head parking).

The XBox workds with the old HDD, with the old and new bios and also with the same IDE cable.

So the last thing I can think of is that you maybe use a 40 wire cable and the WD "need" an 80 wire cable in the xbox to work (Yea I know how that sounds). And in case you already use a 80 wire cable, I'm out of ideas.

Maybe @SS_Dave or @KaosEngineer have an idea what you could to try next.

EDIT: One more thing. Even it isn't a WD Green, it could be possible (If you bought the HDD second hand) that the previous owner has head parking enabled or the power management set to "low power".

So download CrystalDiskInfo (if you don't have it) and check the settings like shown in this screen. The value should be set to 0 (Yeah, I'm aware of the typo in the titel :D:  https://imgur.com/a/hEsgaLC

after i've tried all again, I notice that the old hdd is not read or montable with xplorer 3.0 on my pc
I don't know what this could mean

The cable in my xbox is a 40 pin one

Your cable should be an 80 wire.

Can you see the HDD in windows disk management? If so, format it one with ntsc/fat32. Disconnect the drive after taht reboot and connect the hdd again and see if FatXplorer can see youHDD now.

If that fails, check the hdd with crystaldiskinfo. If that fails als well, dig a tiny grave in your backyard for the HDD.