OGXbox.com

Xblast Lite in v1.0

Mave_rick

Hey guys, 

Happy near year, hope you all enjoyed some time off and got some gaming in!! 

I have a new xbox v1.0 that I have installed a Xblast Lite modchip with a 2Tb sata HDD, all is working OK I think.

But just confused as to the best bios to run on each of the banks, it has the 512kb and 256kb bank, correct? 

Also using the 2021 installer disk how do you chose which bank to flash a different bios onto? 

Cheers, 

Bryce

I would suggest the X2-5035.67 for the 512kb and the Ind5004.67 for the 256kb bank.

The Xblast Lite has it's own flash section and you can use the net flash option to flash the banks from your PC.

x2.5035.bin

iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin

You will also need the config files.

x2config.ini This is copied to E drive root directory

ind-bios.txt This is copied to C drive root directory

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I would suggest the X2-5035.67 for the 512kb and the Ind5004.67 for the 256kb bank.

Thanks so much, is the easiest way to ftp the bin files to the xbox and use the XblastOS to flash each of the banks from the files on the HDD? 

Also does each bios run the same dashboard in the same location? 

Cheers 

38 minutes ago, Mave_rick said:

Thanks so much, is the easiest way to ftp the bin files to the xbox and use the XblastOS to flash each of the banks from the files on the HDD? 

Also does each bios run the same dashboard in the same location? 

Cheers 

If you can FTP the bios files to the Xbox you can use the net flash option. If you are ftping the bios files make a directory on C drive called bios and put them there.

Both the config files can be edited with notepad to select what dash and location it looks for 1st.

Here is a example of the Ind config file for the default dash

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\1evoxdash.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\XBMC4Gamers\Default.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\EvolutionX\evoxdash.xbe
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe

Partition 2 is C drive and partition 1 is E drive

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Both the config files can be edited with notepad to select what dash and location it looks for 1st.

Sorry for the questions, I am just starting out, so still a n00b. 

Does it look for DASH1 first, then if it's not found, it moves to DASH2? 

So depending how I config those txt files, I could either have each bios running the same dashboard , or each bios has a different dashboard? 

15 minutes ago, Mave_rick said:

So depending how I config those txt files, I could either have each bios running the same dashboard , or each bios has a different dashboard? 

Yes, the dashes will be prioritized. You've got it.

As long as your dash settings are identical, they will share the dash. But you can load whatever dashes you want independently as long as your paths are right.

Edited by Bowlsnapper

1 hour ago, Mave_rick said:

Yes that is correct, so you could have the 512kb bios loading xbmc4gamers and the 256kb loading Emustation or they could both load the same dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks for all your guys help!! Both bios banks are now loading the EvoX dashboard. 

Another quick question, I had used the XblastOS and the dashboard settings to adjust the fan to 40% and it runs fast while in the dash, but as soon as a game loads (Halo 2) the fan reverts back to slow speeds. 

How do you make the fan speed permanent? Can it be editing in those txt documents? 

For the Ind bios look for ""FANSPEED=10            ;Fan Speed   10-50 = 20-100%                Default=10"" in the ind-bios.cfg file

And the X2 look for ""; speed of xbox fan, value 10 equals 20%, value 50 equals 100% fanSpeed = 15"" in the x2config.ini file

Save the config file to your PC edit the file then FTP back to he Xbox and reboot.

Cheers

SS Dave