My xbox keeps saying it can't recognize disc in a hard modded console and my softmod console I'm using dvd-r the brand is tdk 16+/120min/4.7GB it reads games no problem any suggestions or somewhere I can just bye a preloaded disc. 

What make of drives do you have, different makes prefer different brands of disk. Probably a good idea to open up the drives and clean the laser lense and see if that makes a difference.

It's a Philips drive I have a red evo x symbol on my chipped xbox so I think I soldered it properly. 

Edited by P7um
Not finished sentence properly

The chip isn’t the problem, it is you drive. If you do a google search there are a few lists out there for compatible disks for each drive. Do you have a desktop CD-ROM drive? You can use that for any blank disks by using a sata adapter. I would only use it to run hexen and then load games to your hdd via ftp.

Thanks just found the list I'm using tdk×16 speed I think I need a slower speed disc as I can't get my burner to do it slower thanks never knew about the list. 

I burned Hexen and Rocky5 tools on Princo 1-4x and 1-8x DVD-R white discs (quite bad quality discs, famous for non-reliability in time, I have then since more than 10 years) and in my 2 XBOXes, one with philips drive, the other with Samsung (if I remember well) drive, they got read without problems. If those drives can read Princo media without problems, they can read everything else I think.. 

Please note that with older DVD writers I can burn discs even to 1x, but using my current DVD burner the minimum speed I get using the 1-4x disc is 4x, using the 1-8x disc is 6x. Recent burners can't write DVD at lowest speeds, keep that in mind.

Sceriffo

On 8/25/2018 at 11:37 PM, Forlorn Penguin said:

It's right here on this website.

Thanks - My OG Xbox HDD decided to fail after one boot up, so back to the start for me (chutes and ladders anyone?).

Love the old XBOX.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chris5000
      Hi,
      I just replaced my Philips VAD6011/21 Disc Laser Lens with a Disc Laser Lens for Xbox SPU-3141 Philips Microsoft original from ZedLabz Please login or register to see this link.
      Unfortunately it is still not reading my xbox games discs.  I have the Rocky5 Softmod and it states a DVD drive status of "unknown".  It seems like I did it correctly and desoldered those two points on the new Disc Laser Lens.  Sometimes I will get the "Empty" status too.  
      I tried Pot tweaks on the old laser and then that helped for a very short time so I bought the new laser after it stopped working.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks!

• By the415giant
      I have a v1.0 original modded Xbox, it had an old Aladdin mod chip, I wanted to upgrade the hard drive and after doing some research I found out I can brick it by flashing a new bios. The bios is unknown but after running bios checker it reads I have a lpc sst49lf020, it boots up xecuter2 into an evolution x dashboard. If I use the hexen 2019 disc, what steps can I take after I install a larger hdd? I don’t need to clone it, I backed up everything using ftp, and I want a fresh install. Here are some images that may help...
      Thanks for your time. 
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By SS_Dave
      Why do people like the hexen disk?
      I have a version 1.4 xbox with a Open Xenium with a Ind-5004.67 bios and a X2-5035.137 bios and that's set as the default boot bios
      For the test install I used a  2 tb hard drive

1st load the hexen 2020 disk and cold boot.
      2nd use option 3 (TSOP Flashed,Modchiped)
      3rd use Option 3.5 (Chipped)
      4th option 3.5.3 (New disk NTSC) now enter a password (friggen stupid idea) now sit back and watch it install all sorts of files and folders including a folder called ''Delete Me "".  Let Xbpartitioner 1.3 do it job and now I can reboot the Xbox without Hexen and it boots to unleash dash.
      Ok I wan't XBMC so load Hexen disk and use Install Applications then install XBMC, More files been installed and more Delete Me  folder files!
      I also wanted XBMC4Gamers so I added that as as Application and the same Delete Me stuff.
      Reboot the Xbox without the Hexen disk and unleash opens now it now has a XBMC icon so press A to load XBMC and nothing it comes back to the unleash dash but it works if I run it from the apps folder and so does XBMC4Gamers.
      Now I really want XBMC4Gamers as the default dash so I loaded up the Hexen disk and used the option 5 Dashboard tools
      Then switch Switch dashboards option 5.1 and there  is no XBMC4Gamers but XBMC will do for now so I set that as the default dash on E drive(that's also where I installed XBMC and XBMC4Gamers)
      And now reboot the Xbox without the Hexen Disk and it now locks up after the boot animation.
      And using the IND bios is the same it locks up at the white IND bios screen.
      Ok so lets load the hexen disk again and set the dash back to Unleash and reboot it now will boot to Unleash again.
      The Hexen disk is now out on the road some where after it was as a frisbee out the door.

So now I load Slayer 2.7 and complete new large drive install and reboot 
      FTP XBMC4Gamers to E drive and also FTP Xbpartitioner 1.3 to E drive
      Open file explorer to run Xbpartitioner 1.3 and Format F and G drives to 926.78 gb each
      FTP back to the Xbox and edit the X2config file on E drive to set xbmc4gamers on the E drive as the 1st boot dash
      Now reboot the Xbox and now I have XBMC4Gamers as the default dash and can set about copying me games and the like across.

And this folks is why I love Hexen.

Cheers
      SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.