OGXbox.com

Hexen Disc

jayman99

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My xbox keeps saying it can't recognize disc in a hard modded console and my softmod console I'm using dvd-r the brand is tdk 16+/120min/4.7GB it reads games no problem any suggestions or somewhere I can just bye a preloaded disc. 

The chip isn’t the problem, it is you drive. If you do a google search there are a few lists out there for compatible disks for each drive. Do you have a desktop CD-ROM drive? You can use that for any blank disks by using a sata adapter. I would only use it to run hexen and then load games to your hdd via ftp.

• 8 months later...

I burned Hexen and Rocky5 tools on Princo 1-4x and 1-8x DVD-R white discs (quite bad quality discs, famous for non-reliability in time, I have then since more than 10 years) and in my 2 XBOXes, one with philips drive, the other with Samsung (if I remember well) drive, they got read without problems. If those drives can read Princo media without problems, they can read everything else I think.. 

Please note that with older DVD writers I can burn discs even to 1x, but using my current DVD burner the minimum speed I get using the 1-4x disc is 4x, using the 1-8x disc is 6x. Recent burners can't write DVD at lowest speeds, keep that in mind.

Sceriffo

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so b I know this is old and all but I recently installed an open xenium mod chip in my v1.6 xbox now I can't for the life of me figure out how to boot to my hexen disc to copy bios and what not this is my first chipped box I have had a lot of softmoded xboxs so any help would be awesome because my wife is getting  Impatient and is ready for me to put a copy of fable on here  so PLEASE HELP ME LOL THANK YOU TO ANY HELPERS :)

16 minutes ago, ninjamonks59 said:

Ok so b I know this is old and all but I recently installed an open xenium mod chip in my v1.6 xbox now I can't for the life of me figure out how to boot to my hexen disc to copy bios and what not this is my first chipped box I have had a lot of softmoded xboxs so any help would be awesome because my wife is getting  Impatient and is ready for me to put a copy of fable on here  so PLEASE HELP ME LOL THANK YOU TO ANY HELPERS :)

95% of Open Xenium sellers include at least 1 BIOS file on the chip to get you started.

What happens when you boot the Xbox without the Hexen disk in the drive?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I can make a usb to game port adaptor I tried putting a usb port in a memory card slot but the flash drive I put in it is fat 32 and if I hit add new item and go to flash the usb doesn't show up so should I just get a pack of cds tomorrow or should I make the usb to game port and thank you so very much for the help im building this for my mom for Christmas so im waiting on a ide to sata adaptor to put a 1000gb hdd in it

The USB can be any small size and if you put a bios file on it then connect to your Xbox

Boot the Xbox with the eject button

Select the launch menu

Select add new item

Select Flash

Select the drive letter above the X,Y,Z drive (on mine it's H ) and click in the bios file that you copied to the USB then name it and click Done

You should be right from there

It's the same if the BIOS file is on a CD,you select drive D.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.