OGXbox.com

BOOT LOOP (MODDED XBOX)

llcgrizzly

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on reddit, I've got an original Xbox that I bought already modded.

I believe there's an issue with the boot process, its very temperamental. As you can see in the video it boots up and then almost instantly will shut off. Sometimes if i push the eject button twice rapidly and turn it off it'll turn on next time correctly and boot up.

Note: Clock capacity has been removed and board has been extensively cleaned, I've tried a different power supply from a working XBOX also, that didn't work either. I'm pretty certain its a 1.2 revision. Its chipped with a SST clip.

Was wondering if anyone has encounter this issue??

UPDATE:

Turned XBOX on,

Reboots 3 times, on last reboot the LED blinks green, the disc tray button works but the tray doesn't eject. However if i rapidly press the eject button 3 times and turn it off it fixes the issue, the next time i powered on it worked.... Really odd.

Nothing shows on screen during any of this either. Once the xbox is powered up everything works perfectly including the disc tray.

1 hour ago, llcgrizzly said:

Nothing, goes into it's boot loop, I tried pressing the eject button 3 times rapdibly again, only this time it didn't solve the issue. 

Keeping in mind once it boots correctly I have no issues with it what so ever 

When it does boot up, what is the kernel version of the modded BIOS that loads from the modchip?

Which replacement dashboard is being used?

On 12/28/2021 at 1:59 PM, llcgrizzly said:

Nothing, goes into it's boot loop, I tried pressing the eject button 3 times rapdibly again, only this time it didn't solve the issue. 

Keeping in mind once it boots correctly I have no issues with it what so ever 

What happens if you try and boot the Xbox with the HDD disconnect? does it go straight to a error screen?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you try and boot the Xbox with the HDD disconnect? does it go straight to a error screen?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Goes into the same bootloop, nothing show on screen. It's very weird, once I get it to switch on correctly I can turn it on and off multiple times and it works fine. It's when I turn it off from the wall out let and on again or when it's left off got a while when the boot issue starts 

On 12/28/2021 at 3:39 PM, KaosEngineer said:

When it does boot up, what is the kernel version of the modded BIOS that loads from the modchip?

Which replacement dashboard is being used?

It's running xbmc. When I view the basic information through xbmc is says the build number is 1.0.4983.6 and the build is 1.1.0

Hope this helps

33 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

On closer inspection some (yellow squares) of the solder joints look suspect.

I would resolder all the joints in the black box

IMG20211207123.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

I'll do my best, not very experienced with solider work. How does the close up photo look?? 

Compress_20211230_134650_0938.jpg

The bottom left is a little bit suspect but put the Xbox drives back in and what happens will it boot from the HDD and will it cold boot (have the disk in the DVD drive and power off and on the Xbox) a install disk?

Cheers

SS Dave

52 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The bottom left is a little bit suspect but put the Xbox drives back in and what happens will it boot from the HDD and will it cold boot (have the disk in the DVD drive and power off and on the Xbox) a install disk?

Cheers

SS Dave

Whats an install disc?? I don't think I have one of those. 

12 hours ago, llcgrizzly said:

Whats an install disc?? I don't think I have one of those. 

A disk like OXbox 2021 installer, HeXen 2021.

It's a disk that contains everything that's need to make new hard drive on you Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...