OGXbox.com

Help With Ftp To Xbox

yeseye

Hello All

I have a x3 modded v1.2 xbox that i have upgraded with a 2tb drive. I am trying to ftp games to it but after a while it will stop and give me errors like file not found using flashfxp or filezilla. I have tried with static ip and dchp also with

router and direct using (crossover cable) from my pc and a laptop. The process gets to a certain point then errors, i've been trying for days with no luck. any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks

15 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Your HDD may not be properly formatted.  

How much data have you written to the F and / or G drives?  If over 512GB's and it errs, the wrong cluster is in use.

Run XBPartitioner and make sure it does not display "ER" next to the two extended partition sizes.

5b805f6c42b12_XBPartitionerv1.3PartitionListERAreaRedOutline.png.22d105275cc93e9e5f9556c68db73938.png
ER printed in the RED outlined area is BAD!

Thanks for the reply. Using XBpartitioner 1.3 i cannot format the drive properly  i always get ER on G partition (7).. I have tried using two different 2tb drives. I have also tried formatting only F drive (so all space to F) and still ER error. Not sure what to do next?..

For a 2TB drive you cannot do F up to 137GB and G the reset.  Even with 64KB cluster allocations, the maximum size any partition can be is 1TB; thus, the equally sized split.

Verify that the bottom status message area shows "Will use 64KB cluster" for each extended partition before you execute the "Write table & Format" operation.

The White button cycles through the list of all possible operations that can be executed:

• Write Table & Format
  • Write Table
  • Format (nnk clusters)

After the operation you want to perform is displayed in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, in most cases Write Table & Format, press the Start button to execute it.

XBP's Partition Settings

Press the A button to cycle through the typical setups.  One setup should display equally sized partitions for 6 and 7 - both 927.78GBs.  Next, use the D-pad to highlight partition 6 then 7. The bottom status box should show on the right-hand side "Will use 64 KB clusters".  Finally, press the Start button to format the extended partitions.

I think it will format both 6 and 7.  It may only do one and you'll have to go back and format the other to get the ER to go away.  After formatting both extended partitions.  Exit the program by pressing Back and any key other than Start.

Edited by KaosEngineer

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

For a 2TB drive you cannot do F up to 137GB and G the reset.  Even with 64KB cluster allocations, the maximum size any partition can be is 1TB; thus, the equally sized split.

Verify that the bottom status message area shows "Will use 64KB cluster" for each extended partition before you execute the "Write table & Format" operation.

The White button cycles through the list of all possible operations that can be executed:

• Write Table & Format
  • Write Table
  • Format (nnk clusters)

After the operation you want to perform is displayed in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, in most cases Write Table & Format, press the Start button to execute it.

XBP's Partition Settings

Press the A button to cycle through the typical setups.  One setup should display equally sized partitions for 6 and 7 - both 927.78GBs.  Next, use the D-pad to highlight partition 6 then 7. The bottom status box should show on the right-hand side "Will use 64 KB clusters".  Finally, press the Start button to format the extended partitions.

I think it will format both 6 and 7.  It may only do one and you'll have to go back and format the other to get the ER to go away.  After formatting both extended partitions.  Exit the program by pressing Back and any key other than Start.

Hello KaosEngineer

Thank you for your response I have tried your suggestions above but always get ER error no matter how i try to partition the drive.  However saying that i have now tried using chimp and so far so good (format and partitioned the drive with no errors), now to ftp games and stuff over and see if all is ok.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Run XBPartitioner to verify that both partition 6 and 7 are using 64KB clusters - no ERs displayed. Then, exit the XBPartitioner app.

after using chimp all is good. clusters showing correctly no ER errors thanks.

So i have another update. I have transfered games over to my xbox and also premium ninja massive without issue. yesterday i was trying to ftp over coinops 8 massive, and it

started to give me file not found errors even though it is there.. my partitions are f+g formated showing 16KB clusters on f: and 64KB clusters on g: in XBPatitioner. What am i doing wrong? I have downloaded coinops 8 massive from a different source and will try again but i'm not sure if its a waste of time. Anyone got any thoughts??

Thanks