OGXbox.com

OGXbox or similar, shipped to the UK

aloe

Hi folks, I'm after some kind of wireless pad adapter for the original Xbox. Ideally for two or more pads.

Hoping for a UK seller due to the inordinate cost of shipping right now, but if you know a cheap way of shipping internationally to the UK (reasonably fast, so not including months-long SAL shipping) then I'd be happy with that too.

Cheers, and happy holidays!

Search for sellers of an OGX360 it allows wireless Xbox360 controllers to be used with the original Xbox.

It does require an Xbox360 wireless to USB adapter plugged into the OGX360 to receive the wireless controller signals.

See the developer's open-source repository - https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360/

You could build your own OGX360.

There's also an ogx360 on Kitspace project web page.

There's an eBay listing that states shipped from Italy on this page:

ogx360 | eBay

Edit: For each of the Xbox controller ports to be used, you'll need one per each port of the Xbox controller to micro-USB cables listed on that page too.

I don't think the OGX360 listed there includes any of the cables to connect it to the ogXbox. Oh wait, it does come with 4 of these cables and a case in one of 4 different colors.

Translated the text of the listing (Ogx360 Xbox Classic 4 Gamepad Wireless | eBay😞

OGX-360 Xbox Classic 4 Wireless Gamepad
Latest firmware available 2.1.
Interface to play on the old xbox with wireless gamepads xbox 360, ps4 xbox one and others.
Complete with 4 cables to connect it to the xbox ports to use up to 4 wireless gamepads
Shipped worldwide by express courier.
I do not issue an invoice
Sale between private individuals.

Colors available:

• Transparent green
  • Light green
  • Transparent
  • Black

Request color after purchase via message

Note: An Xbox 360 wireless receiver is still required.

Here's another option:

Wingman XB | Brook Gaming - Official Brook Gaming Store (brookaccessory.com)

I don't know if they have local shipping from in the UK.

Edit: You'll also need an original Xbox controller port to female USB cable.

Edit2: Oops, this one's for for wired not wireless controllers.

Edit3: Oh, with the Xbox 360 wireless receiver just like with the OGX360, you can use wireless Xbox 360 controllers with the original Xbox.

Thanks for taking the time here, mate! Much appreciated.

I'd read about OGX360 but couldn't find an affordable way of getting one (hence asking here, really). The modded Xbox (with two pads and a dozen original games) cost me less than half of what that OGX360 from the Spanish ebayer would cost, for example, and that just seems wrong.

I did also see the same kitspace link. I'm ok at soldering but SMD resistors and caps are pushing my abilities, and that USB host chip looks like a nightmare. I'll leave that stuff to the pros.

So I've gone with the Wingman, if nothing else I can reuse it elsewhere later. I was a little concerned that I'd only seen rumours that it supports the OG Xbox, with no official word on their site, but I can see on the Amazon listing that they have updated it. I have a knock-off 360 adapter from 2010 or so, fingers crossed it's close enough - if anyone knows otherwise, I'd like to know in advance.

• Like 1

I don't own one of the Wingman XB adapters. However, I don't think it supports multiple controllers through one adapter.  One Wingman XB and Xbox 360 wireless receiver will be required for each port to use a controller on.  However, since I don't own one, I can't be 100% certain about that statement.  Contact www.BrookAccessory.com for clarification - [email protected].

Edit: They do have more information about the adapter along with manual and firmware download links on this web page:

Wingman XB - Brook Gaming (brookaccessory.com)

If it's only the one pad supported, that's ok for now. Mates will have to put up with a wire.

I assume sooner or later someone (probably in China) will start kicking out OGX360s for a more sensible price - as far as I can see there's nothing that warrants the £100+ cost, it's just a case of nobody making them. If the work wasn't so fiddly I'd consider kicking out a few myself.