OGXbox.com

Places to buy 220V Powersupply for a V1.3 Xbox (My new venture in xbox repair/restoration)

Sultanpepper

Hello everyone,

I love buying broken electronics and fix them as a hobby, last week i came across 3 xbox consoles ( V1.0 , V1.3 & V1.6 ) . I've never owned an xbox so i'm currently taking my time in learning as much as possible as i go through the repair/restorations, any comments or critiques are very much welcome. Just a FYI below are the status of each model i got,

1. Xbox Version 1.0 : Alot of Clock capacitor leak and very bad corrosion (i'll put a picture of the damage) the xbox was cleaned with contact cleaner and some vinegar as well and used a soft tooth brush, but the are above the clock capacitor is very well much gone and will need to be wired manually , also i can see two resistors non existent (picture incoming later) ; as a result this unit does not even power on at all , my guess is the power or eject button traces going up to the PIC microcontroller are broken i'll check it. 

2. Xbox Version 1.3: This one is a USA model (110V) but where i live Mains is 220V so the power supply needs to be replaced with another PAL equivalent ( I'll post pictures later). Clock capcaitor leaked but the damage was not that bad like the V1.0 , all cleaned up . also the 3300uF caps were bulged so i replaced them. ( SIde note : This one is working with a transformer 220V-->110V but obviously I prefer to make it less clunky . I would really appreciate if someone would kindly lead me in the right direction as where can i find 220V power supplies for this model, much appreciated.

3. Xbox Version 1.6: This one had no screws whatsoever , the HDD in it is 80GB i doubt this is stock. The Xbox starts up but gives an error 06 which i believe means the HDD is not married correctly with the xbox so i ordered an aladdin XT to fix this problem ( I think that is the way to go ).    

Note : All the above CPU and GPU were repasted with a fresh new thermal paste.

Please let me know if there are missing information, I'll update this post if needed.

BR

Edited by Sultanpepper

ebay.fr

Find a Delta DPSN-96BP-1 220VAC input power supply.   -1 at the end of the model number indicates that it is a 220VAC input PSU for the Xbox. I'm not sure why all the listings I find there are for U.S. model PSUs.

Foxlink also made an EU 220VAC in PSU for the Xbox.  Take a look at the table included in the following thread on reddit.com for the model numbers of EU compatible PSUs for your particular Xbox revision.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

ebay.fr

Find a Delta DPSN-96BP-1 220VAC input power supply.   -1 at the end of the model number indicates that it is a 220VAC input PSU for the Xbox. I'm not sure why all the listings I find there are for U.S. model PSUs.

Foxlink also made an EU 220VAC in PSU for the Xbox.  Take a look at the table included in the following thread on reddit.com for the model numbers of EU compatible PSUs for your particular Xbox revision.

Thank you sir for sharing a comprehensive guide really appreciate it. Also while we're at it, what do you think of those after market universal power supplies which have a toggle switch ?

Source https://www.mygameparts.com/collections/original-xbox-first-generation-parts-accessories/products/new-xbox-power-supply-universal-1-0-1-6

BR

9 hours ago, Sultanpepper said:

Thank you sir for sharing a comprehensive guide really appreciate it. Also while we're at it, what do you think of those after market universal power supplies which have a toggle switch ?

Source https://www.mygameparts.com/collections/original-xbox-first-generation-parts-accessories/products/new-xbox-power-supply-universal-1-0-1-6

BR

I'm not familiar with this ogXbox power supply to say anything good or bad about it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sultanpepper said:

BR

I have one like that and the only problem was the interference it made to radio near by.

I also have a PSU that came from china that was made for versions 1.0-1.4  and has a input voltage of 100 - 240 volt and in my view that's how M$ should have made them in the 1st place.

For-xbox-Item-NO-PXB005.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

I have one like that and the only problem was the interference it made to radio near by.

I also have a PSU that came from china that was made for versions 1.0-1.4  and has a input voltage of 100 - 240 volt and in my view that's how M$ should have made them in the 1st place.

For-xbox-Item-NO-PXB005.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. By any chance would you be able to share with me where can I buy one of those universal xbox power supplies ? , the website i've linked above seems to be of bad reputation so I think I'll stay away from this one.

BR

9 hours ago, Sultanpepper said:

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. By any chance would you be able to share with me where can I buy one of those universal xbox power supplies ? , the website i've linked above seems to be of bad reputation so I think I'll stay away from this one.

The only place that used to sell them was AliExpress but it looks like it may no longer be available

I did a quick search for Item NO. pxb005  xbox power supply  and it was listed as a Xbox 360 supply but if you find a seller let me know.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

A quick followup for the project,

1. Xbox Version 1.0 : Turns out the previous owner got a US (110V) and plugged it in and kaboom so power supply is gone , So yesterday i brought out a pc ATX powersupply and wired up with a small circuit to handle all the powering and voila ! its working. So i ordered a replacement V1.6 as i couldnt find one v1.0 powersupplies anymore , will need to change the output ATX cable (double column -> single column) and add a voltage regulator for standby (5V->3.3V).

2. Xbox Version 1.3: Ordered a compatible power supply DPSN-96DP-1 , will test when it arrives

3. Xbox Version 1.6: Ordered an aladdin XT modchip , in general this one is already working but has the error 06 , this can wait, the other above i'm more interesting in fixing.

I hunted down for European models for my V1.0 , V1.3 (220V) on ebay as they periodically come up . The universal power supply seems to be extinct even on Chinese sites so I've given up .

BR

Edited by Sultanpepper

Just an update to whoever stumbles upon this thread with a similar problem of not being able to replace theirs with a compatible PSU, The USA (110) PSU was repaired and successfully converted to 220V (EU) and now the v1.0 xbox is now working !! , here is what happened,

1. Changed Filter caps to 330uF 250V 

2. Changed Z1 and Z2 with 10D431K 275VAC Varistors

3. Removed J11 (was under on of the big filter caps).

4. Replaced the slow blow fuse ( it was blown ).

and voila ! , Thanks to SS_Dave for sharing his knowledge and and for being patient with me.

BR

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2021 at 7:13 AM, Sultanpepper said:

Just an update to whoever stumbles upon this thread with a similar problem of not being able to replace theirs with a compatible PSU, The USA (110) PSU was repaired and successfully converted to 220V (EU) and now the v1.0 xbox is now working !! , here is what happened,

1. Changed Filter caps to 330uF 250V 

2. Changed Z1 and Z2 with 10D431K 275VAC Varistors

3. Removed J11 (was under on of the big filter caps).

4. Replaced the slow blow fuse ( it was blown ).

and voila ! , Thanks to SS_Dave for sharing his knowledge and and for being patient with me.

BR

which brand and model is the power supply that you converted from 120 to 240VAC operation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...