Well the “Xbox artwork installer” is out, although it’s only on my downloader that comes with XBMC-Emustation and XBMC4Gamers.

Currently prebuilt is 1072 Games with full artwork and synopsis information.

There is more artwork done but that’s for specials and homebrew/emulators eg... these aren’t part of the installer. But you can download and manually install them from the github link below.

Also a big thanks to everyone who scanned the disc and sleeves of all the Xbox games over at Emuxtras.

If you want to make your own artwork or manually install the artwork you can get everything you need here.
Please login or register to see this link.

Full artwork source, 23.1GB worth so it’s big :eek:

Here is a preview of said artwork prebuilt ready for the Xbox.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Does this scan for the games you have?

Trying to figure out how it works. I used URLdownloader and it downloaded and unzipped. I went under settings and found what appears to be how to launch the script but nothing happens when I select it.

Edited by SiliconeClone

Make sure you have 500MB free not sure if the install would fail if there isn’t. 

Wonce its extracted you run the script from the skin settings menu or if using emustation, it’s in the other settings menu.  

It looks extracted properly. If I go to the folder I see three folders (Custom, JPN, NTSC) and inside those are the various art resources.

Starting the script by going to Skin Settings however is the part that seems to be doing nothing for me. Should it have a status window like the other scripts? Or does it run everything in the background?

I suppose once the art is extracted I could just move them to the game folders manually.

I try running this from the XBMC-Emustation menus, but it cant find the scripts, I get 

Python script "Q:\system\scripts\Xbox Artwork Installer\default.py" does not exist

is there a separate download for this?

Sort of figured out my issue. My C partition does indeed have no more room. Unfortunately I can not change that without redoing the entire harddrive.

For now I will just delete what the zip did manage to extract and do it the old fashion way lol.

Thanks!

EDIT: Going to check out the urldownloader script and see if I can just change download and extract location to better suit the usage.

Edited by SiliconeClone

6 hours ago, SiliconeClone said:

Sort of figured out my issue. My C partition does indeed have no more room. Unfortunately I can not change that without redoing the entire harddrive.

For now I will just delete what the zip did manage to extract and do it the old fashion way lol.

Thanks!

EDIT: Going to check out the urldownloader script and see if I can just change download and extract location to better suit the usage.

Or just move your dashboard out of C 🙄 you don’t need to redo the whole HDD.

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I need some help with the artwork in XBMC4Gamers. I downloaded the artwork installer via URLdownloader, and ran the script. It successfully found my games, and appeared to be processing the artwork, but I still have the old blocky artwork showing. I tried restarting the Xbox, but have the same issue. Is there something I'm missing, or an option that I need to enable?

4 hours ago, Prodigy83 said:

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I need some help with the artwork in XBMC4Gamers. I downloaded the artwork installer via URLdownloader, and ran the script. It successfully found my games, and appeared to be processing the artwork, but I still have the old blocky artwork showing. I tried restarting the Xbox, but have the same issue. Is there something I'm missing, or an option that I need to enable?

You probably need to enable Synopsis mode.  Press UP on the DPAD and Press Right twice to select enable/disable synopsis.

• Like 1