OGXbox.com

(Release) XBox Artwork Installer [23.1GB ARTWORK ARCHIVE NO LONGER AVAILABLE]

Rocky5

On 1/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, RetroEmulationNation said:

I have all the artwork and files and whatnot archived in my OneDrive repository at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao7Z5kIDEKUmguAP8ELOjH_Pf6PCDw in the "Artwork" folder

It's not compatible with the downloader baked into XBMC4Gamers though... I manually upload the artwork files to my Xbox via FTP

I am more than happy to give up some space in my OneDrive if someone can let me know what needs to be done to make it compatible with XBMC4Gamers

thank u for this! is there a quick way to download this? onedrive downloads are always slow for me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just TSOP flashed my xbox and used OGXbox installer to set up a new HDD, FTPed everything over.  Everything is great and the guides on this forum work really well - thank you all.  I have one problem and that is using XBMX4Gamers to download the Art Installer, I've been trying for weeks now, different times of the day etc, however I'm always greeted with the error that Google Drive might have exceeded it's quota and try again in a few hours.  I've tried so many times now, is there another way?

2 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

Hi,

I've just TSOP flashed my xbox and used OGXbox installer to set up a new HDD, FTPed everything over.  Everything is great and the guides on this forum work really well - thank you all.  I have one problem and that is using XBMX4Gamers to download the Art Installer, I've been trying for weeks now, different times of the day etc, however I'm always greeted with the error that Google Drive might have exceeded it's quota and try again in a few hours.  I've tried so many times now, is there another way?

Yes.  Rocky5 posted that google seems to have made a change to how files get downloaded and its causing a problem with that file.

He posted a link to download it directly. Extract its content then FTP install it to your console's hard drive.  It is a separate Application that you run.

Xbox Artwork Installer.zip - Google Drive

• Like 1

First of all thank you!, for all your hard work and contributions to the gaming community. Lastly how do I install this and where do I place it!?, that’s if you have spare time and thank you once again. Been having issue downloading it’s from downloader via Ethernet through Xbox. Keeps telling me to try again in a few hrs!.

6 hours ago, Susan said:

First of all thank you!, for all your hard work and contributions to the gaming community. Lastly how do I install this and where do I place it!?, that’s if you have spare time and thank you once again. Been having issue downloading it’s from downloader via Ethernet through Xbox. Keeps telling me to try again in a few hrs!.

I believe you can install it as an Application on the Xbox wherever you have freespace to install it (e.g, E:\Apps\Xbox Artwork Installer, F:\Apps\Xbox Artwork Installer).

XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation look for it by accessing data it stores in E:\UDATA\09999993\location.bin\settings.ini.

Edit: Rocky5 (aka JCRocky5 on reddit.com) posted here that he has released an updated URLDownloader.  Google changed the URLs needed for it download files.

Run XBMC4Gamers and/or XBMC-Emustation and see if it finds and installs an updated version of the URLDownloader when you try to use it.

• 4 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 7:40 PM, Rocky5 said:

Well the “Xbox artwork installer” is out, although it’s only on my downloader that comes with XBMC-Emustation and XBMC4Gamers.

Currently prebuilt is 1072 Games with full artwork and synopsis information.

There is more artwork done but that’s for specials and homebrew/emulators eg... these aren’t part of the installer. But you can download and manually install them from the github link below.

Also a big thanks to everyone who scanned the disc and sleeves of all the Xbox games over at Emuxtras.

If you want to make your own artwork or manually install the artwork you can get everything you need here.
Link: XBMC4Gamers Artwork Github

Full artwork source, 23.1GB worth so it’s big :eek: (removed, as to many downloads effect downloader and all files on this account)
Link: Full Artwork Source Google Drive (23.1GB)

Here is a preview of said artwork prebuilt ready for the Xbox.
Link: 007 - From Russia With Love

Hello, I wanted to ask about the possibility of re-inserting the link
Link: Full Artwork Source Google Drive (23.1GB)
because it probably does not work because after clicking I go back to the main page
and ask about retroarch covers, icons, backgrounds for xbox classic i can't find anywhere !!
I have origins fully loaded 2TB I hope it doesn't matter? thanks

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Yes.  Rocky5 posted that google seems to have made a change to how files get downloaded and its causing a problem with that file.

He posted a link to download it directly. Extract its content then FTP install it to your console's hard drive.  It is a separate Application that you run.

Xbox Artwork Installer.zip - Google Drive

is this the same thing that gets installed when using the url downloader in xbmc4gamers?

10 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

is this the same thing that gets installed when using the url downloader in xbmc4gamers?

What thing?

The entire artwork set with original images is no longer accessible - the 23.1GB file or set of files. ( I never downloaded it when it was original available. :( )  Only the images made for XBMC4Gamers to install as game resources to the Xbox is downloaded with its URLDownloader app.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 2:06 AM, RetroEmulationNation said:

I have all the artwork and files and whatnot archived in my OneDrive repository at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao7Z5kIDEKUmguAP8ELOjH_Pf6PCDw in the "Artwork" folder

It's not compatible with the downloader baked into XBMC4Gamers though... I manually upload the artwork files to my Xbox via FTP

I am more than happy to give up some space in my OneDrive if someone can let me know what needs to be done to make it compatible with XBMC4Gamers

If I FTP these files to APPS in my E drive and run the script from XBMC4Gamers is that the same as is described elsewhere in this thread using the urldownloader? I have about 8GB from your link but can see mention of the original files that were removed being 23GB...

Excellent work. Further to my last post I managed to install through ethernet connection and urldownloader, dead simple. Thanks to everybody who has put their time and effort into this. My one rereservation about a modded system was the front end presentation and now, with this dash and artwork...it's just amazing.

Some boxes don't have the specific region artwork I remember, I might look at changing that...

Is that easy to find with filemanager? Maybe dragging and dropping from Filezilla? Any pointers to specific box art setting and adjustments would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi everyone...

I am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice:

I seem to have successfully run Xbox Artwork Installer but the box artwork itself is not visible in XBMC4Gamers... I still have the old thumbnails.

I have run both the auto and manual modes, and it seemingly goes through OK, identifying each game title on my F: drive (Xbox Artwork Installer and XBMC4Gamers dash are on E:), and then says successful at the end.  It does spend a moment creating a Missing Files.zip, however I have examined this zip file and it seems to only include a few emulators like CoinOps6.  Weirdly, I think my default dash (UnleashX) IS recognising the artwork, as it seems to show the box art (albeit truncated to fit a square frame) where I don't think it did before.  So I think for all intents and purposes it has worked to download the artwork, but for whatever reason XBMC4Gamers is not recognising them.

I think my Xbox is hardmodded and is a 1.2 system.  I only recently bought it second hand.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, Clemery said:

Hi everyone...

I am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice:

I seem to have successfully run Xbox Artwork Installer but the box artwork itself is not visible in XBMC4Gamers... I still have the old thumbnails.

I have run both the auto and manual modes, and it seemingly goes through OK, identifying each game title on my F: drive (Xbox Artwork Installer and XBMC4Gamers dash are on E:), and then says successful at the end.  It does spend a moment creating a Missing Files.zip, however I have examined this zip file and it seems to only include a few emulators like CoinOps6.  Weirdly, I think my default dash (UnleashX) IS recognising the artwork, as it seems to show the box art (albeit truncated to fit a square frame) where I don't think it did before.  So I think for all intents and purposes it has worked to download the artwork, but for whatever reason XBMC4Gamers is not recognising them.

I think my Xbox is hardmodded and is a 1.2 system.  I only recently bought it second hand.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Look in the Q:\System\UserData\thumbnails\ folder. 

Is there a Games subfolder?  If so, delete its content then restart the app.

Edit: If that doesn't work. I found an old reddit post by Rocky5 stating to:

• Enable the resources mode under the view options menu.

How-to Enable Resources Mode

Excerpt from Cian Cunningham's XBMC4Gamers User Manual v1.1 (pg. 28):

View Options

Press ‘up’ on the coverflow and go to the ‘View Options’ tab. Enable Resources here (far right icon). This will ensure when the Xbox Artwork is installed that the dashboard uses all of the images.

The source images is only available to specific people who are working on artwork or are close friends. 

24+ GB hammers my daily quota on google drive, so if someone downloads that none of the downloader stuff will work. So I removed the link along time again so people can use the downloader. 

If someone wants to pay me a few hundred quid every years to get a site to host this stuff on then thank you 😂 but otherwise it’s google drive only. 

Though I have migrated to a new google drive, but currently that’s not live, am hoping this one’s limits are a lot higher. (Fingers crossed, but I will need to test this)

Edited by Rocky5

1 hour ago, Rocky5 said:

The source images is only available to specific people who are working on artwork or are close friends. 

24+ GB hammers my daily quota on google drive, so if someone downloads that none of the downloader stuff will work. So I removed the link along time again so people can use the downloader. 

If someone wants to pay me a few hundred quid every years to get a site to host this stuff on then thank you 😂 but otherwise it’s google drive only. 

Though I have migrated to a new google drive, but currently that’s not live, am hoping this one’s limits are a lot higher. (Fingers crossed, but I will need to test this)

https://myrient.erista.me/

you may try this

Do NTSC covers on FIFA games don't bother you? FIFA SOCCER, IT'S FOOOTBAAAL. :)

I tried using GIMP for cutting covers, and it works pretty good, need to lear to create premade step equivalents for GIMP.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Look in the Q:\System\UserData\thumbnails\ folder. 

Is there a Games subfolder?  If so, delete its content then restart the app.

Edit: If that doesn't work. I found an old reddit post by Rocky5 stating to:

• Enable the resources mode under the view options menu.

How-to Enable Resources Mode

Excerpt from Cian Cunningham's XBMC4Gamers User Manual v1.1 (pg. 28):

I can't believe it was that simple!  I just had to enable resources... thanks so much for the tips!

I don't have a Q: drive... not sure if that's weird, but I'm not too fussed since I now have my artwork and layout as I want it, so thanks again. :) 

17 minutes ago, Clemery said:

I don't have a Q: drive... not sure if that's weird, but I'm not too fussed since I now have my artwork and layout as I want it, so thanks again. :)

Q will only be present when XBMC4Xbox or one of its variants - XBMC4Gamers, XBMC-Emustation, etc. - is running.

If you are running UnleashX or any other none XBMC-based replacement dashboard, it will not be there.