OGXbox.com

Two Xbox Death, Frags Why ?

monblondero

Hello,
I have two xboxes, version 1.2 and 1.4 in both of them after the start Frag.
They do not have a tsop. In one there was a chip for a spider web with cromwell, I soldered the chip and the console got Frag.
In the second one, however, it worked but after replacing the past, it stopped competing.
I tried to run both aladdin but it does not help,
any ideas ?

So you have 2 consoles

• 1.2 - no modchip installed - resets a couple times then flashes red/green with no video out.
  • 1.4 - same

Is the D0 point permanently grounded by soldering a wire from it to a ground point on the motherboard, no connection was made to modchip's D0 pad?

--
KaosEngineer

Edited by KaosEngineer

Whether with a chip or without consoles have a frag. There were no tsop mods.
One at the beginning after the purchase had a frag, after the next switch-on, but at the next attempt again frag.
The second one had the cromwell chip loaded, there was no dash, I removed the chip made on the spider web and the phage appeared. I suspect that the problem lies on the side of the tsop load?
I installed the aladdin for the second console, but the console was not started by the black screen.

If a system is softmodded and a modchip is installed the result is generally a black screen after startup.  

Fix: Remove the softmod files from the HDD by rebuilding the C drive with a clean MSDASH file set.

Cromwell is a BIOS, not a Modchip

Cromwell is a BIOS that can be flashed to most any modchip. To ID the modchip, you'd have to open the case up and take a look at it. Find a picture of a known modchip that matches or read the modchip name from the circuit board or component with such labeling.

The Cromwell BIOS is not capable of loading a replacement dashboard.  Its purpose is to boot Linux or reflash the modchip with a modified/hacked BIOS that can.

FRAG with or without Modchip

If a system FRAGs with the modchip enabled or disabled (which includes uninstalled) there's a problem with some major section of the console.

Edited by KaosEngineer