OGXbox.com

Reflashing a corrupt bios for the Original Xbox?

iVirtualZero

Hi i have a Xbox 1.0 with a corrupt bios and i discovered that the TSOP mod wasn’t done before i flashed it and ended up corrupting the bios. I tried the 3 wire trick and that didn’t work and can’t seem to find any bios reflash settings on the Open Xenium mod chip. So that really only leaves me with flashing a new chip and soldering it in. Is that the only option i have?  

Edited by iVirtualZero

7 hours ago, iVirtualZero said:

Hi i have a Xbox 1.0 with a corrupt bios and i discovered that the TSOP mod wasn’t done before i flashed it and ended up corrupting the bios. I tried the 3 wire trick and that didn’t work and can’t seem to find any bios reflash settings on the Open Xenium mod chip. So that really only leaves me with flashing a new chip and soldering it in. Is that the only option i have?  

Don't understand what you were trying to do.  You have a modchip installed so why were you trying to flash the TSOP?

What software were you using to flash the TSOP?  

Had you booted the console with a BIOS from the TSOP? 

If so, the TSOP cannot be flashed.  The MCPX disables access to the on-board flash memory chip (TSOP).

5 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So you have an OpenXenium in your XBox and tried do TSOP at the same time?

Does your XBox boot to to the OpenXenium menu when you power up your XBox?

No had no modchip and forgot to do a TSOP mod before reflashing and then my Xbox starting fragging before installing a modchip to bypass that issue. I just want to fix the corrupt bios. But can’t boot without a modchip. 

Edited by iVirtualZero

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Don't understand what you were trying to do.  You have a modchip installed so why were you trying to flash the TSOP?

What software were you using to flash the TSOP?  

Had you booted the console with a BIOS from the TSOP? 

If so, the TSOP cannot be flashed.  The MCPX disables access to the on-board flash memory chip (TSOP).

I had no modchip. I first tried to TSOP my Xbox using Hexen, i forgot to do the TSOP since i mixed it up for another Xbox i TSOP modded. I then installed a modchip to bypass the Frag caused by the corrupt bios and i want to restore that bios so i can also restore the MS Dash.

Edited by iVirtualZero

As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) the OpenXenium didn't offer a recovery function for the TSOP like the XBlast Chip does. And because HeXEn uses a evox m8+ plus bios to flash the TSOP you would not be able to recover the bad flash at all using either of the chips. The recovery funtion of the XBlast (XBLastOS) need working parts of the evox bios of the TSOP. And the recovery bios is made of an m7 which is not compatible with the m8/m8+ bootloader.

So your only chance to maybe recover that TSOP is to unsolder the chip and flash it using an external flasher.

You don't need a new chip in the first place. First of you need a programmer with an adapter for the TSOP. After that you can see if you are able to reflash the bad. Only if that fails you would need a new chip.

And I can't recommend any programmer, at least no cheap one. I have an TL866 II Programmer (which also has it's own software) but that would be way to expensive just to reflash one chip. But I think someone else can recommend you a cheap programmer which you can use.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You don't need a new chip in the first place. First of you need a programmer with an adapter for the TSOP. After that you can see if you are able to reflash the bad. Only if that fails you would need a new chip.

And I can't recommend any programmer, at least no cheap one. I have an TL866 II Programmer (which also has it's own software) but that would be way to expensive just to reflash one chip. But I think someone else can recommend you a cheap programmer which you can use.

Is there any cheaper programmers? Or can i solder some wires from the motherboard to a pc to reflash the bios?