OGXbox.com

Second broken ogx360 what am i doing wrong?

4PlayCoOp

Ok I admit I am not a pro modder. Really only started learning stuff.

I purchased an already modded OG xbox. Works great but i really wanted to use a wheel and arcade joysticks with soo many games. Found the OGx360 device and bought the 4 controller capable one.

Plugged it in with a usb 4 port hub into the ogx360 and viola i had: an xbox 360 corded controller, a race wheel with pedals, and an arcade joystick 2 player board. I was able to turn off which controller i didnt need using the hub. Was soo happy!

It worked for about a day... Some reason the controllers all stopped being seen by the xbox. Troubleshooting Tried just 360 corded controller plugged into the ogx360 and it blinks one time does not show the lit up for player number. Which it did do before.

Tried switching which micro usb goes where but no effect. An Og xbox controller works so ports on xbox are good. And 360 controller works on a PC or 360 still. Same with wheel and arcade joysticks. So just the Ogx360 is fried?

Reached out to seller and got replacement. Yay!

But it worked again for about 2 days....

Now i see most people seem to just use a wireless adapter in the ogx360. 

Is using the 4 port usb hub what is causing my ogx360 to like short out?

The devices i want to use are all corded so i dont need the wireless function just multiple USB.

Edited by 4PlayCoOp
Clarify

1 hour ago, 4PlayCoOp said:

is using the 4 port usb hub what is causing my ogx360 to like short out?

Probably you should be using powered USB hub so you don't exceed the current draw on the OGX360's USB.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...

I agree with SS_Dave, i think its probably your steering wheel that is the culprit. Get a powered USB hub and you should be alright. If you are just plugging them in why not get a controller to USB cable? Do you need multiple things plugged in at once? Maybe the ports dont work that way? If they do that would be real useful to plug in a WIFI bridge into say controller port 4 when you arent playing with 4 players.