OGXbox.com

OGX360i (Internal) Parts

Lamprey

Hi,

I would love to get my hands on an OGX360i (Internal), but I can't find any for sale. I wasn't sure if that's due to a shortage in the parts supply-chain or something else, but I'm happy to build my own.

Unfortunately, my search-foo is failing me and I can't seem to get a complete parts list for building the internal OGX360. Is there a list of parts someplace that you can point me to?

Thanks!

I got the boards from jlcpcb and the components from digikey with eBay for the Arduino pro micro.

This is 1 player one I made.

PXL-20211127-011426143.jpg

And a 2 player version been tested with a front mounted USB in player 4 game port.

PXL-20210811-030458689.jpg

If don't have the wireless receiver connected the corded controllers will work fine.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

@LampreyI’m in the same boat. Also looking for the OGX360i. Already contacted the usual suspects, but they all stopped at least for now. Making it myself would be too expensive/much work. I decided to go the OGX360-t4 route. It is relatively straightforward, would cost me slightly more for 2 controllers but without the hassle of soldering and getting all parts etc. I don’t think I ever need more the 2 controllers.

@SS_Dave how did you mod the controller port so it accepts usb?

I would love to replace the front controller ports with USB ports. I’m  struggling a bit on the how, because I want to keep everything original.

D07804CB-CCD2-4CD3-868A-C827E1A98B6D.thumb.jpeg.a5b80aa02b93a65b88ea72eb4356eb54.jpeg

I was thinking on printing a replacement part for the bit which is holding the current controller ports. I was planning to use this usb connectors. But I’m not a mechanical engineer nor do I have a 3d printer. I probably need a few iterations which would make it a bit of a hassle.

Other option would be to make a cable  where I connect the white connector of the current port and to use the usb adapters from chimeric. I still haven’t found a female connector for the white connector. 

In the pic of the 2 player one I stuffed up a fraction and didn't have the USB poking out the front panel enough (approx. 3mm)

As for mounting I gutted a 2 player game port and used a USB port salvaged from a old PC case then hot melt glued it together.

This is a different pic of the 2 player one.

PXL-20211127-095914933.jpg

The 12 pin connector if you want to buy then are available from Digi key Part Number 455-1204-ND.

I have also 3D printed a bracket to hold 2 USB ports in place of the game ports for a different build that used the N64 freak OGX360 (small black box in the 1st pic)

IMG-20200216-162846.jpg  101.jpg  102.jpg remote-IR.jpg

On this one port 3 is a USB mainly for game saves and port 4 is the wireless receiver and a DVD dongle also connected to port 3 that works simultaneously as the USB drive. The IR receiver is just at the top of the eject button and is not visible but still give a 8 meter range.

Here is another way I did the OGX360 internal fitment in June 2019.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

@SS_Dave thanks, your pics are really helpful. I also took a look on JBLPCB and damn these prices are low. If I compare it to a company in the Netherlands I pay about double if I take only 1 board then what it would cost me in shipping on JBLPCB alone. The boards are like 30 cents each if I order 5. This makes me reconsider the Teensy option as I can get the board + parts for ~30 euro's give or take.  I know another person that might be interested, so I can at least offload 1 board and parts.

Do you mind sharing the design from bracket in the 2nd picture? And which USB cables did you use?

The USB bracket was designed by Paul Demers and is here

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4125772?fbclid=IwAR0I5JvbfQ8OnaGcGpNhcNw4siWkcfTHZ9GUwRCOIhtffKPuSqAOiXby8LM

The slim OGX360 PCB was a redesign of the original board by Sean and you can download the Gerbers from here.

https://1fichier.com/?axlgvi8u0akr698zro6q

Cheers

SS Dave