OGXbox.com

Doubt about flashing this "aladdin + advanced"

chocomochino

Hello to everyone i've been trying to find a solution for hours reading posts but i don't find my specific case:

Xbox: 1.4 Winbond version

i opened my Xbox and found out it had this aladdin version i thought it was softmodded; i wanted to TSOP to increase the HD (No locking on the drive i have) so i thought oh, i could just update the Bios then to support HD creation 

then i tried with Hexen 2019 installing BIOS Evo m8 plus F; but it says: no write access allowed, i tried pressing the power button 2 seconds while booting up( to enable flash write)  nothing happened, same error;

Anyone knows the best way to update the bios i just want to change the hard drive into a larger one (<1tb) but the drive i have has no locking features

I already also softmodded this xbox ( i didn't know it had a modchip)

bc13cb38-208d-4f56-a08c-23f5e3427748.jpg

Edited by chocomochino

Try holding the power button for longer than 5 seconds.  Watch the eject button's lighted ring to see if it flashes.  Some of the Aladdin modchip's flashed the eject ring to let you know that the chip was now write-enabled after a super long power button press. 

Pull the tape up from the chip in the socket on the modchip.  What is the part number of the flash memory chip installed in the socket?

Edit: Reworded content.

Hmm, I just noticed the D0 wire from the modchip is not connected to the D0 point on the motherboard.

Edit: It has to be connected to the D0 point on the motherboard for the modchip to work.

Which version of Xbox do you have?

Go into the stock dashboard's Settings > System Info menu.  Note the values on the K and D lines at the bottom of the scroller before it repeats.  Post the values shown for those two lines.

K: 1.00.KKKK.01

D 1.00.DDDD.01  (dang forum editor keeps converting D followed by a colon to the emoji ( 😧 ).

1 minute ago, chocomochino said:

version 1.4,  yes it's not connected;

i'm thinking about removing this chip and going TSOP i just want to extend the HD size, its still with the 8GB i still need to clean the Motherboard and remove the clock capacitor,

The TSOP may already be flashed.  Check the Kernel version that the console is booting.  

Read my previous post.  I edited the content after I posted it to state how to check the Dashboard (D:) and Kernel (K:) values in the stock MS dashboard of the Xbox.

3 minutes ago, chocomochino said:

version 1.4,  yes it's not connected;

i'm thinking about removing this chip and going TSOP i just want to extend the HD size, its still with the 8GB i still need to clean the Motherboard and remove the clock capacitor,

Does it boot into a replacement dashboard of the stock MS (Xbox) dashboard?

If a replacement dashboard, which one?

Since i Softmodded it before knowing about the chip, i don't know how to reach if possible the original dashboard, however i have this from the eprom backup

It splashes Unleashx 

if i press once the power button it starts green, i remember back when i was a kid i configured for it to be orange when running on the hacked version, when pressed longer than 1 second it turns orange but know loads into the same dashboard.

Should i resolder D0 and try again? either way i need to remove the clock capacitor

if your goal was to change the Hard drive, would you just get a lockable drive and clone it? do you think the current modchip would allow it?

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-24 at 14.09.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-24 at 14.29.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-24 at 14.29.09.jpeg

Edited by chocomochino

Ok, the softmod is running at this time which loads the replacement dashboard UnleashX. 

The BIOS version shown - 1.0.5101.1 - is a stock Xbox BIOS/Kernel version.

The modchip's BIOS is not booting since the D0 signal from it to the motherboard's D0 point is not connected. 

The D0 point on the motherboard when grounded tells the MCPX chip to load the BIOS/kernel from an LPC bus connected flash memory chip - the modchip - connected to the Xbox's LPC Debug port.  When not grounded, the BIOS loads from the flash memory chip on the motherboard.

You can upgrade the hard drive on a softmodded Xbox; however, it has to be locked.   To perform the upgrade, Chimp 261812 is used to clone the current hard drive to a new larger one then locking it. After cloning, the IDE device which is set to SLAVE for the cloning operation is changed to MASTER and the original drive replaced with the new larger hard drive to use the additional space it provides.

The modchip is not being used without having D0 connected.  Therefore, it cannot be flashed.

5 hours ago, chocomochino said:

then i tried with Hexen 2019 installing BIOS Evo m8 plus F; but it says: no write access allowed, i tried pressing the power button 2 seconds while booting up( to enable flash write)  nothing happened, same error;

The error here occurs because the flash memory chip on the motherboard has not been write enabled.  The modchip's BIOS is never being loaded without D0 connected.  However, to use the modchip - reconnect D0 - first install a replacement dashboard to the "real" C partition.  The smallest one to install is Evoxdash +3935.  There are two files that need to be uploaded to the console - evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini.  They have to be placed on the "real" C drive not the "shadow" C drive the softmod provides access to after being activated.  Run the application NKPatcher Settings before uploading them.  When NKPatcher Settings is running the "real" C drive is accessible to the FTP server.  To know that you are accessing the "real" C partition/drive, you will see a folder named "Do not touch anything in here".