OGXbox.com

XBMC & Iso Issue

Shxlx006

12 hours ago, Shxlx006 said:

i use hard modded, my modchip is SmartXX & im not sure where the BIOS is, Where do i find it? i dont think i can find unleashx i dont know where it is, & i dont have a x,y, and z folder i appreciate u for all your help

XBMC hides the game cache drives from the FTP server. :(

You can see them by creating and adding a few lines to the advancedsettings.xml text file.

In the UserData folder - Q:\UserData for XBMC and XBMC4Xbox or Q:\system\UserData for XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation - if the file is not already present, create it.  Next, download the file and edit its content.  Add the <ftpshowcache> line as seen below between the <advancesettings>...</advancedsettings> tags:

<advancedsettings>

<ftpshowcache>true</ftpshowcache>

</advancedsettings>

12 hours ago, Shxlx006 said:

i use hard modded, my modchip is SmartXX & im not sure where the BIOS is, Where do i find it? i dont think i can find unleashx i dont know where it is, & i dont have a x,y, and z folder i appreciate u for all your help

The modified BIOS is what the modchip loads to boot the console that is flashed to the modchip.  You can either find the kernel version in XBMC's System Info page or go into the SmartXX OS menu and look at the list of modified Xbox BIOSes that are flashed to the modchip.  If the console does not show the SmartXX menu on startup, it is not configured to autoboot one of the modified BIOSes flashed to the modchip. The SmartXX OS can be configured to autoboot the console one of the BIOSes flashed to it when powered on. 

The SmartXX OS that controls the modchip does not run standard Xbox applications  - dot xbe files.  It has to boot/load a modified Xbox BIOS which allows the user to do normal Xbox operations - play games!

On 11/23/2021 at 2:35 PM, Shxlx006 said:

yeah but when i searched Xbox HDD ready Def jam didnt pop up on the page

HDD Ready versions: Def Jam Fight for NY [!].7z or DefJamFightForNy.7z

However, I believe the content extracted with XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 from the ReDump archive's disc image is the best version to install.

Edit: The first HDD Ready link above has been fixed.  I'm not exactly sure why the link did not paste correctly when I first posted it.

6 hours ago, HDShadow said:

There are several HDD ready archive collections there and I downloaded the two I found to test them along with the redump version.

All unpacked perfectly. BTW if you use 7Zip (any context menu Extract option) you get an error '.....payload....' message when both the HDD ready .7z files are being unpacked. You can ignore that; it is known problem with 7Zip . Assuming you have 7Zip installed: to avoid the message rather than use the context menu (you can use the "Open archive" options but that just launches the main 7Zip GUI) you might as well double right click and launch the 7Zip GUI directly. Using its 'Extract' option, magically, the error message will not appear.

As to the tests: I used XDVDMulleter to extract the game files from the redump ISO and then converted all three game downloads to XISO with the C Xbox tool. Burned them one at a time to three discs (DVD-RW which my v1.6's Hitachi DVD drive likes) - no problems.

On the Xbox itself all three played from disc without any trouble - I created a profile and avatar in the game in each case went through the first 'training' level fight.

This is where it gets interesting in regard to the problems described: I then took the redump version XISO disc, which abbreviates the XBE name to "DJFFNY" so must be the one you're using and went to install it using DVD2Xbox. I've never had a problem with any game disc which plays from the disc when I've tried just to install it, not play it, on the same Xbox using DVD2Xbox. But this time there was a big problem.

When I clicked to begin the install I immediately had an error message that said 5 files had failed to transfer. I ejected the disc and closed the drawer again, the game was recognised and this time it started to install but after 10 seconds it stopped and reported 63 files had failed to copy error message.

I ejected the redump version disc and replaced it with one the other discs. This time DVD2Xbox refused to recognise a disc was present, same thing with the other disc. Remember that only a few minutes earlier I'd been playing the game from each of those discs.

Worse was to come I tried my standby test DVD-R disc (Timesplitters FP) that was not recognised and neither was any original disc.

I closed DVD2Xbox and tried just booting the DJFFNY disc, then the other two and other games' discs as well - same thing. The DVD drive whirred a bit but refused to recognise any disc at all. Disaster, those Def Jam discs had worked the DVD drive hard and I thought they might have finally broken my previously bullet proof Hitachi drive.

TBH I'm not sure which of the things I did fixed the problem but I suspect it was a DVD2Xbox issue. I've had it affect general Xbox function in the past when I simply swapped skins. The last thing I did before getting the DVD drive working again was to delete the DVD2Xbox game save, checking that both the TDATA and UDATA files were not there any more. That's what fixed the skin issue and I'm confident-ish it worked this time too.

The question is: is it just the redump version that causes this problem when installing to the HDD? Answer: I do not know because TBH I didn't and don't want to risk messing up my DVD drive again.

Later today I will try to FTP to the same Xbox both the redump version and at least one of the HDD ready ones.

I'm suspicious of that redump version but have no explanation as to why it should work perfectly from a burned disc but refuse to be installed from that same disc.

So again I'd suggest getting the HDD ready version but I would not be that surprised if that turned out to have issues too. 

ok so whats everything i gotta do to get the game working?

I'm at this moment testing the HDD Ready version installed by FTP and its working fine. I've rebooted several times, played it a bit and there's been no problems.

After clearing the HDD Ready install, CACHE and game save(s) (UDATA/TDATA) I'm just about to try the redump extracted files version FTPed in.............................................aha! On launch it's just booted back to my main dash.

I'm going to ACL patch it with DVD2Xbox and hope it doesn't **** up my Xbox again.................................it didn't. Yay!

So that looks like the problem although I can not explain why DVD2Xbox balked at copying in the files from the redump version disc when that played perfectly from the disc to start with.

What you need to to is ACL (Action Control List) patch your existing DJFFNY installation:-

1). Install DVD2Xbox with the full ACL list.

The DJFFNY game save ID is 45410049 and I've just checked my copy of the ACL list and there is no specific ACL for that game for it appears just to require the default ACL patch which any version of DVD2Xbox will include.

2). Launch DVD2Xbox and select the File Manger option from the menu (not the Game Save Manager).

3). Use that to find your DJFFNY folder in Games or wherever you installed it.

4). Just highlight the folder, don't open it, and press the controller WHITE button to get a context menu.

5). Choose the Process ACL option and click to run it.

6). As it is the generic ACL patch it will do that very fast, other games ACL patching can take much longer.

You can check it has worked by using the file manager to view the DJFFNY contents afterwards. You should now see a "default.xbe" which is the new patched one plus a "default.xbe_orig", a backup of the original default.xbe. 

7). Exit DVD2Xbox back to your main dash.

8). I suggest shutting down then rebooting before trying to boot DJFFNY again.

Hopefully that will fix it for you too.

I'd still suggest you find the HDD Ready version - that should have been ACL patched already and the fact the copies I found booted OK and the redump version didn't after install to the HDD is a good indication it was just a ACL patch issue all along.

It doesn't explain the problem I encountered installing it with DVD2Xbox from disc. Anyone else here have an explanation for that?

FYI this was all done on a Xecuter chipped v1.6 at 480p and tested being launched from UnleashX v572, v584 and XBMC v3.5.3.

If it still doesn't work I'll try it on a softmod too. What version Xbox are you using? 

Edited by HDShadow

2 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I'm at this moment testing the HDD Ready version installed by FTP and its working fine. I've rebooted several times, played it a bit and there's been no problems.

After clearing the HDD Ready install, CACHE and game save(s) (UDATA/TDATA) I'm just about to try the redump extracted files version FTPed in.............................................aha! On launch it's just booted back to my main dash.

I'm going to ACL patch it with DVD2Xbox and hope it doesn't **** up my Xbox again.................................it didn't. Yay!

So that looks like the problem although I can not explain why DVD2Xbox balked at copying in the files from the redump version disc when that played perfectly from the disc to start with.

What you need to to is ACL (Action Control List) patch your existing DJFFNY installation:-

The DJFFNY game save ID is 45410049 and I've just checked my copy of the ACL list and there is no specific ACL for that game for it appears just to require the default ACL patch which any version of DVD2Xbox will include.

2). Launch DVD2Xbox and select the File Manger option from the menu (not the Game Save Manager).

4). Just highlight the folder, don't open it, and press the controller WHITE button to get a context menu.

6). As it is the generic ACL patch it will do that very fast, other games ACL patching can take much longer.

You can check it has worked by using the file manager to view the DJFFNY contents afterwards. You should now see a "default.xbe" which is the new patched one plus a "default.xbe_orig", a backup of the original default.xbe. 

I'd still suggest you find the HDD Ready version - that should have been ACL patched already and the fact the copies I found booted OK and the redump version didn't after install to the HDD is a good indication it was just a ACL patch issue all along.

It doesn't explain the problem I encountered installing it with DVD2Xbox from disc. Anyone else here have an explanation for that?

FYI this was all done on a Xecuter chipped v1.6 at 480p and tested being launched from UnleashX v572, v584 and XBMC v3.5.3.

If it still doesn't work I'll try it on a softmod too. What version Xbox are you using? 

would it be alright if u could show me a video tutorial of a screenshot tutorial on how to do it? i brought this modded xbox i didnt mod this myself. so im pretty confused. but i did manage to get into dvd2xbox because it was already installed on here

updated: yeah i tried it but still didnt work its still giving me ''script failed! :start_med

Edited by Shxlx006

4 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I didn't have to do any of that.  The game's content extracted from the ReDump ISO file worked 4 me.

I'm thinking it may be an old X2 BIOS installed on their SmartXX modchip that's not allowing the game to play.  It has been documented at xbmc4xbox.org.uk that some games do not start with some of the X2 and X3 (if you have an X3 modchip) BIOSes.

2 hours ago, Shxlx006 said:

would it be alright if u could show me a video tutorial of a screenshot tutorial on how to do it? i brought this modded xbox i didnt mod this myself. so im pretty confused. but i did manage to get into dvd2xbox because it was already installed on here

updated: yeah i tried it but still didnt work its still giving me ''script failed! :start_med

Which version of XBMC is installed on your Xbox?

And, which skin is it using?

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which version of XBMC is installed on your Xbox?

And, which skin is it using?

im using HDeeTV Skin`and im using XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3 i think. my bios is 4817 Retail my xbox version is v1.1 if you need any screenshots of the settings ill post it, but all my other games are working its just that particular game (def jam fight for new york) thats not working

Edited by Shxlx006

5 hours ago, HDShadow said:

im using HDeeTV Skin`and im using XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3 i think. my bios is 4817 Retail my xbox version is v1.1 if you need any screenshots of the settings ill post it

4 hours ago, Shxlx006 said:

im using HDeeTV Skin`and im using XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3 i think. my bios is 4817 Retail my xbox version is v1.1 if you need any screenshots of the settings ill post it, but all my other games are working its just that particular game (def jam fight for new york) thats not working

Since the BIOS is 4817 then the SmartXX modchip is not being used.

Where did you find the BIOS version being used?

The Xbox must be softmodded which allows the replacement dashboard, XMBC4Xbox 3.5.3, to run. 

Why this one game is not working is a mystery to me since it runs on my console without any problem. Well, most of the time that is. I'm not sure why the audio glitched during the intro video that one time since it has not done so again.

Edit: Try installing the game using the content from one of the HDD Ready versions I provided the link to earlier in this thread.

16 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Since the BIOS is 4817 then the SmartXX modchip is not being used.

Where did you find the BIOS version being used?

The Xbox must be softmodded which allows the replacement dashboard, XMBC4Xbox 3.5.3, to run. 

Why this one game is not working is a mystery to me since it runs on my console without any problem. Well, most of the time that is. I'm not sure why the audio glitched during the intro video that one time since it has not done so again.

Edit: Try installing the game using the content from one of the HDD Ready versions I provided the link to earlier in this thread.

this where i got the bios from and i already installed the game from one of the HDD Ready but what do i do now?

CEE3D317-AF01-487F-B0E9-CDB473ACE714.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Shxlx006 said:

this where i got the bios from and i already installed the game from one of the HDD Ready but what do i do now?

CEE3D317-AF01-487F-B0E9-CDB473ACE714.jpeg

Ok, run the HDD Ready version of the game. 

Did you delete the file set that was uploaded from the ReDump disc image?

Some of the replacement dashboard's don't list all of the games installed if two of them, the default.xbe files, have the same internal XBE title even though installed in unique subfolders.

5 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Ok, run the HDD Ready version of the game. 

Did you delete the file set that was uploaded from the ReDump disc image?

Some of the replacement dashboard's don't list all of the games installed if two of them, the default.xbe files, have the same internal XBE title even though installed in unique subfolders.

i ran the HDD Ready version of the game but do i FTP it? and the file that didnt have default.xbe in it?

3 hours ago, Shxlx006 said:

i ran the HDD Ready version of the game but do i FTP it?

You FTP the files to the hard drive in a subfolder of the Games directory on the Xbox.  Either in the E:\, F:\ or G:\ drive depending which you have available.  F and G are only accessible if you have upgraded the hard drive.  Or, a small ~2GB F can be created if your Xbox had a 10GB instead of 8GB hard drive.

and the file that didnt have default.xbe in it?

If there was no default.xbe file, the downloaded archive you extracted the files from must be for different console.

Def Jam: Fight for NY was released for the Xbox, Playstation 2 and Gamecube.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

FTP to the Xbox and download the two log files:

• Q:\xbmc.log and
  • Q:\xbmc.old.log

Attach them to a post and so I can take a look at them and try to decipher why the script failed error occurs.

its pretty annoying because the script failed error occurs pops up even when i boot up the game, its like its almost like its blocking me from doing almost anything.

xbmc.log xbmc.old.log

Edited by Shxlx006

Shxlx006

21 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I didn't have to do any of that.  The game's content extracted from the ReDump ISO file worked 4 me.

I'm thinking it may be an old X2 BIOS installed on their SmartXX modchip that's not allowing the game to play.  It has been documented at xbmc4xbox.org.uk that some games do not start with some of the X2 and X3 (if you have an X3 modchip) BIOSes.

The ACL patching, as far as I tested, only applies to the redump version extracted files which, of course, are not ACL patched. The HDD Ready version I FTPed in worked fine without patching, as you'd expect it was already ACL patched.

I did not try installing the the game from disc with DVD2Xbox using the XISO I'd prepared from the HDD Ready version files. I was more concerned about getting my Xbox DVD drive working properly again and wasn't going to feed it another disc as none were working at that point.

I should have mentioned the BIOS I'm using with the Xecutor 2.6CE chip fitted in that v1.6 is a Evox M8+ customised v1.6 version.

The fact is the unpatched redump version game installed via FTP on launch crashed back to the main dash, just as Shxlx006 describes, it was reasonable to assume his problem was the same thing and that ACL patching or using the pre-patched HDD Ready version would fix the problem.

I see we're now back to that "default.xbe" issue - Shxix006 really needs to confirm it is the original default.xbe that was extracted from the redump ISO. If it is not and comes from somewhere else then that IS likely the problem. The redump ISO and both the HDD Ready versions I found at the Xbox archive have their "default.xbe" as you would expect.

All you need to do is FTP the unZipped/unRAREd  HDD Ready game folder to your XBMC Games folder. When done in Programs > Games (it may depend on the XBMC skin exactly where that is found) you should see the game displaying as "DJFFNY" only if it is the redump version. If it is  shown as "Def Jam Fight for NY" it definitely is either of the HDD Ready ones. It should boot without issue if it is the latter.

Is there any chance a anti-virus or anti-malware program is interfering in this? I've not had problems with XBE files myself but there are several Xbox PC tools that provoke my AV and would delete/quarantine them if I hadn't years ago added them to the exclusion list.

It would also help to confirm, since we are pretty sure the redump version is what we're talking about, what tool was used to extract the game files from that downloaded redump ISO: XDVDMulleter or XISO just be certain?

Edited by HDShadow

26 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Shxlx006

The ACL patching, as far as I tested, only applies to the redump version extracted files which, of course, are not ACL patched. The HDD Ready version I FTPed in worked fine without patching, as you'd expect it was already ACL patched.

I did not try installing the the game from disc with DVD2Xbox using the XISO I'd prepared from the HDD Ready version files. I was more concerned about getting my Xbox DVD drive working properly again and wasn't going to feed it another disc as none were working at that point.

I should have mentioned the BIOS I'm using with the Xecutor 2.6CE chip fitted in that v1.6 is a Evox M8+ customised v1.6 version.

The fact is the unpatched redump version game installed via FTP on launch crashed back to the main dash, just as Shxlx006 describes, it was reasonable to assume his problem was the same thing and that ACL patching or using the pre-patched HDD Ready version would fix the problem.

I see we're now back to that "default.xbe" issue - Shxix006 really needs to confirm it is the original default.xbe that was extracted from the redump ISO. If it is not and comes from somewhere else then that IS likely the problem. The redump ISO and both the HDD Ready versions I found at the Xbox archive have their "default.xbe" as you would expect.

All you need to do is FTP the unZipped/unRAREd  HDD Ready game folder to your XBMC Games folder. When done in Programs > Games (it may depend on the XBMC skin exactly where that is found) you should see the game displaying as "DJFFNY" only if it is the redump version. If it is  shown as "Def Jam Fight For New York" it definitely is either of the HDD Ready ones. It should boot without issue if it is the latter.

Is there any chance a anti-virus or anti-malware program is interfering in this? I've not had problems with XBE files myself but there are several Xbox PC tools that provoke my AV and would delete/quarantine them if I hadn't years ago added them to the exclusion list.

It would also help to confirm, since we are pretty sure the redump version is what we're talking about, what tool was used to extract the game files from that downloaded redump ISO: XDVDMulleter or XISO just be certain?

I used winrar to extract it to my desktop and then i just ftp'ed the entire def jam folder to my xbox, do i have to use xdvdmulleter? im not sure if i had to use that before i ftp'ed the game over. but even so im still getting the script failed errors, those errors are litterally blocking me from booting the game, it also pops on my screen when i turn on the xbox as well.

Only use XDVDMulleter or XISO if it is the redump version. The HDD Ready ones are, as they sound, HDD ready - all you do with them is unZip or unRAR and FTP the game Def Jam folder to your Games folder on the Xbox.

If there is something messing with the boot of your Xbox as well it might be the same sort of DVD2Xbox problem I described.

Did you use DVD2Xbox at any point in the past to try and install the game from disc, particularly if it was the redump version from the archive?

Can you confirm, as it is still not clear, whether you're using a chipped Xbox or a softmod? I ask because my primary softmodded Xbox is also a v1.1 with the same retail BIOS as shown in your earlier screenshots.

It has a Samsung 605B disc drive which doesn't like the DVD-RW I used earlier with my chipped Xbox. I'll have to use a DVD-R or two to test the redump and one of the HDD Ready versions. If yours is a chipped Xbox there's not much point as, as KaosE said, the BIOS or chip itself might be involved with the problem.  

9 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Only use XDVDMulleter or XISO if it is the redump version. The HDD Ready ones are, as they sound, HDD ready - all you do with them is unZip or unRAR and FTP the game Def Jam folder to your Games folder on the Xbox.

If there is something messing with the boot of your Xbox as well it might be the same sort of DVD2Xbox problem I described.

Did you use DVD2Xbox at any point in the past to try and install the game from disc, particularly if it was the redump version from the archive?

Can you confirm, as it is still not clear, whether you're using a chipped Xbox or a softmod? I ask because my primary softmodded Xbox is also a v1.1 with the same retail BIOS as shown in your earlier screenshots.

It has a Samsung 605B disc drive which doesn't like the DVD-RW I used earlier with my chipped Xbox. I'll have to use a DVD-R or two to test the redump and one of the HDD Ready versions. If yours is a chipped Xbox there's not much point as, as KaosE said, the BIOS or chip itself might be involved with the problem.  

i did use dvd2xbox and it still gave me the same results “script failed start med..” i could confirm if i’m using a soft mod or a hard mod but i’m not sure how, as i said earlier i brought this modded xbox. so i’m not sure how i could possibly tell, 

Shots of your C:\ and E:\ drive content would help on that but if it is chipped (very unlikely a TSOP) then the only 100% way to be certain is to open up the Xbox and check inside.

You'll need a torx head screwdriver for that.

But check this first: if when you look underneath the screws have obviously been removed (labels torn, replaced, covered by another sticker or peeled away) then somebody has definitely been there before you. But if the labels are original and still virgin then you can be pretty sure it is a softmod so no real need to go any further.

If the C:\ and E:\ drive content match a recognised softmod set up it is probably safe to assume it is a softmod. 

58 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Shots of your C:\ and E:\ drive content would help on that but if it is chipped (very unlikely a TSOP) then the only 100% way to be certain is to open up the Xbox and check inside.

You'll need a torx head screwdriver for that.

But check this first: if when you look underneath the screws have obviously been removed (labels torn, replaced, covered by another sticker or peeled away) then somebody has definitely been there before you. But if the labels are original and still virgin then you can be pretty sure it is a softmod so no real need to go any further.

If the C:\ and E:\ drive content match a recognised softmod set up it is probably safe to assume it is a softmod. 

so do i need to check the C:/ Drive And E:/ Drive?