OGXbox.com

Attempting to get old softmod up and running...

Kevin G.

Just now, Kevin G. said:

I created the folder. Everything I have done in the past, heard, or read have said to create XBMC in the E: drive. A tutorial on XBMC4Gamers had said to create the Emus folder on the F: drive, point to that when installing emulators, or ROMS...

Still would have to create the Emus folder if it were within the C : drive. There is not one created by X4G itself.

As mentioned, ZSNESXbox just works when setup this way. Atari kind of works. I just can't start a game.

I see. That’s one of the two main reasons I don’t like that dash. Emustation has everything perfectly organized for you straight out of the gate. Just put the files where they need to go, yada yada. I’ll tinker around with a fresh mod later and see if I can shine some more light on it. 

I see. That’s one of the two main reasons I don’t like that dash. Emustation has everything perfectly organized for you straight out of the gate. Just put the files where they need to go, yada yada. I’ll tinker around with a fresh mod later and see if I can shine some more light on it. 

Maybe I'll switch back to Emustation? I tried it for a little while when I started this project a year or so ago...I just assumed X4G is the latest/newest dash by JXRocky5.

Edited by Kevin G.

4 hours ago, Kevin G. said:

Maybe I'll switch back to Emustation? I tried it for a little while when I started this project a year or so ago...I just assumed X4G is the latest/newest dash by JXRocky5.

XBMC4Gamers (X4G) was developed from his original update to XBMC called XBMC4Kids.  Then, XBMC-Emustation was developed after X4G to mimic the look-and-feel of EmulationStation.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By boydscout
      I chip modded my Xbox 20 years ago when I was in college. Not sure the type of chip but I can find out if need be. Evolution X executor rox my box load screen. Fast forward and now I have 4 kids who have resurrected the Xbox, ages 4-11. I suspect one of the kids messed up the bios but I really don't know. One day, the kids can't get into system utilities anymore and load games. Here is the screen it boots to. Not sure where to go from here to get the machine working but I can follow directions and my 11YO is as nerdy as I used to be, so I'm hoping all is not lost.

Any guidance appreciated.
    • By ChThC1991
      After 10 years of brake I bought 2 Xbox
      So like in the title  
      One I bought already chip moded Xbox  Xecutor2 3b pro  and Avalaunch 
      when I turn off chip I don’t know why I’m was extra softmoded  Xbox 
      when I was trying change size of the partition by mistake I formatted hard drive ( I have back up eproom) 
      first he show me error 16
      I was using second softmoded Xbox and chimp program to fix error 16 
      in unlock disk with original eproom 
      copy all partition c 
      and later lock the hardrive 
      now I have error 21 and I was trying everything and can fix this ;(  it’s any change to fix this Xbox 
      he don’t wanna boot Hexen was trying 2018 and 2019 

• By R1CKSO
      Hello guys,
      This is my first post on this great forum, lots of info and input is amazing! The reason of this probably repeated post is that I want to upgrade my HDD to a 1TB or 2TB HDD (what's the max capacity I can go with my motherboard?), I watched lots of tutorials and seems the way to go is using OGXBox (downloaded and burned version 1.5.3 to a DVD, also have TruHeXEn 2021 on another DVD disc if needed) my questions are mostly regarding how to proceed now, I got this console from a very good friend some 15 years ago, and it was modded as it alwas played back up DVD's, I opened the console to look if there was any physical chip or mod to the board but couldn't find any or I'm too dumb to detect it, seems like it is only soft modded? Current BIOS and Dash versions are attached in pics along with more pics of the motherboard so I don't know if you guys can see any mods performed to it. I already purchased the SATA to IDE adapter and performed the 80 way/40 pin IDE cable conversion and everything seems to be working after that I was able to play my backup DVDs  and play from the original HDD as well, so basically which route do I follow now? because I don't want to perform something that might brick the console by interfering with the already installed mod, also is there any specific model of 3.5" SATA HDD I need to choose?, I know there's like a list of working/locked HDD so do I need to consider that when purchasing my new HDD? I was plannig to get a WD blue or Seagate Barracuda.

Thank you very much for all your help guys!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.