OGXbox.com

Xbox V1.1 wont boot or booting loop

Invasione

Hi, I need some help please. After the death of my beloved xbox v1.0 I decided to get a new one, I get a 2002 with motherboard V1.1 and Aladdin XT installed. The console starts and switches off 2 times and then boots normally. By holding down the power button for a few seconds I was sometimes able to start the change. I thought it was faulty and ordered another brand new Aladdin xt plus 2(fake).

i notice my old owner had soldered the pins out the mod directly on aladdin main and wired the wires H0 L1 BT D0.
it seemed strange to me that it did not use the socket available on the small aladdin board. I then cleaned everything, removed the welds and tried the main and to my amazement it does not start and always cycles on off and then remains on without an image and the LED flashes red.

I mount the chip and send D0 to ground and the console magically starts at the first shot without starting the mod, although I set the BT to ground to always leave the mod ON. why does he behave like this?
I checked the pins and everything seems okay, the soldering too. I guess it's a motherboard problem right? can you help me please, I really want to make it work again.

grazie mille

Pietro

Edited by Invasione

18 hours ago, Invasione said:

I mount the chip and send D0 to ground and the console

Which D0 - the modchip's output pad or the D0 point on the motherboard?

Edit: I posted this message before I saw that you had another with images included.  I need to take a look at them and believe I'll find the answer to my question.  If not, I'll as again in another reply.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is the D0 point on the motherboard connected to ground?  

I tried to connect it directly to ground through the crown of a screw by welding it and on the aladdin on the board. but the result is the same. the fact that without the mod does not start is not strange? i mean video 3, disconnecting all the wires the xbox doesn't start even if i remove aladdin. Thank you very much for the time you are dedicating to me

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gigamaximus
      Hello Everyone. 
      I am kind of new/kind of old to the scene, as I have an rev 1.6 Xbox that I bought brand new in 2006, softmodded and installed a 160gb harddrive, which is(was?) limited to 137Gb useable space, copied all my bought games to it, threw in a couple emulators, and then just used it on and off and basically forgot anything involved in the process to the mists of time. 
      Recently it wouldn't power on, so I replaced the common 5 3300uF caps that were leaking, and it was good to go. My brain noted that the 16 year old IDE hard drive will not run forever, and I should look at upgrading to a SATA configuration.
      Due to the time gap, very old versions of software, I have now read so much conflicting information at this point am not sure what to do in 2021.
      I  no longer have the original drive. I don't appear to have an image of either drive (8gb or 160gb) in any of my backups either. My fuzzy memory says this is bad because of linked keys. 
      I do not have a PATA usb adaptor, or computer with PATA. I have an Xbox to USB adaptor, but I don't think I have a compatible thumb drive. Based on my research I've ordered the "correct" Startech SATA/PATA adaptor. The existing drive already has an 80 pin cable. 
      I do have ftp access without issue. 
      I'm attaching a 2 screenshots of my drive/system info, my questions are:
      Is that key in the screenshot all I need? If not what is the best way to go about backing up the drive/board key "Just in case" things go bad.
      And is Chimp (https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/chimp/)  still the best way to clone it to a new drive in 2021? 
      I undoubtedly will have more questions, but backing up is my first priority, and once I have a confirmed backup I will be much more comfortable playing with it, and hopefully updating the various software I have loaded.  
      Any "critical hints" or gotchas would be appreciated as well. 

v

• By bigpapi69420
      hey, im a bit of a newb when it comes to og xbox, but i just bought one for the first time off of ebay. it works great, but i know its a big deal to remove the clock capacitor. it looks like it may have been opened before but i dont have a torx screwdriver to open it up to check. im going to my uncle's on saturday so he can open it up and see. is it fine if i play it with the possibility the clock cap hasnt been removed? it works great in every other regard.
    • By Daefledar
      I have this 1.4 Xbox that I've been tinkering with trying to being it back to life.  I have plenty of other MBs so this has been more of a journey project more than the need to have a working board.
      The board initially would flash red.
      I took out the eeprom and it wouldn't read stable.  I replaced it with a new chip and flashed it with a few different images finally settling on an image of another 1.4 that works.
      It now boots to a black image with a solid green light no fraging.
      So I ripped out the tsop and it also is awful, it has a few hundred unstable bits.  So I decided to just install a modchip.  Installed an openxenium and was able to boot into xeniumos!  There was horrible diagonal lines that looked like interferance that would progressively get worse until there was major graphical glitches.  I saw power issues could cause problems so I replaced the power caps below the CPU.  Problem persisted.  Replaced the powersupply, everything looks clean. 
      Flashed M8+ onto the Modchip go to load it and the screen goes blank.  
      Any ideas for things to try would be appreciated.

Thank you

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.