OGXbox.com

EEPROM Reader

Scaby Daby Doo

Is it Possible to retrieve my EEPROM via usb? Ive seen all the vids using PonyProg and have made a reader in the past for an old Xbox, my problem now is my old pc is long gone and all i have now is a laptop with 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb-c ports no ethernet I can use a usb to ethernet converter. I also have a serial to ethernet cable. i could do this.... Xbox + eeprom cable + serial to ethernet cable + ethernet to usb. This sounds like a bad idea and I don't think Ponyprog likes usb. Aside from a mod chip what are my options. The box in question is a 1.2 which i intend to tsop, I also have a softmoded 1.6

43 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Don't you have one of the exploitable games?

You could use this to read the eeprom but by the time you muck around you could have fitted a Aladdin chip for less money

https://github.com/Ryzee119/ArduinoProm

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks Dave, I do have Mechassault and splinter cell but the box in question came second hand with a dead hard drive. I might just buy an Aladdin xt to recover it then use that same mod chip in the 1.6. This is likely the easiest way. It would be interesting to know if anyone has gotten Ponyprog to work with usb though.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, Scaby Daby Doo said:

Is it Possible to retrieve my EEPROM via usb? Ive seen all the vids using PonyProg and have made a reader in the past for an old Xbox, my problem now is my old pc is long gone and all i have now is a laptop with 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb-c ports no ethernet I can use a usb to ethernet converter. I also have a serial to ethernet cable. i could do this.... Xbox + eeprom cable + serial to ethernet cable + ethernet to usb. This sounds like a bad idea and I don't think Ponyprog likes usb. Aside from a mod chip what are my options. The box in question is a 1.2 which i intend to tsop, I also have a softmoded 1.6

No, PonyProg directly controls the pins of the PC's RS-232 port.  It is not actually sending/receiving data via the serial port.  It bit bangs data sent to and read from the connected memory chip.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By willis
      Does xbox have some sort of pdf reader available or converter to view pdf files? Some way to convert them to be viewed on xbox?
    • By xelizor
      Hello guys,

I have a faulty xbox that powers on and shutsdown by itself the first two power cycles (while bliking green/orange), and the it stays powered on for the third time while bliking red/green. The xbox does not show any image. I have a PAL system, and this happened when I used Enigma video mode switch (I have used it before with this console and everything worked just fine). From what I've read I suspect that the problem is some sort of corruption on the eeprom, so I decided to try read/erase/write the eeprom using a Raspberry PI. But after trying to redo all the solder work again and again (always trying to be very careful), PiPROM cannot find to manage any 0x54. Is it the solder work? Or it might be some other problem within the console (btw I'm using the console's PSU to power it).

Best Regards

• By Tingle64
      Hello OG Xbox forums, I've worked myself into a pickle again.
      The short version:
      I need to get a file off of an HDD that throws an error 16 (won't boot, Corrupted dash) but still works. Can I get it off using a second Xbox and a file manager, or do I need to buy an adapter and use Xpolorer 360 to get it off?

The long Version: 
      While preparing to TSOP flash my Xbox, I was copying saves over from the had drive onto a memory card for safe keeping. However when that didn't work with the UnleashX dash I tried to switch over to the default dash. This corrupted the files and now the Xbox throws an error 16 whenever it tries to boot from the HDD. Since it is an error 16 I can't boot from disc since the Xbox preforms the time check before it checks the DVD drive, and since the Xbox was only softmoded I can't just format a new drive and throw it in. From what I've found online I can use CHIMP and my working TSOP'd Xbox to recover the dash files on this second one, however I need the EEPROM.bin file. Can I get it off using a file manager that can detect both drives using the working TSOP'd Xbox, can CHIMP find the EPROM.bin file on the slave HDD and recover from that, or do I need to purchase an IDE adapter to connect my Drive to a PC via XPLORER 360 and then transfer it over to the XBOX?  
      Thanks. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.