OGXbox.com

EEPROM Reader

Scaby Daby Doo

Is it Possible to retrieve my EEPROM via usb? Ive seen all the vids using PonyProg and have made a reader in the past for an old Xbox, my problem now is my old pc is long gone and all i have now is a laptop with 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb-c ports no ethernet I can use a usb to ethernet converter. I also have a serial to ethernet cable. i could do this.... Xbox + eeprom cable + serial to ethernet cable + ethernet to usb. This sounds like a bad idea and I don't think Ponyprog likes usb. Aside from a mod chip what are my options. The box in question is a 1.2 which i intend to tsop, I also have a softmoded 1.6

43 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Don't you have one of the exploitable games?

You could use this to read the eeprom but by the time you muck around you could have fitted a Aladdin chip for less money

https://github.com/Ryzee119/ArduinoProm

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks Dave, I do have Mechassault and splinter cell but the box in question came second hand with a dead hard drive. I might just buy an Aladdin xt to recover it then use that same mod chip in the 1.6. This is likely the easiest way. It would be interesting to know if anyone has gotten Ponyprog to work with usb though.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, Scaby Daby Doo said:

Is it Possible to retrieve my EEPROM via usb? Ive seen all the vids using PonyProg and have made a reader in the past for an old Xbox, my problem now is my old pc is long gone and all i have now is a laptop with 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb-c ports no ethernet I can use a usb to ethernet converter. I also have a serial to ethernet cable. i could do this.... Xbox + eeprom cable + serial to ethernet cable + ethernet to usb. This sounds like a bad idea and I don't think Ponyprog likes usb. Aside from a mod chip what are my options. The box in question is a 1.2 which i intend to tsop, I also have a softmoded 1.6

No, PonyProg directly controls the pins of the PC's RS-232 port.  It is not actually sending/receiving data via the serial port.  It bit bangs data sent to and read from the connected memory chip.