OGXbox.com

OpenXenium & New Harddrive Next Steps

tmntx3

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I used LBA increasing BIOS partition table on 2tb HDD it then formatted c, e, to the correct size and it made F drive as 1tb and G as 800 and something gigabyte.

If you put the clean C and E files in the respective drives the Xbox will boot to a stock dash, I tried to boot to the OGXbox installer and when using EvoxM8 and the Ind bios files on a Open Xenium chip from a cold boot I got a error saying is a movie or audio CD and to remove it but when I used the X2-5035.67 bios it was happy to boot the install disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you, I will try this! Would to happen to have the X2-5035.67 bios to share? 

20 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It might be the angle the photo was taken but the pins in the red box look bent.

k2Had60.jpg

And I have one of the same adaptors that the main chip gets that hot you can not touch it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I think it was just the photo, I took another, and they do look straight upon inspection. The other board seems to work though. 

IMG_2627.jpeg

Edited by tmntx3

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Hey all , I have a modded Xbox with xenium as well and I have a new 2t hardrive I need to format and install new dash , I don’t have a DVD burner can I use usb ? I can’t make a disc .. 

FATXplorer 3.0 Beta - https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/

Take a look at Hazeno's Tutorial - https://www.hazeno.com/guides/fatxplorer-2tb-preload

I've gotten error 21 on an OpenXenium, I'm pretty sure it was because either the memory was corrupt or it was flashed with a corrupted backup image (bad drive maybe,) the chip kernel panicked when XeniumOS was open for long enough. It would work fine with a different modchip so I flashed the chip again with Xenium Tools and the problem went away.

That's just what it was for me, it could also be an IDE adapter issue if you're using a cheapo version. A lot of the cheap ones need to have their through-hole joints reflowed to work properly (sometimes they don't even have solder on them,) but if you use it without doing that first, it could possibly just fry itself and then you'll need a new one. 

I've also had a cheap IDE adapter that would throw error 21 only when soft rebooting the Xbox for whatever reason.